Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 164207 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1065 on: April 26, 2015, 10:22:29 am »

Presumably you run the risk of melting it if you try to rapid-fire it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 26, 2015, 10:33:11 am »

Makes sense.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 26, 2015, 11:36:45 am »

Spoiler: To Sean Mirrsen (click to show/hide)

Also, I just thought. If the main problem is cutting things for cheap, why can't we remake the cutting torch as 1-token bluerad-powered lasercutter? It could even come with pistol handle and tool handle variants, for Con and Aux users respectively.  ;)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 26, 2015, 11:54:25 am »

Aww! And then so little said to me, and so much to syvarris-kun.  ::) This greatly disappoints me, Radio Controlled-san.

Ah, don't cry, I may have responded more to his things, but that's cause most of yours I didn't have something to add to! Don't worroy there's plenty of radio to go around.

(inb4 ER tinker harem comedy)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also:

18:46:38   piecewise  You could always ask them to come here. I'll need some number crunchers too look over this game

So get in there!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 26, 2015, 12:09:06 pm »

I absolutely do not agree with the notion that "different but inferior" applies to the continuous-beam laser, versus a pulsed beam laser of similar power. It's just different. It has different utility, and is not inferior in overall power.

I also do not agree that anything that is "different but inferior" has no place in the Armory. The Red Hand is inferior to the blaster pistol in almost all conceivable qualities, but it's still useful because it is different. Different form-factor, different type of damage, different utility. The Spektr is inferior to the blaster rifle in damage delivered, it costs more, it's heavier, but it's still far more useful for different sorts of engagement.

I compare the Blaster series to the Gauss rifle, where the Lasers are an equivalent of regular automatic firearms. Blasters put more power into one bigger punt of the same type of damage, but if you have a large number of targets to hit, a laser will be able to scythe them down with far more ease. Different utility matters a lot.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 26, 2015, 12:40:23 pm »

Spoiler: To Sean and RC (click to show/hide)

((@RC Not just ER Tinker harem comedy. ER Hephaestus OOC harem comedy! :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 26, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »

Why am I -kun?  I thought I was actually a peer, here.

Spoiler: Blaster Discussion (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 27, 2015, 08:51:03 am »

Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 27, 2015, 10:18:01 am »

One spoiler. One!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:23:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 27, 2015, 12:31:07 pm »

Well, I still want to create a "blaster carbine" (to borrow a name): your original idea of "series of micropulses" in short succession, sort of a pulse-continious weapon. I'm not sure how it would translate into game details, but maybe we could make the pulses quite long - for a few seconds, even - so even the "cutting" use would be covered for this weapon.

But I still think we should bring Spektr down a token. New efficient generators, data from field use, or something. Just saying.
Past Sigs

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 27, 2015, 01:28:20 pm »

If I get ahold of some stems cells, tissue, and organs and limbs could I potentialy make a Frankenstein monster?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 27, 2015, 01:34:21 pm »

The science team on the Sword switched the bodies of two people for giggles.  I don't see why you couldn't, with enough good fortune.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 27, 2015, 04:06:49 pm »

But I still think we should bring Spektr down a token. New efficient generators, data from field use, or something. Just saying.
We should bring both it and Raduga down in price then. The Spektr was balanced against the old Laser Rifle, for instance, but the current trend seems to be to ignore the old weapons. With the low-cost mass-murder provided by the bluerad cells, "infinite" ammo in the FEL weapons is rather devalued, too.

It could be time for an updated redesign.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 27, 2015, 04:28:34 pm »

We should bring both it and Raduga down in price then. The Spektr was balanced against the old Laser Rifle, for instance, but the current trend seems to be to ignore the old weapons. With the low-cost mass-murder provided by the bluerad cells, "infinite" ammo in the FEL weapons is rather devalued, too.

It could be time for an updated redesign.
Except if we get an analogue to the Planetoid mission, but with more things to shoot which aren't a) invulnerable b) an endless sheet of rock ice or c) 200m high, formed of liquid crystals, and able to shoop da woop.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 27, 2015, 04:53:24 pm »

I just understood. The forcefields are the ultimate chemical-resistant armor, aren't they?
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 155