Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: Great River Politics [11/20]  (Read 31506 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics [11/20]
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2014, 03:44:47 pm »

[The Great King asks both Sigylguard and the Council of Other what they would like in return for metal.]
[The Great King of Demestris invites delegates from the Council of Other to Demestris Library where they will be allowed to read the texts within. The standard price for foreigners wishing to enter the library of one text each is in effect. Great King Augustus also wishes to build a road connecting the two countries together, as well as negotiating for a Defensive Alliance, joint Military Access between each others lands during peace, and access to the Great River. The Great King himself will be there to receive them and join them in the library.]
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2014, 04:51:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Updated to include new player and sections. If you ended up using my old one, just go with that I didn't change anything.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2014, 04:54:55 pm »

((Sssshhhh
It's not drugs. It's spice. :P))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2014, 05:37:20 pm »

[Sigylguard accepts the offer from Demestris, shipping silver to Demestris in exchange for laborers and food. Sigylguard also grants Demestris access to the river, and also explains that they are willing to trade metal for old world tech, working or not.]

[Sigylguard begins constructing a complex, hidden deep in the mountain fortresses, to hold valuable old world technology in.]
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2014, 07:25:09 pm »

The Great Kingdom of Demestris

Demestris Library
On arriving at Demestris Library, the delegates from the Council of Other are greeting by a very fit young man with long hair of vaguely Middle Eastern descent. He is barefoot and wears plain white pants and what looks to be a form of toga but with proportions of somewhere between a tunic and a t-shirt. He waves the guards away and invites them inside the library. Inside, they talk diplomacy and trade, and are allowed to peruse the library's open sections at their pleasure for a few hours before they leave.

Diplomatic Interactions
[Due to the amount of time passed, the Great King RETRACTS the offer of a Defensive Alliance and Military Access given to the City of Norogoth.]
[The Senate informs Sigylguard that Demestris will no longer be able to sell them slaves. The reason cited is that recent events have made the slaves required. Food will still be traded however.]
[The Senate informs Sigylguard that Demestris that Demestris only has two pieces of old world technology. One of them is a personal belonging of a General and the other is one that Demestris would rather keep to herself.
[The Senate asks for non-military access to the Great River from the Council of Other.]
[Great King Augustus informs the Other delegates that a paper mill would be impossible since it requires trees to produce paper. The only trees available on this side of the Great River belongs to Sapiastan and Demestris would rather not get involved with them.] (Classified)
[The Great King accepts the terms from the Council of Other relating to the export of grain for metal.]
[The Senate asks what the Council of Other would want for building stone.]
[The Senate publicly announces the Defensive Alliance (but not the Military Access) between the Great Kingdom of Demestris and the Council of Other.

Trade
[The delegates from the Council of Other leaves Demestris attached to a caravan. The caravan is made up of 100 guards taken from the First Army. With the caravan are 40 civilians and 50 pack animals. The caravan carries 450 sacks of grain and rations for the men and animals. 1 sack = 10 kg]
[A caravan has left Demestris with 150 guards taken from the First Army and is headed to Sigylguard. With the caravan are 15 civilians and 20 pack animals. The caravan has 45 baskets of assorted foodstuffs and rations for the men and animals. 1 basket = 30 kg]

Industry
[The Senate sends all slaves to work on the road between Demestris and Other.]
[The scientists and engineers from the Council of Other are received. The Senate has them begin plans for a foundry, a general use metal factory, and an arms and armour factory.] (Classified except for the Council of Other)

Military Actions (Very classified)

River Hall Delegation
[Having introduced herself, Rosalina begins travelling back to Demestris on horseback with her entourage of guards.]

[A caravan has left Demestris with 120 guards taken from the First Army and is headed towards the Commonwealth of the Free Peoples. The head of the caravan is an Elf. With the caravan are 20 civilians and 30 pack animals. The caravan has 20 barrels of assorted fruit juices, 20 barrels of average beer, and rations for the men and animals. 1 barrel = 50 litres]
((I need your response, SabreToothTiger. The response should basically be what happens there and - since the exact terms were not discussed already - bartering. Keep in mind that the Demestrian doing the bartering will be an Elf so you can play the discrimination card if you want.))

[Send a delegate, even if uninvited, to the meeting. It shouldn't take too long to get him there.]
((All city-states are automatically invited to the River Hall Delegation, unless you're talking about that East Mountain Delegation.))

((Hey Cryxis? I kinda need a response on that whole interbreeding thing so I can start setting up the Great King with a wife/concubines.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:00:54 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:28 pm »

Spoiler: Economic actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Engineering actions (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2014, 09:14:13 pm »

Plans for the road are also formed, to be as level as possible, 40ft wide, and generally be similar to what the Romans did.
[The Senate agrees with the plans and is able to carry out with them (a picture book about the Romans was found during Great King Alexander's reign in relatively good condition with only a few pages damaged beyond comprehension) but requests that the road be slightly narrower at 12 metres (19 cm difference). Demestris hasn't officially used the 'old' system since the days of Great King Jonathan.]

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:24:24 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2014, 09:57:58 pm »

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:46:59 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2014, 10:34:12 pm »

EDIT: 3 metalworking facilities; DC20 each; d10: (1, 1) Zoning issues have hampered the planning stages and the senate's paper debate has further stalled a resolution.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:21:20 pm by Andres »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2014, 06:25:47 am »

Trade:

[Upon arrival, the elven delegates are treated the same way as the humans. You are offered 20 slaves and 10 books for these goods, as one slave per one hundred liters and one book per four barrels. You are offered some local food but you receive no water.]
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2014, 06:43:53 am »

[The food is politely declined and the lack of an offering of water is unnoticed as all the rations of both food and water required for the men and animals have already been brought. The caravan master agrees to trade 20 barrels of fruit juice and 20 barrels of beer in exchange for 16 slaves and 2 texts every trip. The caravan shall repeat the trip indefinitely until one of their respective governments decides to terminate the agreement.]

((I should have probably mentioned earlier that any 'texts' I mention don't have to be books. Comic books, picture books, and even some unique and useful pamphlets (example: the ones that explained how paper was made from wood) are accepted as 'texts'. This would've become apparent already if the whole interbreeding thing had been answered (it's relevant).))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:00:21 am by Andres »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2014, 06:52:31 am »

[The food is politely declined and the lack of an offering of water is unnoticed as all the rations of both food and water required for the men and animals have already been brought. The caravan master agrees to trade 20 barrels of fruit juice and 20 barrels of beer in exchange for 16 slaves and 2 texts every trip. The caravan shall repeat the trip indefinitely until one of their respective governments decides to terminate the agreement.]

((I should have probably mentioned earlier that any 'texts' I mention don't have to be book. Comic books, picture books, and even some unique and useful pamphlets (example: the ones that explained how paper was made from wood) are accepted as 'texts'. This would've become apparent already if the whole interbreeding thing had been answered (it's relevant).))
[The Commonwealth agrees to this terms. You are asked to sign a few official documents and are send on your way.]
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2014, 01:57:35 pm »

((Ah, sorry, I thought those where two different caravans, one for metals, the other for stone...))
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2014, 03:26:49 pm »

((They were two different caravans. One had 9 tons of fruit and meat in exchange for 3.6 tons of stone
and the other was 4.5 tons of grain in exchange for 2.25 tons of metal.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2014, 03:46:08 pm »

((9 tons? I only saw 900kg... How did I manage that...))
((Editing the action a few up...))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33