Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 53467 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [10/12]: Day 2 - The Wrong Crook, Caught
« Reply #285 on: July 04, 2014, 01:02:04 pm »

Hapah:
Toaster
Anyway, that hammer was stupid.  4mask, the survivor, claimed a kill; we should have forced him to use it on the lyncher on threat of death.
Nothing stopping us from extending that same threat today, is there? (PPE: Wait he claims he doesn't actually have the kill.)

That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw NQT's claim.

On Third Parties:  Nope.  I'm calling bullshit.  I don't believe there are three scum AND three third parties.  50% town players at the start?  No, I don't buy it.  In this case, I go with the person whose claim is the crappiest, and that's 4mask.
I agree that the balance would be a bit screwy, but it does beg the question: would a 4mask with any scum team guidance barf up a fakeclaim when someone else's head was on the block at L-1? That would be a very unorthodox move for scum.

Maybe.

It's possible that he was panicking into scumchat, and a suggestion was floated to fakeclaim something innocuous like that.  The timing's a bit odd, but I don't see it as too unlikely (since he's correct that he would have been the next target after Flabort.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 04, 2014, 01:25:36 pm »

Hapah
Yes, please! I asked Toaster/Persus/Ottofar a question here, with clarification here. Would you mind answering?
Sure. The role powers are based on an obvious and integral part of the topic Ottofar sent in.

Wolf, I appreciated the vote of confidence; if you come up with some scum picks I'd be more inclined to believe you benign.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 04, 2014, 01:36:33 pm »

Everyone: please post your reads.  I'll give you mine.
Persus13: Hasn't posted enough, null read.
TolyK: Still a null read.
notquitethere: Read is irrelevant.  I believe his third-party claim.
Varee: Doesn't seem to be picking up on the Bay12 meta, but something about the way he is acting bugs me.  I'll reread his posts and say if I can figure out what it is.  Slight scum.
Toaster: Slight scum for bandwagoning and ignoring my question about strengths of claims.  Jumps on lynching me because he's trying to outguess the mod.
MOWE: Probably town because she had a lyncher gunning for her, so town lean.
PTDFun: Like with Varee, there is something bothering me about his posts.  I'll get back to you if I find anything. Slight scum.
EPenguin: Fairly strong play, slight town read.  Nothing screams "townie", but nothing screams "scum" either.  Protected this person last night.
Hapah: Neutral read, nothing really sways me either way.

PPE:
Vote of confidence, sure.  I guess.  Whatevs.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 04, 2014, 02:19:14 pm »

Reading back through the things that have been said by PTDFun, I finally figured out what was bothering me.

He refuses to take a stand.

Here's his first post.  Fairly solid, but notice one thing: no random vote.  This isn't a big deal in isolation, but it's the start of his lack of stands on any issue.

Here's his second post.  Once more, no vote.  Again, not a big deal in isolation, but that's two posts without him actually voting, even a RVS vote.

Ah, finally, a vote.  Good, we've been waiting for one for... hang on, what kind of question is that?

Oh, and here's another thing that bugs me, particularly with the setup of players in the game right now.  In this post, he says "I'm as vanilla as this game gets".  Now, let's think about this for a minute.  There are three scum in this game, and everyone seems to agree there are at least two third parties, one of which was confirmed anti-town.  This would imply that, for the sake of balance, the scumteam is fairly weak, and in a game like this that means having fewer powers than everyone else.  Thus, him claiming this makes me suspicious.

Here's his fifth post.  Rather than actually pursue any cases he decides to ask Ottofar to answer his silly PB&J question.

Ah, a reads post, at least here we get to see him...  And there's nothing here.  He neutral/null reads EVERYONE except Ottofar for lurking and a wishy-washy thing about Toaster's vote on TolyK.

His next post.  Tries to defend asking Ottofar a question about PB&J.

Nothing of interest here.

Here's his next post.  Despite there being a direct mistake by Flabort and me at the time which culminated in Flabort being lynched, he ignores that entire discussion and for the second time tells the story of his first game of mafia.

Goes after Jiokuy on some grounds or another, but still  no vote except his RVS on Ottofar.  Also does not address current points against either Flabort or myself.

Asks one question.  Excusable seeing as how he is sick, but still no effing vote.

And now he hasn't posted since that last post.  He has yet to take a stand on anything, yet to even really address any major attacks, and all in all just seems to be avoiding the spotlight.

So, PTDFun, what say you?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 04, 2014, 07:30:50 pm »

4mask:
Toaster: Slight scum for bandwagoning and ignoring my question about strengths of claims.  Jumps on lynching me because he's trying to outguess the mod.

What question?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 04, 2014, 07:37:42 pm »

On Third Parties:  Nope.  I'm calling bullshit.  I don't believe there are three scum AND three third parties.  50% town players at the start?  No, I don't buy it.  In this case, I go with the person whose claim is the crappiest, and that's 4mask.
And how is NQT's claim stronger than mine, out of curiosity?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 04, 2014, 08:20:32 pm »

Not ignoring, just missed it.

*points at GBU mafia*
50% town right there.
And how is NQT's claim stronger than mine, out of curiosity?

GBU was also a structured gametype with the setup stated going in.  Not an apt comparison.

Yours is weaker because you changed it, especially since it was after you got (essentially) counterclaimed.  You also lied about an ability.  I'm not sure why this needed detailing.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 04, 2014, 10:52:17 pm »

I'll post my reads tomorrow. I don't have the brainpower to comb through this thread again to form them at present.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 04, 2014, 11:02:08 pm »

Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*TolyK - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*PTDfun - 4maskwolf (1)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - notquitethere, EPenguin, Toaster (3)
Not Voting: Persus13, TolyK, Varee, MyOwnWorstEnemy, PTDfun, and Hapah

Day 2 ends 9:00 PM PST Monday, July 7th, or upon hammer (6 votes).  6 votes are required to extend.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 05, 2014, 12:15:15 pm »

It's possible that he was panicking into scumchat, and a suggestion was floated to fakeclaim something innocuous like that.  The timing's a bit odd, but I don't see it as too unlikely (since he's correct that he would have been the next target after Flabort.)
Yours is weaker because you changed it, especially since it was after you got (essentially) counterclaimed.  You also lied about an ability.  I'm not sure why this needed detailing.
I'm not entirely sure why playing to my wincon is a bad thing, but okay.

(Hint: my wincon does not involve me getting lynched)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 05, 2014, 12:50:17 pm »

Pfp

PTDFun and others haven't used their vote yet. More likely to be scum than fakeclaiming Wolf. Someone can be a pal and kill Wolf in the night and resolve that one way or the other.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 05, 2014, 09:12:26 pm »

"And others?"

Are you referring to all six people not voting right now?  How many scum are you looking for?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2014, 12:56:39 am »

Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*TolyK - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*PTDfun - 4maskwolf, notquitethere (2)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - EPenguin, Toaster (2)
Not Voting: Persus13, TolyK, Varee, MyOwnWorstEnemy, PTDfun, and Hapah

Day 2 ends 9:00 PM PST Monday, July 7th, or upon hammer (6 votes).  6 votes are required to extend.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 06, 2014, 09:24:52 am »

Hell. Happy belated July 3rd and 4th.
Extend please.

Be back in a little bit, I hope.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 06, 2014, 09:35:27 am »

Well i will post my full read tomorrow but i think that comparing wolf and ptd , i feel wolf is a better choice as ptd still havent do much in term of suspicious activity while wolf is playing the blame game full steam.

Also i still feel the more you post the more people suspect you, which is something i still dont really understand and it seem counter productive to be posting a lot.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30