Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 18667 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Day 1 - The Party Gets Started [5/5]
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2015, 08:25:42 pm »

hector: There have been very few events in this game, but DS's voting is one of the main ones.

I know, I'm trying to figure out whether it was town or scum motivated though. Deathsword not being present to go through it has made that difficult.

If it was town-motivated, it was a risky thing to do in a game of this nature, given that all it takes is one townie to vote wrong for the mafia to hammer, and potentially win. This is why I think an early vote is anti-town: (note, anti-town=/=scummy) the unique nature of this type of game.

If it was scum-motivated, it only needed one more townie to go for it to ruin our day.

I'm now inclined to think that scapheap is scum, after Deathsword posted. The lack of trying to confirm his gut-feeling is certainly anti-town, particularly when there hasn't been any other qualification for it, other than "he voted for me." which is a silly reason to think someone is scum.

He's made no attempt to really scumhunt the other players in the game, suspicious because Origami and I have been active around the times he's been about.

I'd like to wait until Scapheap responds to what Deathsword said before voting for him. His job is essentially to convince me that someone is scummier than him.

Good luck, scappy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2015, 10:33:18 pm »

I politely ask Deathsword, Scapheap, and TheDarkStar to remove your votes and replace them with Fos's.

Considering that DS is the one up for lynching, you're basically defending him. Why do you not want him lynched?

After re-reading the forum, I came across this quote of TDS trying to alienate me against the rest of the people. This could serve him in two ways
1. He is daring me to change my mind and vote for Deathsword which would fulfill my theory I made earlier.

2. In case something fails, he wants to set me up as an easily lynchable target.

You say that you find DS scummy. You got that from one post. You still won't say what it was that made you suspicious of him - what phrase was it in his post?
He being very 'Hey guys, look how odd scap being' without committing to it. It rubbed me the wrong way.
Why do you keep buddying me? With basically zero evidence, you're painting DS as bad and me as good. Why?
Keep? I haven't buddied you once and I'm not painting you as good, you could be mafioso, acting as the fall guy for D2 when I turn out innocent or a unwitting townie who going to a nice scapegoat next turn.

Calling it now, you are not godfatherI think

Ok, I understand now.

Deathsword,, why did you vote for scap for such a small reason?
There were other posts to this effect, but you'll forgive me if I don't quote them all. I'll also explain why I am not removing my vote as of now.

I am not asking you to remove your vote, I am asking you to replace it with an fos. A fos should mean the exact same thing as a vote, but just not run the risk of a mafia hammering someone.

Deathsword and TheDarkStar Why are you not willing to replace your vote with an fos?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2015, 04:57:59 am »

Also note: scapheap did not answer hector's question where he asked if scap was worried over how others saw him, or why/why not.
Do I have to explain this? If I'm townie, I know that me getting Lynched will get the town one step closer to losing and if I'm scum the mafia get one step closer to that. There is no outcome were me getting lynched is good for me, just like you getting lynch is no good for you so everyone should be worried about how people see them regardless.

Are you going to ask what I breathe?(most nitrogen with about 20% oxygen) Since the answer is already known.

As for lack of to confirm my gut-feeling is certainly anti-town, it my first game. I'm trying to work out what to do so I don't know the unwritten rules that everyone else knows and thus I don't know the method of building a case. What you read was me trying to build a case(and the reaction tell me I suck at it.)

Plus claiming game analysis doesn't work when the person you trying to use it on doesn't have nearly any game exp and thus isn't reliable. I don't know the 'rules' and thus I'm a button masher in fighting game.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2015, 08:39:52 am »

I am not asking you to remove your vote, I am asking you to replace it with an fos. A fos should mean the exact same thing as a vote, but just not run the risk of a mafia hammering someone.

