Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 18654 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Day 1 - The Party Gets Started [5/5]
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2015, 09:58:04 pm »

Hector13 Deathsword hasn't posted since his vote on Scapheap. What do you think about that?

We were technically in the RVS stage, and the other Vengeful Mafia games have had people voting for the most part instead of FoSing, so I guess he thought it was alright to vote for someone, also considering DarkStar's assertion that the scum would be foolish to quick-hammer anyone because the survivors would know who they were.

It doesn't make sense from a town perspective, and from a scum perspective it's not exactly subtle, so it probably doesn't mean anything other than they've not been able to get on.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2015, 10:02:36 pm »

He was active on the forum about 2 hours ago.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2015, 10:09:03 pm »

Still not sure, he hasn't posted much since voting for scap.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2015, 10:13:25 pm »

TheDarkStar and ScapHeap, How many mafia games have you played in, and how many Vengeful Mafia games have you played in?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2015, 10:39:58 pm »

TheDarkStar and ScapHeap, How many mafia games have you played in, and how many Vengeful Mafia games have you played in?

Two dozen; none. Why do you ask? Why do you ask us two specifically and not DS or hector? What do you think about the current situation and what are your reads?

Also, here's why I haven't moved my vote off of DS: I made a gambit. If he was town (despite my suspicions), I expected scum to hammer him, followed by him vengekilling one of the mafia. If he was mafia, there would be no quick hammer because one mafia wouldn't try to lynch the other in a game like this.

Reads:

TheDarkStar - A great guy.
hector - town lean because of scumhunting
origamiscience - scum lean, especially for the way that he defends DS.
scapheap - fairly new, so inexperience is mixed in with some odd play. Currently null read, but it could go either way.
Deathsword - scum lean, mostly because of the way he threw his vote around.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2015, 10:49:21 pm »

I asked you two because I know Deathswords and hector13's count already.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2015, 02:48:22 am »

None and none.

ScapHeap:
You treat your gut feeling like it is omnipotent. After a bit, you took back your vote on deathsword as if to try to make the suspicion against you vanish.
I'm not. It deathsword's reaction to it that made me think is was more then just intergestion. Plus
OSG: Why no rvs questions?
This guy also held a gut reaction, toward you. This was before you did anything beside ask on some rules.

Thedeathstar also FoS before anything happen so that also suspect.

Plus I'm finding your heavy defense of Deathsword odd. You were discarding any possible chance I'm not scum, but allowing for Deathsword to be either. You may be godfather.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2015, 02:29:49 pm »

... scumslip? Deathsword has voted for scap, that's pretty much the only piece of information we townies have so far from him.

Presumably he's told you his reads in the scum chat?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2015, 02:55:25 pm »

Two dozen; none. Why do you ask? Why do you ask us two specifically and not DS or hector?

Read the whole conversation again please.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2015, 03:06:11 pm »

It seems that this is everybody's first vengeful mafia game. This will change my reads a bit.

Scummiest
Scapheap/Deathsword: You two are either both mafia and no cooperating very well, or one is mafia and the other is Town and you two are dukin it out. I am not sure which is which.
TheDarkStar: Your gambit, if it even was one, was really sketchy. I hope you realize that even if a mafia did hammer him, there would only be one mafia and 2 town left. Alternatively, you and Scapheap could be scum hoping some inexperienced player (which everybody here is) would hammer him for you.
Hector13: Your scumhunting is very thoughtful.
Towniest

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2015, 03:14:56 pm »

Read the whole conversation again please.

I 'ave done, sir. Deathsword's only contribution has been to vote scapheap in an OMGUS manner.

Where did you get his other reads?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2015, 03:27:27 pm »

From his OMGUS reaction. It seems that something is going on between TheDarkStar (btw, you haven't changed your vote yet), Deathsword, and Scapheap. I am guessing that one of them is the victim of the other Two's onslaught.

1. At first, it seems Deathsword is the victim, because TheDarkStar and Scapheap have both voted for him. Perhaps they were hoping one of us would jump on the wagon. This is pretty smart considerin Deathsword would probably Vigkill whoever hammered him. I think that this is the most likely option of what is going on. That is why I have been defending him. Although, Deathsword isn't contributing much. Which brings me to option

2.Deathsword is the mafia goon and TheDarkStar is the godfather. It is possible hat Deathsword is trying to act scummy and have TheDarkStar call him out on it. This would make heDarkStar seem Townie because he got a mafia lynched. He could very likely get a free ride to the end of the game. Deathsword's scummy move is the quick vote on ScapHeap and then, not ever contributing to the conversation afterwards. This would make him an easy target for TheDarkStar to lead, and then everyone else to wagon. TheDarkStar is also the most expirienced player here, so if anyone were to try this tactic, it would be him. (also, when he saw you move your vote to a fos, he claimed it was a gambit YET he didn't remove his vote.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2015, 03:34:21 pm »

You claim that DarkStar is likely scum in both of those scenarios, yet in your reads list he is second most townie. Why is this?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2015, 03:40:13 pm »

No, you are most Townie. He is right up there with Deathsword and Scapheap. He has just acted less scummy then the other two making him Slightly more Townie then the two of them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2015, 03:54:35 pm »

I did say "second-most" in the thing, but that's me just being pedantic.

Having considered the game, I feel I'm comfortable calling you town, and that scapheap is at this point most likely to be scum, and I'm kind of comfortable saying with DarkStar.

However, deathsword has been mightily quiet, and that is muddying the waters a bit for me. He needs to drop in with his opinions before I'm comfortable with voting.

Or we can wait for the modkill on him, which should happen Tuesday night, if my calculations are correct.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13