Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 53413 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [10/12]: Day 2 - The Wrong Crook, Caught
« Reply #315 on: July 07, 2014, 01:00:20 pm »

Varee: I did not "start off the day with the blame game".  I only attacked PTDFun because something was off about him: in fact, I launched no attacks at the start of the day.  I am perfectly entitled to my vote and my attacks.  If you had been around longer, you would see that there was reason behind my attack, even if you didn't agree with the validity of it.

This is extremely lazy play, Varee.  You've been dropping scumtells left and right but up until now I've been ignoring them because you are new.  The first day is now over, though, so the gloves are off as far as I am concerned.  My main concern right now is not to be lynched, because that causes me to lose immediately, so yes, in an extremely roundabout way, attacking PTDFun was trying to accomplish my wincon.

PTDfun

• Bay Watcher
  • Blob...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 07, 2014, 03:30:21 pm »

extend
I got sick last Tuesday with a cold. It's not gone yet. I also moved last week (on short notice), and now I'm looking for a new job. (Lot's a shit all at once.) Anyway, it's been fun, but I need a replacement.
Wand of Not Touching - The target thinks they have been poked. Range of one cm.
I want one of these.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 07, 2014, 03:36:20 pm »

Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*TolyK - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - 4maskwolf (1)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*PTDfun - notquitethere (1)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - EPenguin, Toaster, Varee (3)
Not Voting: Persus13, TolyK, PTDfun, MyOwnWorstEnemy, and Hapah

Extension Requests (6): TolyK, 4maskwolf, Varee, Hapah, MyOwnWorstEnemy, PTDfun
Extension Opposition (1): notquitethere

Shorten Requests (1): notquitethere

Day 2 ends 9:00 PM PST Monday, July 7th, or upon hammer (6 votes).  6 votes (net) are required to extend.

No extension yet, due to notquitethere's opposition.

PTDfun has requested a replacement.  I have contacted SilverDragon, but Silver has been having internet issues.  I'll put a general replacement request out in case SilverDragon cannot play.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 03:38:14 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have received an offer from Deathsword.  If I don't get a response from SilverDragon by 1:30 PM PST tomorrow, Deathsword will take PTD's place.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Extend. Right now I'm suspicious of 4maskwolf, but the lack of defenders on him by anyone except the very person who claimed and voiced his concerns about 4mask in the first place is concerning.

Also, 4mask. If you are going to press a lynch case on someone. Actually bring up evidence. Saying they are "dropping lots of scumtells" means nothing without context, especially since no one has tried to vote Varee. Point out a few of those scumtells, please.

Persus[/b]
4maskwolf: Didn't you claim in a previous game that you would claim miller D1 start if you had it?
Can you find this? Also, I believe my question concerning your role is still outstanding.
I thought I had answered you're question with something like, I didn't know what to expect, but I am pleased with what I got. I can't really answer your question more then that.
Oh, and my role is not a passive one. I have a night action.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, 4mask. If you are going to press a lynch case on someone. Actually bring up evidence. Saying they are "dropping lots of scumtells" means nothing without context, especially since no one has tried to vote Varee. Point out a few of those scumtells, please.
Apparently someone isn't reading either my case against PTDFun or any of the things Varee has said.

I'll point out specifics when I'm not at work.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 07, 2014, 08:51:01 pm »

Varee: You missed my request.

MOWE:
-snip-
4mask: Obviously third party; I'm not sure which one of his claims is correct, although I think that he's lied once, he can do so again quite easily. He now claims he doesn't have the kill he initially claimed. Not sure if he is to be believed though. Unless I find a bigger threat, 4mask.                                       
How do you intend to find bigger threats if you only post read lists? Do you have any questions for anyone?

NQT
I'm with Wolf on this MOWE: I'm sure there's a profusion of town-aligned killing powers: anyone unsure about
Wolf can follow his lead and off him tonight.
What do you make of the fact that there was only 1 kill in the night?

PTD: Take it easy!

Persus:
Persus[/b]
4maskwolf: Didn't you claim in a previous game that you would claim miller D1 start if you had it?
Can you find this? Also, I believe my question concerning your role is still outstanding.
I thought I had answered you're question with something like, I didn't know what to expect, but I am pleased with what I got. I can't really answer your question more then that.
Oh, and my role is not a passive one. I have a night action.
I apologize if I am unclear, but that still doesn't answer the question. I'm not asking if you're happy with your role, or if you have active abilities or not. I'm just asking if you can reasonably determine where Jack pulled your abilities from. The question is because you are one of the more experienced players in the game (and so are more likely to pull off a convincing fakeclaim), and one of my own abilities was so far out of left field I had to re-open the article to figure out where the hell Jack got the info from. I asked the same question of NQT, and his response was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Can you take another stab at it?

Also, you missed the bolded portion of my question. Can you find it? "No" is an acceptable answer, y'know.

C'mon, folks. I'm buried until 4 tons of work and I'm still pushing more content than half of you!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 07, 2014, 10:25:34 pm »

Day has been extended to 9 PM PST Wednesday, July 9th.

No more extensions today.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 07, 2014, 10:29:55 pm »

NQT
EP
I'm entirely new to this forum, but I am an experienced mafia player. I enjoy running, playing videogames, and lynching scumbags.
Where did you mostly play before?
I went over this. I'm from the WotC forums. Their mafia section is no more. It was called Paranoia Paradise.

