Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 18668 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Day 1 - The Party Gets Started [5/5]
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2015, 03:55:56 pm »

he gets prodded tuesday night and modkilled wednesday night.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2015, 04:04:48 pm »

I came up a theory where neither me nor Deathsword is scum, but it need a leap of faith that would make assassins raise eyebrows so I'm going to put that to one side.

I still not sure why I'm most likely to be scum over deathsword. I had a FoS or gut feeling about him then he act up, I react and somehow that make me the more likely bad guy? I'm not following your train of thought. Please talk me along it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2015, 04:08:13 pm »

I am actually starting to think that Deathsword and TheDarkStar are scum. But, no offence, you have acted pretty scummy this game with your lack of theories or scumhunting. On that note, what was your theory, I want to hear it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2015, 04:13:21 pm »

I am actually starting to think that Deathsword and TheDarkStar are scum. But, no offence, you have acted pretty scummy this game with your lack of theories or scumhunting. On that note, what was your theory, I want to hear it.
I will admit that I reacted poorly and put Deathsword on the spot and the whole thing got out of hand somewhat. Alotawhat.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2015, 04:15:49 pm »

Please tell me what your theory was, and what your current theory is.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2015, 04:33:34 pm »

Hector13 Which of my two theories do you think is more likely?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2015, 04:35:26 pm »

Deathsword is on the forum right now. Just thought I should point that out.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2015, 04:42:22 pm »

Please tell me what your theory was, and what your current theory is.
Oh, I thought you were asking hector13 that, my bad.

Me and deathsword are both townies who simply duking it out. Thedeathstar is the lesser mafia, drawing attention to himself without overly doing it.

You(sorry) are the godfather, who taking the best of a lucky break and ordered your lackey to be meatshield if on the second day, we start looking elsewhere for the mafia other then the brutes(me and deathsword).

There is a second version where hector the godfather, but that would need a second luck break of you, a townie here, wading in and making a fuss, so it far less likely.

Then there the third, almost impossible outcome where both you and hector being mafia, but that would need so much luck to pull off, I'm just discarding that out of hand.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2015, 04:52:42 pm »

You(sorry) are the godfather, who taking the best of a lucky break and ordered your lackey to be meatshield if on the second day, we start looking elsewhere for the mafia other then the brutes(me and deathsword).
No need to say sorry. Everybody is always suspicious of everybody else unless they are both mafia. In that case, they have to act suspicious which can become conspicuous.
All of your theories are certainly possible. They also allow me to analyze them. After reading this, no offense, you do seem to be playing as a rather inexperienced player and I can put your early behavior down on that.

Deathsword, you are active, post something for Pete's sake.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2015, 06:33:50 pm »

You say that you find DS scummy. You got that from one post. You still won't say what it was that made you suspicious of him - what phrase was it in his post?
He being very 'Hey guys, look how odd scap being' without committing to it. It rubbed me the wrong way.
Why do you keep buddying me? With basically zero evidence, you're painting DS as bad and me as good. Why?
Keep? I haven't buddied you once and I'm not painting you as good, you could be mafioso, acting as the fall guy for D2 when I turn out innocent or a unwitting townie who going to a nice scapegoat next turn.

Calling it now, you are not godfatherI think

Ok, I understand now.

Deathsword,, why did you vote for scap for such a small reason?
There were other posts to this effect, but you'll forgive me if I don't quote them all. I'll also explain why I am not removing my vote as of now.

Scapheap: What do you think about the fact that I'm FoSing you?
I'll tell you as soon as someone tell me what that mean.
Scapheap would you be hesitant to put a hammer on somebody early on the day?
Assuming that mean vote, I have a bad feeling about Deathsword, but not enough to blindly vote right now so yes.
Scapheap: If we managed to lynch a scum player on D1, how would that influence your play in day 2?
If it was Deathsword, I'll would follow my gut since it seem to know the score. If not, I don't know...

Deathsword: How do you feel about my gut?
TheDarkStar: If you are lynched and you are town, who would you revenge kill?
origamiscienceguy: What song are listening to right now?
hector13: I'm not good at questions so I skip this one.
scapheap's first post. In it, he already decided his gut (as in, a part of himself) feels like I am scum. Apparently my opening post had such strong scumvibes it caused quite a lot of intestinal disturbance.

What makes you suspect Deathsword so early, though?
Only a gut feeling, no actual proof.

And back to the dark star: No hard feeling toward you, could be anyone at this point. Voting for me on the other hand, we going to have a problem.
Then there is this. In this, scapheap openly admits it's just a gut feeling... and yet he makes ZERO effort to try and confirm that feeling, be it through questioning, pressure or other methods.

Your posts seem to indicate you want me lynched. Why are you only relying on your gut and not trying to build a case?
I don't want you lynched, my gut want you lynched, there a key difference.
Why would TDS voting for you be a problem? Will this mark him as scum? What if he finds a reason to genuinely believe you to be scum?
If he vote for me, I could get lynched, which would be a problem for me at least. If he scum, then it become the town problem. If he town, then it become a problem for him too. Thus we.

Also, I'm going to FoS you since you seem to be trying to throw me in a bad light. Deathsword. At least TDS is upfront about it.
Here (and I missed this originally) he dodges my main question, why he wasn't trying to build a case. Then he expresses quite a lot of concern over being lynched. A primarily scum concern. Town care about lynching scum. Scum care about not getting found and/or killed.

Furthermore, he FoSes me for "trying to throw him in a bad light", except he then goes and says TDS is doing it too, but that is okay because TDS is being obvious about it. What.

