Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119976 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

With a silent apology, Mirella moved in, bringing her quarterstaff down on one of the kobolds with both hands.

Move to C10; attack kobold-C9 with quarterstaff equipped as a two-handed weapon (1d8 bludgeoning).
((Shield not in use; Mirella's AC is 16))

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen looms over one of the Kobolds, his blade coming down like the fierce judgement of some REALLY angry god.

Move to D-11, and introduce the Kobold at E-11 to Madame Blade.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Reflex: ... Success and Failure)
One of the cultists reels back from the acid spray, while the other gets a full blast in the face for 2 damage.
(Attack: 7+5, barely missed!)
Mirella swung the staff with all her might, but the kobold quickly took a defensive stance at the last moment, and a small parry sent the staff just a little to the left, where it hit the ground.
(Attack: 16 is a hit, Arwen instakills kobolds.)
Arwen slams the reptilian creature's arm with the flat of his blade, and, with the crunch of bone, it becomes as limp as the rest of the kobold's body.

Map.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Sneak arrow cultist 2, then hide again
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Book it to Cultist 2 and introduce him to my sword! If Cultist 2 is down, then the Kobold next to him.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack: 17+6, Success. Damage: 5+3+4=1 Dead cultist)
Sweetpea fires off a single arrow, which pierces the cultist in the belly, probably piercing a vital organ, judging from the scream they give as they hit the ground.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Sweetpea's turn.
Map.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweetpea watched the cultist fall and turned to the next.

Arrow the other cultist.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack: 9+6, Success. Damage: 3+1+4) (Restealth: 19+8)
Popping out from cover before ducking back into it, Sweetpea fires off an arrow, hitting the cultist in the leg.
And with that, the kobolds spring into action as one, swarming the cleric and the fighter.
The attacks of the reptilian creatures come with a savagery and precision only available to zealots.
(Numerous attack rolls... One hit on Mirella for 4 damage, none on Arwen, two misses.)
Luckily, the two most armored members of the party earn their keep with an impressive defence, deflecting or dodging all but one of the attacks thrown their way, which ends with a crude but no less painful knife in Mirella's side.
(Attack of Opportunity: 17+7) One goes for flank Arwen, but dances an inch too close to the fearless soldier, earning a sword in it's belly for its trouble. Another scampers towards the wizard, with blood in its eyes, under the guard of the cleric.
(Attack... Failure)
The cultist limps forward, brandishing a sword above its head, but its blow wildly misses Mirella.

It is Mirella's turn.
Map.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Mirella winced as the dagger struck home through a chink in her armor.  She saw one of the kobolds make its way past her, heading for the other two, but with three enemies before her, she couldn't immediately disengage.  Instead, she struck out at the cultist, identifying them as the greatest threat. 

Attack Cultist 1 with quarterstaff

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Action: Poison spray on that Kobold closest to me!

Con Saving throwing 13 on target, or...
Damage: 1d12 Poison
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen grimaces. One of the Kobolds made it past him to the squishier members... But they should be ok.... He refocused his attention on the Kobolds in front of him, grinning.

Slash the Kobold at E10!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack: 14+5, Success, 4+3 damage)
Mirella sweeps the legs of the cultist, and is satisfied with the blood oozing from their head when they hit the ground.
(Con Save... Barely saved!)
The kobold sees the puff of grey-green smoke coming, and takes a deep breath before it hits.
(Attack: 2+7, Failure.)
Your foe moves fast to recover, and manages to get away with naught but a scratch.

It is Sweetpea's turn.
Map.
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know the drill. Pew pew all sneaky like.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack: 10+6, Success! Insta-kill!)
And another one gone! And another one gone! Another one bites the dust!

(Attack against Mirella... CRITICAL! 3+1+2 damage!)
A kobold jumps onto Mirella's chest, and begins stabbing the cleric in every chink in her armor. The cleric struggles to dislodge the creature, and, after a few, very painful moments, she throws it off.
(Attack against Arwen... CRITICAL! 2+3+2)
One of the kobolds ganging up on Arwen lunges at his ankle, and slashes it deeply. Here's hoping it didn't sever anything too important, but the pain around the Achilles tendon has him worried.
(Attack against Arwen... Success! 2+2)
Another kobold knife finds itself into his belly, and he lets out a scream and a burst of blood.

It is Mirealla's turn.
Map.
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 12:39:09 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((better use that second wind, Arwen!

Also, this turn really stinks. Two crits and a hit? 1 hp remains for both our warriors? Strange odds. :P ))

"...get back, Mirella, I'll hold em off!" Johanna said, bulling forward, preparing another spell.

Action: Move up and take Mirella's spot.

Poison Spray random Kobold on the way!

Con Saving throwing 13 on target, or...
Damage: 1d12 Poison
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 94