Varee
Also i still feel the more you post the more people suspect you, which is something i still dont really understand and it seem counter productive to be posting a lot.
It is true that the more posts you make, the easier it is for people to find something they don't like and pressure you about. But that's not really a concern if younn you. Because its not there. Yeah, you'll make mistakes, people will misunderstand you, or yada yada yada. But the potential risks of not posting are worse. People will not be able to read you, and you won't be able to help the town proactively either.

Hapah
EPenguin: How would you play as a Martyr?
There's something I should have brought up earlier. I've almost always seen Martyr refer to an entirely different role than the one 4mask claimed. Its a player that can target someone each night, and dies in the place of their target if they would be nightkilled. I don't know what your conventions are like here, but that incongruity makes me further question the integrity of 4mask's claim.

Assuming we are talking about a role that wins if nightkilled, play gets tricky. I would try to play very protown the first day, and then find a good reason to claim a beleivable town role 2nd day. Beyond that, I don't really know. I would definitely not claim survivor though. Two reasons, (1) Towns will lynch survivor claims. Because other scum will hide behind survivor claims. (2) Mafia in LyLo can benefit from the survivor being around. (a) Town lynches survivor claim in Lylo. (b) survivor helps scum lynch town in LyLo.

MOWE
EPenguin: New player who seems to be learning quickly; has been hunting nicely; town lean.
I'm new to this forum. I am not new to this game. I'm not "learning quickly". I've played easily 30+ games of mafia.

I know this post ain't much, but its late and im going to bed. I'm still gung ho about a 4mask lynch. I'll try to do something more proactive than just answering questions tomorrow.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 08, 2014, 09:23:40 am »

damn server error is getting to me....
Ok 4mask you definitely blame PTD for being scum, you cant really deny that.
Last night PTD was with Hapah, that is the info i got last night. Is this the kind of thing you want from me Hapah? Want to share what you did together?

Back to 4mask
Spoiler: snip (click to show/hide)

What you are saying is
1 Not voting is a scum tell.... but you also tell me that random voting is scummy so well I don't really know, it not a major point
2 you are suspecting him because he said"am as vanilla as this game gets"? well i wont argue that it is not weird but it definitely not pointing in the way you are trying to make it sound like.
3 Then you keep accuse him of being scum because he ignore your question, well it definitely not a good thing to do but it still not any solid reason for you to hate him just cause he ignored you. you could only have remind him.

Well let look back to you, you made some excuse about not reading the pm and misstated the town wincon and blame people who is not really doing much, well it is kind of weird that he did do a night action but nothing after that well maybe it is because he was sick but who knows?

MOWE
sorry that i misrepresent you as a male, i was not really paying attention i guess......

well the server error is killing me having to check post and stuff but i hope i made my point.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2014, 09:38:08 am »

Hapah
What do you make of the fact that there was only 1 kill in the night?
Towbn vigs don't always kill every night and also people may have limited-shot kill powers, roleblocks and protects are quite possible.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 08, 2014, 10:20:26 am »

damn server error is getting to me....
Ok 4mask you definitely blame PTD for being scum, you cant really deny that.
Last night PTD was with Hapah, that is the info i got last night. Is this the kind of thing you want from me Hapah? Want to share what you did together?

Back to 4mask
Spoiler: snip (click to show/hide)

What you are saying is
1 Not voting is a scum tell.... but you also tell me that random voting is scummy so well I don't really know, it not a major point
2 you are suspecting him because he said"am as vanilla as this game gets"? well i wont argue that it is not weird but it definitely not pointing in the way you are trying to make it sound like.
3 Then you keep accuse him of being scum because he ignore your question, well it definitely not a good thing to do but it still not any solid reason for you to hate him just cause he ignored you. you could only have remind him.

Well let look back to you, you made some excuse about not reading the pm and misstated the town wincon and blame people who is not really doing much, well it is kind of weird that he did do a night action but nothing after that well maybe it is because he was sick but who knows?

MOWE
sorry that i misrepresent you as a male, i was not really paying attention i guess......

well the server error is killing me having to check post and stuff but i hope i made my point.
Varee, the entire point of the game is to find the scum.  However, this is an interesting development: he targeted Hapah?

Hapah, can you confirm if anything happened to you last night?

Also, Varee: I ask him to defend himself, not call him scum for "not answering a question".  My vote came on the heels of all of the evidence.  Random votes are not necesarily scummy, but being unwilling to change them is.  Substantiated votes are the only kind of not-scummy votes past day one.

Unvote for the moment, I want to see how this whole targeting thing develops.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 08, 2014, 01:31:42 pm »

EPenguin: Sorry... I forgot...

Varee: You didn't answer my question.

Hapah: I'm attempting to think of questions for people. Although it's kinda hard to read though stuff when I keep getting fifteen error messages every time I try to load a page.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2014, 10:13:51 am »

MOWE
It might not be clear but i only say that because i cant really place you on either side
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 09, 2014, 10:53:54 am »

I'm sorry about being busy this time of month, but I'm trying to get into (the equivalent of) college. D:

Several things I've noticed while reading through:
- 4mask, are you really a miller? I mean, really? If you are not scum, it is in the best of interests to say this truthfully
- 4mask randomvoted me when Toaster already had a "case" on me. - lazy

I'm also suspicious of PTD/NQT as of:
- not pressing my bad answers (75)
- calculatory answer (post 89)

Also:
* Toaster takes shot
Oh dear.  I think I know where this will go:
DONT;C'F FUICKING VOTE TOLYK
TheWetShee[ is scum vote him

Oh, you.
This made me lol. A lot.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30