Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 53429 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [10/12]: Day 2 - The Wrong Crook, Caught
« Reply #330 on: July 09, 2014, 11:08:46 am »

I'm also suspicious of PTD/NQT as of:
- not pressing my bad answers (75)
- calculatory answer (post 89)
You do know I'm not PTD's replacement, right?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2014, 11:18:18 am »

TolyK:
Your first question is lazy and rather ridiculous.  Of course I'm a miller as claimed, there is no reason I would have claimed miller otherwise as a non-scum.
I launched randomvotes using random.org.  My apologies that this bothers you.

Hapah: Did anything happen to you last night that you know of?  Varee claimed that PTDFun targeted you.

PTDFun's Replacement: After thinking about it more, I've decided that PTDFun is the most likely of the players to be scum.  He was non-committal and vague throughout the entirety of day one and seemed to be staying away from any of the big points that moved the day to a Flabort lynch.  I know for a fact that he doesn't normally play like this, because he had no qualms voting me in a BM I played with him briefly.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2014, 11:20:39 am »

PFW

Yeah I think I said it in my first post of the day. I got blocked.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 09, 2014, 11:43:54 am »

Deathsword has replaced PTDfun a bit later than should have happened (essay...).

Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*TolyK - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Deathsword - notquitethere, 4maskwolf (2)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - EPenguin, Toaster, Varee (3)
Not Voting: Persus13, TolyK, Deathsword, MyOwnWorstEnemy, and Hapah

Day 2 ends 9:00 PM PST Wednesday, July 9th, or upon hammer (6 votes).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 09, 2014, 11:57:02 am »

Can we get a one day extension to allow Deathsword to catch up?  As is, he only has 12 hours.

Hapah: Thank you, I apparently missed that/overlooked it.

Deathsword: Do you have a roleblock?  Did you use it on Hapah?  Why do you think PTDFun did so?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 09, 2014, 11:57:51 am »

Day extended to 1:00 AM PST Friday, July 11th.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 09, 2014, 12:23:50 pm »

Alright, let's take a look at the three votes on me for a second:
Hmm... I'm inclined to say we lynch 4mask. Let's lay out the three strikes against you.

1. slips up about the win con, so people figure he's nontown.
2. claims overly convenient and powerful role: survivor miller, with doctor power and 1-shot vig! Don't cop me, I'll come up guilty. Don't lynch me, you need my abilities.
3. Changes his claim, because NQT counterclaims survivor. Still overly convenient role. A doctor miller that wins if he's nightkilled?

I don't see a scumteam leaving a claimed doctor alive, hoping for his lynch.

If 4mask were indeed, hoping for a nightkill, it would have been better to leave off the survivor miller part of his roleclaim. But he didn't. Because he intended to stick with the survivor claim.

4mask
EPenguin has the most legitimate and well-thought-out points against me, silly as they are.  However, this argument is full of holes:
a. He acts incredulous at my claimed role because it sounds silly.  "A doctor miller that wins if he's nightkilled?".  As if this is somehow a legitimate point.
b. He acts as though the scumteam wouldn't leave a doctor alive, as if there aren't more dangerous roles for them to worry about.  I have a fairly low chance of actually protecting the scumkill target, as shown by my failure last night.  On the other hand, a vigilante or roleblocker can severely handicap the scum.
c. He seems to think that me not wanting to reveal my true alignment and instead stick with a survivor claim is somehow scummy.  Yes, this is exactly what I was going to do, because I want to accomplish my wincon.  Unfortunately, NQT blew huge holes in that plan when he revealed that he was an actual survivor, which forced my hand because the odds of you all actually believing my fakeclaim after that were low, so I spilled the beans.

On Third Parties:  Nope.  I'm calling bullshit.  I don't believe there are three scum AND three third parties.  50% town players at the start?  No, I don't buy it.  In this case, I go with the person whose claim is the crappiest, and that's 4mask.
This is a really poor argument and you should know better, Toaster.  Your argument is "well, you fakeclaimed in an attempt to accomplish your wincon, and I don't think that Jack would give us the arrangement he did, so because of my personal opinions you are obviously scum".  Please come up with something better, scumbiscuit.

4mask: strat the day with the blame game, so either he has a wincon he want to complete or he really want rid of PTD, as i said am on PTDSide for this one4mask.
Started the day with a blame game?  The job of anyone who is not anti-town is to find the scum.  We do this with accusations.  And questions.  And logic.  If you have a problem with this, then find a different game to play, because in this game, WE MAKE ACCUSATIONS.  The fact that someone makes accusations is NOT logical grounds for a vote.  If you were anything but a first time player, I'd be calling you a lazy scum right now, but your claim corroborates what Hapah said and I have no reason to suspect Hapah at the moment.