Deathsword and TheDarkStar Why are you not willing to replace your vote with an fos?
An FoS has, as observed in this game, far less weight. It does not grant true pressure to your arguments, and makes you look like you are not committing to it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2015, 08:48:12 am »

When do you think an fos is a justified choice?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2015, 03:01:31 pm »

Also note: scapheap did not answer hector's question where he asked if scap was worried over how others saw him, or why/why not.
Do I have to explain this? If I'm townie, I know that me getting Lynched will get the town one step closer to losing and if I'm scum the mafia get one step closer to that. There is no outcome were me getting lynched is good for me, just like you getting lynch is no good for you so everyone should be worried about how people see them regardless.

Are you going to ask what I breathe?(most nitrogen with about 20% oxygen) Since the answer is already known.

As for lack of to confirm my gut-feeling is certainly anti-town, it my first game. I'm trying to work out what to do so I don't know the unwritten rules that everyone else knows and thus I don't know the method of building a case. What you read was me trying to build a case(and the reaction tell me I suck at it.)

Plus claiming game analysis doesn't work when the person you trying to use it on doesn't have nearly any game exp and thus isn't reliable. I don't know the 'rules' and thus I'm a button masher in fighting game.
In this type of game, there is one time when it would be a good thing to get lynched. If you are the mafia goon, you could have the godfather get you lynched, then everybody would trust your partner. Possibly winning the game for the mafia. Just sayin.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2015, 06:38:16 pm »

In this type of game, there is one time when it would be a good thing to get lynched. If you are the mafia goon, you could have the godfather get you lynched, then everybody would trust your partner. Possibly winning the game for the mafia. Just sayin.

Given your thoughts on scappy and DarkStar being the mafia duo, do you still think DS is the godfather?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2015, 06:42:45 pm »

I am more inclined to believe that TheDarkStar is the godfather and DeathSword is goon. I am putting Scapheaps early play don as inexpirience *much the same way as I voted no-lynch in the beginners troll cave game) But, TheDarkStar He has been playing more cautious then both of them leading me to believe that he is godfather and either Deathsword or Scapheap are his goon. I am leaning towards Deathsword though.

TheDarkStar,

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2015, 06:47:32 pm »

I'm be leaning more toward scappy as goon, to be honest.

But yeah, DarkStar for godfather.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2015, 07:07:59 pm »

So far, we have:

Hector13:fos TheDarkStar
origamiscienceguy:fos TheDarkStar
Scapheap:fos Deathsword
Deathsword:Vote Scapheap
TheDarkStar Deathsword

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2015, 07:18:15 pm »

I am more inclined to believe that TheDarkStar is the godfather and DeathSword is goon. I am putting Scapheaps early play don as inexpirience *much the same way as I voted no-lynch in the beginners troll cave game) But, TheDarkStar He has been playing more cautious then both of them leading me to believe that he is godfather and either Deathsword or Scapheap are his goon. I am leaning towards Deathsword though.

TheDarkStar,

Why do you believe that the scumteam you have is correct? You haven't really explained why me and DS are scummy.

hector:

I'm be leaning more toward scappy as goon, to be honest.

But yeah, DarkStar for godfather.

Why? You're relying entirely on OSG's case, which (as I have noted) isn't really there.

Both OSG and hector: Why did you FoS instead of voting?

Deathsword: Do you find it scummy that most people are still FoSing rather than voting?

scapheaps:
What leads you to suspect the people that you do? Who is the most scummy to you? Why aren't you scumhunting more? When you explained the theories you had, why did you suggest those specific scumteams?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2015, 07:23:37 pm »

This is why I think you are scummy
From his OMGUS reaction. It seems that something is going on between TheDarkStar (btw, you haven't changed your vote yet), Deathsword, and Scapheap. I am guessing that one of them is the victim of the other Two's onslaught.

