Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 53458 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [10/12]: Day 2 - The Wrong Crook, Caught
« Reply #255 on: July 03, 2014, 02:12:22 pm »

* Toaster takes shot
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 03, 2014, 02:14:22 pm »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 03, 2014, 02:15:22 pm »

Of Jack Daniels.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »

* Toaster takes shot
Oh dear.  I think I know where this will go:
DONT;C'F FUICKING VOTE TOLYK
TheWetShee[ is scum vote him
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 03, 2014, 03:02:13 pm »

PFW

Can we get a holiday extension until Monday?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 03, 2014, 03:09:51 pm »

Ah, right, America.

Sure, why not.

Day extended to Monday, July 7th, 9 PM PST.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 03, 2014, 03:41:15 pm »

I read my PM.

I'm a Survivor. Unless someone is an Assassin or Lyncher for me, or is an SK, killing me doesn't further anyone's wincons, so please don't do it. The last time I played a Survivor, mafia killed me at random. It was disappointing. So I'm trying outright claiming my wincon now. See if that helps. I'm still interested in killing serial killers, as are we all I'm sure.

I somewhat doubt there'd be a lyncher AND two survivors, Wolf, but maybe?

Anyone want me to answer some outstanding questions or anything?

Incidentally, when I was just casually reading the thread back before I joined, this struck me as a particularly bullshit vote:

Flabort, did you just slip scum with revive?

As obviously Flabort had made no such scumslip in being aware of how a revive worked.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 03, 2014, 03:56:06 pm »

I read my PM.

I'm a Survivor. Unless someone is an Assassin or Lyncher for me, or is an SK, killing me doesn't further anyone's wincons, so please don't do it. The last time I played a Survivor, mafia killed me at random. It was disappointing. So I'm trying outright claiming my wincon now. See if that helps. I'm still interested in killing serial killers, as are we all I'm sure.

I somewhat doubt there'd be a lyncher AND two survivors, Wolf, but maybe?

Anyone want me to answer some outstanding questions or anything?

Incidentally, when I was just casually reading the thread back before I joined, this struck me as a particularly bullshit vote:

Flabort, did you just slip scum with revive?

As obviously Flabort had made no such scumslip in being aware of how a revive worked.
Damn it people stop blowing my cover.

Alright, I'll admit it.

I'm not a survivor.

I was hoping that by claiming such a broad suite of powers last night (including a kill) I would suck the scumkill and accomplish my wincon.

I am a martyr.

I REALLY had hoped not to have to claim that, since now I can't accomplish my wincon, but it is necessary.  Because my strategy failed.  The scum obviously don't see me as enough of a threat to kill, so there is no way I can win now.

The only addition I made to my powers list was the kill, which is why I was glad nobody called me on that power.  Other than that, every power is accurate.

If we have a vigilante I would appreciate a nightkill, thanks.

I'm not sure whether or not to believe NQT's claim, but it doesn't matter.  I'm tired, I'm already angry at myself because of my job, so I'm not going to contest it.

Anyone else who has anything to say can say it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 03, 2014, 04:03:25 pm »

Jack's Simple BYOR: where 3rd parties compete to outclaim one another

It's a cute counterclaim Wolf, but if you were willing to lie outrageously once... you could still be a serial killer hoping no one's going to pity-kill you, so my vote is going to remain, but I expect others will want to focus on targets more likely to actually be scum.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 03, 2014, 04:06:12 pm »

Jack's Simple BYOR: where 3rd parties compete to outclaim one another

It's a cute counterclaim Wolf, but if you were willing to lie outrageously once... you could still be a serial killer hoping no one's going to pity-kill you, so my vote is going to remain, but I expect others will want to focus on targets more likely to actually be scum.
I'm not outclaiming.  I said I'd appreciate a kill, not that anyone should, because better targets are the scum.  There was only one kill last night, so unless you tried to NK EPenguin and are claiming survivor to cover your ass there isn't a serial killer.

p.s. For those of you who don't get the clearly hinted at thing, I protected penguin.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 03, 2014, 04:07:17 pm »

You know what's cute NQT?

Your paranoia.

Just saying.

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 03, 2014, 05:18:33 pm »

NQT
Lynching a Lyncher is a serious waste of a lynch: keep the guy around and if he ever does anything other than try and get MOWE lynched, you could kill him then for lying. He was a spent force. Killing actual scum would have been way more useful.

