Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119902 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Tali tries to reason with the Dwarf, speaking in the Dwarvish language.

$"You know, anger and spite won't get you out of here. Think before you act. You should tell us all about your groups plan-why not?"$ she reasons. $"If we win, you'll be glad to have cooperated and gain some lenience from the townsfolk...if your side wins, the truth will die with me and you'll not have to worry. I assure you, my friends cannot understand our words. Or do you really have so little faith in your cause that you think you won't win? That your mighty Dragons will somehow fail?"$ she said, in a taunting fashion.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Before entering the room, Mirella had made certain that her full moon amulet, the sign of her faith in Selūne, was visible.  She stood quietly before the dwarf, showing no sign of response when the dwarf spat at them save for a gentle smile.  She looked first at Johanna when her partner began to speak, then at the dwarf.  Slowly, she knelt slightly until she was at eye-level with the dwarves, then began speaking in Common.  "It'll be alright; you can trust both of us.  If you aid us by telling her what we need to know, I will intercede with the townsfolk for mercy, in the name of Selūne."

>Help Johanna persuade the dwarf (Persuasion: 3)
>Expend Inspiration Point

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Sweatpea looked at the kobold.
"So... yeah, I've not done this before. In the streets, if they caught you they just threw you in a cell to... wait to hang..."
She swallowed sudden bile.
"Give me a second..."

She headed outside. She wasn't one for torturing things, and memories of her own imprisonment came back.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While Sweetpea was outside, Arwen had moved closer to the Kobold, and put on his warface. He began to speak to the Kobold in Draconic.

"Tell me everything you know, and maybe you can walk out of here instead of being carted out with the other corpses."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Johanna and Mirella:
Johanna Persuasion: 5+2.
Mirella Persuasion (with Advantage): 1, 1+3.
The Dwarf cracks a smile, made of missing teeth. "We won't fail. We've got a dragon. Did you really forget about that? You've got what? 50 fighting men who have never seen more combat than some bandits or wolves? We've four times that in Kobolds."

Arwen and Sweetpea:
Intimidation: 11+3.
"I'LL TALK! I'LL TALK! The dragon lady came to Kobolds' home and said [Draconic translating to The Queen-Mother] wanted kobolds to follow dragon lady and raid human town for shinies! Dragon lady said kobolds would get [The Queen-Mother]'s love if kobolds came, so kobold came. If hand of shiny come with kobold to Kobolds' home, no see, no stop."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I guess we'll see, won't we?" Johanna said.

Action: Ready to move on.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Tell me more about this dragon lady."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen and Sweetpea:
"She's black- scales like jet, and they says that she can breath acid. She's gots this BIG sword, one, two kobolds long, and it talks! I heards it, I did!"

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I believe you. Sounds magic. Who is the Queen mother?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"She is the mother and queen of chromatic dragons, the Five-Headed Dragon Goddess, Tiamat."
The dwarf whips his head around to glare daggers at the kobold at the sound of the name of his goddess.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Johanna and Mirella:
Johanna Persuasion: 5+2.
Mirella Persuasion (with Advantage): 1, 1+3.
The Dwarf cracks a smile, made of missing teeth. "We won't fail. We've got a dragon. Did you really forget about that? You've got what? 50 fighting men who have never seen more combat than some bandits or wolves? We've four times that in Kobolds."
Mirella watched the dwarf evenly.  "So many kobolds, but you, my friend, are no kobold.  Why do you and your kin fight here?"  At the kobold's outburst and the dwarf's outburst, she tilted her head slightly.  "Ah, it has aught to do with Tiamat, but why this city?"

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen grinds his teeth, angry at this. "So she's using religion to manipulate people? That bitch...." He looks down, and after a few moments of thinking, grins.

"I take it the two of you know where she's holed up?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Johanna and Mirella:
Persuasion: 13+3
"The Dragon Queen rises: Her faithful will earn Her favor when She does. We raided this town because it has coin."

Arwen and Sweetpea:
"She's on the walkabout, got some guards, not one spot. "

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Are we done here? All we can ascertain is that there is likely a leader among them." Johanna says.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen thinks for a few moments, and nods. "Ok. I'd like you to work for us for a while, if you think it'll be safe for you to do so. If not, I want you to leave this place and run as fast as you can away from here. Also, what is your name?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 94