1. At first, it seems Deathsword is the victim, because TheDarkStar and Scapheap have both voted for him. Perhaps they were hoping one of us would jump on the wagon. This is pretty smart considerin Deathsword would probably Vigkill whoever hammered him. I think that this is the most likely option of what is going on. That is why I have been defending him. Although, Deathsword isn't contributing much. Which brings me to option

2.Deathsword is the mafia goon and TheDarkStar is the godfather. It is possible hat Deathsword is trying to act scummy and have TheDarkStar call him out on it. This would make heDarkStar seem Townie because he got a mafia lynched. He could very likely get a free ride to the end of the game. Deathsword's scummy move is the quick vote on ScapHeap and then, not ever contributing to the conversation afterwards. This would make him an easy target for TheDarkStar to lead, and then everyone else to wagon. TheDarkStar is also the most expirienced player here, so if anyone were to try this tactic, it would be him. (also, when he saw you move your vote to a fos, he claimed it was a gambit YET he didn't remove his vote.)
And this is why I am still using fos's

Your questions have been answered already. I think that you are just trying to desperately act like you are scumhunting now. I am almost certain you are scum, and for that, I am voting TheDarkStar now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2015, 07:25:36 pm »

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - (0)
*TheDarkStar - origamiscienceguy (1)
*hector13 - (0)
*Deathsword - TheDarkStar (1)
*scapheap - Deathsword (1)
Not voting: hector13 & scapheap

Day ends on hammer only.  3 votes to hammer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2015, 08:01:15 pm »

This is why I think you are scummy
From his OMGUS reaction. It seems that something is going on between TheDarkStar (btw, you haven't changed your vote yet), Deathsword, and Scapheap. I am guessing that one of them is the victim of the other Two's onslaught.

1. At first, it seems Deathsword is the victim, because TheDarkStar and Scapheap have both voted for him. Perhaps they were hoping one of us would jump on the wagon. This is pretty smart considerin Deathsword would probably Vigkill whoever hammered him. I think that this is the most likely option of what is going on. That is why I have been defending him. Although, Deathsword isn't contributing much. Which brings me to option

2.Deathsword is the mafia goon and TheDarkStar is the godfather. It is possible hat Deathsword is trying to act scummy and have TheDarkStar call him out on it. This would make heDarkStar seem Townie because he got a mafia lynched. He could very likely get a free ride to the end of the game. Deathsword's scummy move is the quick vote on ScapHeap and then, not ever contributing to the conversation afterwards. This would make him an easy target for TheDarkStar to lead, and then everyone else to wagon. TheDarkStar is also the most expirienced player here, so if anyone were to try this tactic, it would be him. (also, when he saw you move your vote to a fos, he claimed it was a gambit YET he didn't remove his vote.)
And this is why I am still using fos's

Your questions have been answered already. I think that you are just trying to desperately act like you are scumhunting now. I am almost certain you are scum, and for that, I am voting TheDarkStar now.

1. No, my questions have not been answered. You noted two posts above the one you quoted that I wasn't your top scum pick, but you're voting for me now. The quoted post is not even an explanation of why you find various people scummy - it's about what could happen if various people were on a scumteam.
2. No, I'm not going to remove my vote because no matter what you claim, FoSes simply don't have the same weight. A vote adds pressure on people that they HAVE to respond to. A FoS does not.
3. You claim that votes are bad to use and then you vote me for it. Either you think voting people for being suspicious is good and your vote on me has no backing or you think that voting for suspicious people is not good and you are contradicting yourself. Either way, it deserves a vote. Origamiscienceguy.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2015, 08:14:03 pm »

1. You weren't ACTING the most scummy, but I think you are godfather. I would obviously want to vote for the godfather over the mafia goon. That post was a resulting theory that I created based on the way everybody was acting and how they voted.

2. Where did I claim that votes were bad? I think a vote should be made when somebody has substantial evidence to convince me that they are scum, by now, the way you have acted and the way you weren't very active on this thread UNTIL I voted for you firmed my belief that you are scum.

By the way, that OMGUS vote on me just firmed my belief that you are godfather. Thanks for that. I hope everybody else sees that once I threatened him, he reacted agains me with arguments that don't make sense.
You claim that votes are bad to use and then you vote me for it. Either you think voting people for being suspicious is good and your vote on me has no backing or you think that voting for suspicious people is not good and you are contradicting yourself. Either way, it deserves a vote. Origamiscienceguy.
you base your vote on me just off of this.
An obvious third option is here. I think that voting for people when I am sure they are scum is good, and you are now acting extremely scummy.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13