You say that you find DS scummy. You got that from one post. You still won't say what it was that made you suspicious of him - what phrase was it in his post?
He being very 'Hey guys, look how odd scap being' without committing to it. It rubbed me the wrong way.
Then he claims I am "not commiting" to my pressure on him. So I commit:
scapheap, is this commitment enough for you?

Deathsword, you do seem to be quick to vote for scapheap, very early in the game. He has said it wasn't anything specific that made him suspect you, that it was a gut-feeling and he hasn't actually tried to convince anyone you're scum by building a case. He hasn't even voted you, just been explaining that he thinks your susicious, which isn't inherently scummy.

What's that all about, eh?

Also DarkStar, is Deathsword's pre-emptive OMGUS enough to convince you that he's scum? If so, why?
Thinking someone is suspicious isn't scummy. Saying you think someone is suspicious and doing fuck all about it sure is.

Furthermore, it wasn't an OMGUS, as explained above.

It could just be that he has early suspicions. He hasn't acted on them, nor has he built a case on them. He might not even be sure of them himself.
I did some bolding there. How is having a suspicion and not acting on it town? If a townie has a suspicion, they act on it.

I don't like that people have voted early. It's anti-town, though I'm more inclined to see Deathsword as scum for it because he seems to be voting scapheap because he has a "gut feeling".
The vote is a tool. It can be used to apply pressure, to lend weight to your arguments, to make scum nervous, to show you are serious. Voting will never be anti-town. Hammering? Depending on circumstance. But voting? Voting is a town tool that scum use to look like, and mislead, town.

Scapheap

Your "gut" seems to be extremely informed about the situation. This could be that you are a godfather trying to get your mafia goon lynched and get us to trust you, or you could be trying to act scummy to get your godfather to look trustworthy, or you are just trying to lynch someone who you know isn't mafia. All three of these indicate that you are scum
Scapheap would you be hesitant to put a hammer on somebody early on the day?
Assuming that mean vote, I have a bad feeling about Deathsword, but not enough to blindly vote right now so yes.
I was being honest of what I felt at the time
And yet you did nothing about it. Even after I voted you, you still held off and tried to look like a victim. Why, yes, you were being honest. We will certainly take you at your word and doubt not your intentions in a game where one team must deceive another in order to win.

game analysis?
Can you claim that when it still the first day?
As a matter of fact, one can. It doesn't matter if there is little to be analyzed. There is still something. My vote, yours and everyone else's reactions to it. Why are you trying to dissuade attempts at looking in-depth at what happened?

Only after being prodded by hector does scapheap actually vote me, despite me being big bad scum by his gut-book.
Also, why aren't you voting for Deathsword until you see other's viewpoints? Are you worried over how others see you? Why?
Also, why aren't you voting for Deathsword until you see other's viewpoints? Are you worried over how others see you? Why?
I guessing that once you voted, you can't change so I didn't want to vote then and then have someone do something or drew attention to something that made me go "wait a second..."

But nothing came up so Deathsword.
Also note: scapheap did not answer hector's question where he asked if scap was worried over how others saw him, or why/why not.

Upon OSG asking, scap then removes the vote:
I politely ask Deathsword, Scapheap, and TheDarkStar to remove your votes and replace them with Fos's.
I guess I did put him on the spot. Unvote.

Deathsword
But, I ask, if I am such a big scumbucket, why would he not want to commit to my lynch as I am to his?

ScapHeap:
You treat your gut feeling like it is omnipotent. After a bit, you took back your vote on deathsword as if to try to make the suspicion against you vanish.
I'm not. It deathsword's reaction to it that made me think is was more then just intergestion. Plus
OSG: Why no rvs questions?
This guy also held a gut reaction, toward you. This was before you did anything beside ask on some rules.
Did I, at any point, said that random FoS was anything other than that, a random FoS? Did I say I had gut feelings on anyone? I saw an opportunity to get the game rolling with a question that could cause some discussion. So I did. That was all.

He was active on the forum about 2 hours ago.
As an aside: just because someone is active in the forum, it doens't mean they are in the right mindset, or got enough time, to do a proper post. Example: this post took about a full hour to make. Lurking is to be frowned upon, sure, but I did post yesterday and I am posting today. Real Life is a thing that exists and demands attention.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2015, 07:42:50 pm »

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
*hector13 - (0)
*Deathsword - TheDarkStar (1)
*scapheap - Deathsword (1)
Not voting: origamiscienceguy, hector13, & scapheap

Day ends on hammer only.  3 votes to hammer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2015, 08:02:29 pm »

Deathsword: Are you suspicious of those people who are reluctant to use their votes?

hector: There have been very few events in this game, but DS's voting is one of the main ones.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2015, 08:13:07 pm »

Deathsword: Are you suspicious of those people who are reluctant to use their votes?
No. I think they are just wasting it. While I am willing to overlook a bit, given we have some new players, I am still rather wary of those who advise against voting.

Since I have answered your question as to why I voted, what do you think of my answer?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2015, 08:20:26 pm »

No. I think they are just wasting it. While I am willing to overlook a bit, given we have some new players, I am still rather wary of those who advise against voting.

Since I have answered your question as to why I voted, what do you think of my answer?

You said that it's not suspicious but it does make you wary. What does that mean?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2015, 08:24:10 pm »

You said that it's not suspicious but it does make you wary. What does that mean?
It means that if they continue to express support for not using the votes I will suspect them of being scum trying to make town doubt itself. Now, please, answer my own question.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13