Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: Great River Politics [11/20]  (Read 31495 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics [11/20]
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2014, 05:56:42 pm »

((Why not have redguard and elves be able to interbreed in the rare chance they dont kill the other?))
((Eh. Just because, really. A proper reason could be genetic incompatibility due to all the genetic engineering that's gone down.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:08:48 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2014, 06:09:54 pm »

-Aerindinus tentatively accepts a mutual defense pact with Terra Arma, but ejects the missionaries citing incompatable cultures as the reason for doing so. Still, it does send the missionaries back with it's own delegation and attempts to use them to try finding solutions to those problems, along with laying the groundwork for a more comprehensive alliance between the two states.

Didn't notice this.

Of course the missionaries accept these terms, bringing the representatives back home to Terra Arma. To show there is no hard feelings, the delegates will be housed in our own churches, as we unfortunately lack any buildings capable of housing outsiders, and few citizens would be willing to risk bringing demons upon their home. They will, of course, not be required to participate in anything, but the priests can be rather loud, they will likely hear sermons if they listen during the day, sometimes even at night. Food and water will be provided by the churches, the sacerdote armi will no doubt love to eat with the delegates.

Spoiler: Classified (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2014, 06:16:42 pm »

Sapiastan

Diplomacy

Infrastructure

[Construct a wooden palisade with gates around the perimeter of the city.]

Internal

[Send military to hunt for Anarchists. Anarchists will not be punished be "Reeducated", they will be fixed once they realize that the enemy is not the state, but the Elves and Red Guard. If the Anarchists are Red Guard they are to Necklaced. (A popular form of execution in Sapitastan, in which a rubber tire filled with gasoline is placed around the arms and chest of an executee, and then lit on fire.)]

[Offer a monetary reward to any Elves or Red Guards that are voluntarily sterilized at a Hospital or Labratory.]
Diplomacy

[Sapiastan reviews Sigylguard's offer and accepts the inclusion of Lumber in addition to Food for additional Sigylguard Metals.]
Immigration/Refugee

[Sapiastan accepts Human Nomads who pass a comprehensive physical examination, and swear a contract binding them to the law of Sapiastan. Redguard and Elven Nomads are turned away. If they try getting through, it is considered Trespassing and trespassers are to be shot.]

[Recruit able-bodied adult Humans Nomads into the Workforce.]

Military:

[Construct Wooden Training Camps and Barracks.]

Education:

[Reform Education System: Let children decide at the age of 13 whether they want to continue their schooling to pursue jobs like Government, Science or Medicine, or if they would rather learn skills pertaining to labor such as Woodworking, Mechanics or Permanent Soldering.]

((For Classified Actions, can we Private Message you?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2014, 07:10:03 pm »

Name of State: Sapiastan (Literally "Land of Humans")
Not sure if that's intentional or not but Sapiastan would translate as "Land of Wisdom" or "Land of the Wise". "Land of Humans" would be *snickers* Homostan.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2014, 07:44:47 pm »

Name of State: Sapiastan (Literally "Land of Humans")
Not sure if that's intentional or not but Sapiastan would translate as "Land of Wisdom" or "Land of the Wise". "Land of Humans" would be *snickers* Homostan.

Get that Commie nonsense outta' here! :P

Though yeah, I was aware of that, but the language used in Sapiastan is slightly different, due to generations of Human Supremacy, to the point where Sapience/Wisdom and Humans have become synonymous terms.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2014, 10:04:19 pm »

((Should we just assume all of our delegates got to the meeting safely? ))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2014, 10:13:34 pm »

((Probably, yeah. There aren't any crises like a large influx of bandits or mutants so my guess is it's status quo for now. Are the other cities' delegates still at River Hall? It's just a bit strange my delegate has yet to even be acknowledged.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2014, 10:34:06 pm »

Easy way to fix that. I hope this is acceptable.
----------------------

The door to the river hall bursts open, a large man entering like a water buffalo.

"PHEW! MADE IT! Howdy everyone, I'm da Talker from Terra Arma. Pleased to meet you!" He bellowed, walking around the table and shaking everyone's hands. Forcefully, if necessary. After successfully disrupting the talk, he sits down hard in a random chair and pulls out a weapon, raising it to the sky. "Terra Arma is now officially part of this meaning! What have y'all been talking about?" he states, setting his weapon down on the table in front of him with his hand still on it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:38:31 pm by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2014, 11:49:03 pm »

Rosalina shakes his hand. Rosalina Beirut, from Demestris. Pleased to meet you.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2014, 04:33:04 am »

External Affairs:

[The Senate offers fruit juice and beer to the Commonwealth of the Free Peoples in exchange for unmarked slaves and any texts they have.]

[The Commonwealth gladly accepts exchanging some of its more useless prisoners in exchange for beverages. Only non-scientific and non-useful texts are traded.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2014, 04:54:38 am »

((By useless does that mean lazy, old, sick, or crippled? I need to know if I should react. I encourage you to be honest here.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:01:56 am by Andres »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2014, 05:00:54 am »

((The ones that can't be reeducated, lazy, and those who would just generally be unwanted in a prison. We do NOT send sick men as slaves. Old and crippled? Maybe.))
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2014, 05:02:57 am »

((Eh, it's ok to cut the slave count with cripples a bit. It would've been unacceptable if the only slaves we got were armless, biting children.... maybe. On a completely unrelated note, Elves exist...
Also, do you think I'm correct in saying you only have borders adjacent to the West Plains and the North Ice Caps?))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:07:10 am by Andres »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2014, 05:06:43 am »

((I think so. And the slaves are mid-low level, basically.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2014, 05:09:33 am »

((For future reference, make sure the standards of slaves are better in future deals. You're only getting away with it now because you're also trading texts and we're trading frikkin' juice.))

[A caravan has left Demestris with 120 guards taken from the First Army and is headed to the Commonwealth of the Free Peoples. The head of the caravan is an Elf. With the caravan are 20 civilians and 30 pack animals. The caravan has 20 barrels of assorted fruit juices, 20 barrels of average beer, and rations for the men and animals. 1 barrel = 50 litres]

((Demestris and Terra Arma's River Hall delegates need to know what's currently being proposed. TBH I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what's going on there IRL.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:19:41 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33