Claiming Survivor D1 is a sound policy as you'll want to minimise the risk of being selected for a lynch by scum.
Especially given that mafia players always tell the truth. And there was so many known scum we could have lynched too. Y'know you should just tell us all who to lynch from now on.

Also, its not a super big deal, given it was just 3 low content posts. But you're not supposed to post if you don't have a role pm. That breaks the whole point of the game: People judge your posts to determine your role. It's cheating to bypass that.

Toaster
Quote from: Toaster
EPenguin:  Do you regret your D1 vote of Flabort?
Is this a trick question?
If you mean, with what I knew then would I do it differently? Heck no. Flabort was the best lynch given the circumstances.
Do you mean, knowing that he was a lyncher, would I have still gone after him? That's trickier. I would have considered it given he's still nontown and we were running low on time. I don't think it would have been difficult to reverse the tide of votes and find good lynch target in so short a time frame. If I we're supposing, I knew Flabort was a lyncher and 4mask has already claimed survivor, then I would push for the lynch to swing over to 4mask.

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 03, 2014, 05:29:35 pm »

Hmm... I'm inclined to say we lynch 4mask. Let's lay out the three strikes against you.

1. slips up about the win con, so people figure he's nontown.
2. claims overly convenient and powerful role: survivor miller, with doctor power and 1-shot vig! Don't cop me, I'll come up guilty. Don't lynch me, you need my abilities.
3. Changes his claim, because NQT counterclaims survivor. Still overly convenient role. A doctor miller that wins if he's nightkilled?

I don't see a scumteam leaving a claimed doctor alive, hoping for his lynch.

If 4mask were indeed, hoping for a nightkill, it would have been better to leave off the survivor miller part of his roleclaim. But he didn't. Because he intended to stick with the survivor claim.

4mask

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 03, 2014, 06:54:44 pm »

@toaster
How would not changing my pick as there were no good reason to do so make it so that i wont find the mafia?
Just about anyone else agree that flabort was a logical pick.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 03, 2014, 07:41:48 pm »

I'll post in a bit, pfp right now, but Jack: Can a randomized scumkill target a member of the scum team?
Where did this come from?

Persus13: Why did you hammer instead of letting the day end (with more time to question flabort)?
Accident. This is one of the first games I've played with hammers (where it was important, at least)

Lynching a Lyncher is a serious waste of a lynch: keep the guy around and if he ever does anything other than try and get MOWE lynched, you could kill him then for lying. He was a spent force. Killing actual scum would have been way more useful.
I voted for his lynch because he blocks the town wincon by existing, so his lynch benefits the town and gets me that much closer to my wincon.

Everyone else who voted Flabort: explain your reasoning for doing so.
Flabort wincon was different and incompatible with my wincon, and as I had little else to go on and no one was pressing an alternative lynch I would agree with, so I decided to vote flabort.

@maskwolf[\b]
I already stated that flabort was my d1random pick and i dont have any reason to change my pick.
You randomly voted Flabort? Why?

Persus:  Why did you intentionally curtail D1 discussion by dropping the hammer?
I think it's fairly obvious that my vote hammer was unintentional. Can you actually answer 4maskwolf's question?

Hmm... I'm inclined to say we lynch 4mask. Let's lay out the three strikes against you.

1. slips up about the win con, so people figure he's nontown.
2. claims overly convenient and powerful role: survivor miller, with doctor power and 1-shot vig! Don't cop me, I'll come up guilty. Don't lynch me, you need my abilities.
3. Changes his claim, because NQT counterclaims survivor. Still overly convenient role. A doctor miller that wins if he's nightkilled?

I don't see a scumteam leaving a claimed doctor alive, hoping for his lynch.

If 4mask were indeed, hoping for a nightkill, it would have been better to leave off the survivor miller part of his roleclaim. But he didn't. Because he intended to stick with the survivor claim.
This post raises a lot of good points. Also, the fact that 4maskwolf is a doctor miller seems overly balanced against scum. However, I'd like to see more content from you that isn't directed towards 4maskwolf

4maskwolf: Didn't you claim in a previous game that you would claim miller D1 start if you had it?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30