I'll be extremely suspicious tomorrow if you refuse to change your vote today, because that would be two days in a row where you voted someone on nonexistent grounds and then stuck with the vote.  I'd call this SK behavior, not caring who gets lynched, but having an SK in a game with three scum, a lyncher, a survivor, and a martyr for 12 people stretches credulity to the extreme.  So unless NQT is a lying scum, you're not an SK, but you could still be scum.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 09, 2014, 03:00:12 pm »

I'm also suspicious of PTD/NQT as of:
- not pressing my bad answers (75)
- calculatory answer (post 89)
You do know I'm not PTD's replacement, right?
I'm sorry.
That was to PTD/Deathsword
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 09, 2014, 03:04:30 pm »

For context:
- 4mask, are you really a miller? I mean, really? If you are not scum, it is in the best of interests to say this truthfully
- 4mask randomvoted me when Toaster already had a "case" on me. - lazy
TolyK:
Your first question is lazy and rather ridiculous.  Of course I'm a miller as claimed, there is no reason I would have claimed miller otherwise as a non-scum.
I launched randomvotes using random.org.  My apologies that this bothers you.
No, it's not, really.

It, however, confirms a suspicion I had. Along with this.
PFW
Yeah I think I said it in my first post of the day. I got blocked.
This clears up a lot.

There's a chance I might be killed this night, so I'll say it now.

We have cops, and probably two. It'll be a good idea to post results tomorrow.
We have roleblockers and redirectors. Probably a total of 3.

If I live to tomorrow, I'll say why, otherwise ... :)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 09, 2014, 08:26:44 pm »

Varee:
Also i still feel the more you post the more people suspect you, which is something i still dont really understand and it seem counter productive to be posting a lot.

This indicates a problem with the content of your posts, not their volume.

Your read post has a lot of nulls and neutrals in it.  What are you doing to clear that up?

NQT:
Persus13, TolyK, Varee, MyOwnWorstEnemy, Hapah, y'all going to grace the game with a vote before the day ends?

Are you going to hold these people to task?  Especially the non-MOWE people, since she at least was voting for a bit.

Persus:
Extend. Right now I'm suspicious of 4maskwolf, but the lack of defenders on him by anyone except the very person who claimed and voiced his concerns about 4mask in the first place is concerning.

Could you expand on this?

Hapah:
Varee: You missed my request.

Why couldn't this have been a vote?

TolyK:
- 4mask randomvoted me when Toaster already had a "case" on me. - lazy

How is this lazy?  If it's a truly random vote, any other votes on you should be irrelevant.

Who do you suspect most right now?  I see you call people suspicious but not bother to vote them- why?

4mask:
This is a really poor argument and you should know better, Toaster.  Your argument is "well, you fakeclaimed in an attempt to accomplish your wincon, and I don't think that Jack would give us the arrangement he did, so because of my personal opinions you are obviously scum".  Please come up with something better, scumbiscuit.

Since when are personal opinions of your gameplay/the setup not valid reasons for a vote?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 09, 2014, 11:45:31 pm »

I'm wiped out.

Hapah:
S'not worth killing her over.

Tolyk: I'll be very interested to hear your explanation, that's a lotta info out of nowhere.

Quote from: 4mask
-snip-
....I'd be calling you a lazy scum right now, but your claim corroborates what Hapah said and I have no reason to suspect Hapah at the moment.
This might sound like a dumb question, but what did I say? I've no idea what you're talking about.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 09, 2014, 11:57:43 pm »

I'm wiped out.

Hapah:

Tolyk: I'll be very interested to hear your explanation, that's a lotta info out of nowhere.

Quote from: 4mask
-snip-
....I'd be calling you a lazy scum right now, but your claim corroborates what Hapah said and I have no reason to suspect Hapah at the moment.
This might sound like a dumb question, but what did I say? I've no idea what you're talking about.
You were roleblocked and Varee said he saw PTDFun target you. Thus, it is likely that Deathsword indeed had a roleblock.

Deathsword: do you, in fact, have a roleblock?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2014, 12:04:26 am »

Hapah:
Hapah:

So who is worth hanging?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 10, 2014, 01:01:19 am »

4mask
So what you are saying is if you are blaming and accusing other people it is a town thing to do but i i am blaming and accusing you i am not doing a good job?

What i am doing is almost exactly the same thing you are doing to PTD so stop blaming everyone but yourself.

Also my play style is my own if you dont like it then too bad,if you say i am scum because of my play style then i say you are scum because your play style

Not only one can play this game
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 10, 2014, 01:27:09 am »

Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*TolyK - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Deathsword - notquitethere, 4maskwolf (2)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - EPenguin, Toaster, Varee (3)
Not Voting: Persus13, TolyK, Deathsword, MyOwnWorstEnemy, and Hapah

Day 2 ends 1:00 AM PST Friday, July 11th (about 25 and a half hours from now), or upon hammer (6 votes).
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30