Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)  (Read 41079 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D1)
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2014, 10:02:45 pm »

D1 has ended. D2 will begin shortly.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2014, 10:12:56 pm »

D1 has ended. DarkPaladin109 is up for lynching.

Votecount:
1. Elephant Parade {0}-
2. Tawarochir {0}-
3. GreatWyrmGold {1}- Tawarochir
4. Darkpaladin109 {3}- tn5421, TheDarkStar, Scripten
5. Scriptin {0}-
6. tn5421 {1}-GWG
7. TheDarkStar (IC) {0}-

After a long day of prayer and discussion, the Cardinals select the one known as the Dark Paladin for exorcism. The violent procedures begin to cast out the demon. However, nothing happens, and it appears that the Dark Paladin is gravely injured by the exorcism procedure. He is carried out of the room to receive medical attention. One cardinal, The Dark Star, notices and grabs the books the unfortunate cardinal had brought with him. All dealt with the placement of wards to fend off demons.

DarkPaladin109 has been lynched. DarkPaladin109 was the Town Doctor.

The morning after, the cardinals meet in the locked room again, and discover one of their number is missing. A servant comes with grave news. DarkPaladin died of his injuries from the exorcism, and this morning, the most senior of the cardinals, TheDarkStar, had been found dead, parts of his body had been scattered across his room. It appears the demons have struck again. However, a small journal, detailing how best to find demons, was found in his room.

TheDarkStar has died in the night. TheDarkStar was Vanilla Town

TheDarkStar can continue to give general Mafia advice, but is no longer considered an actual player.

D2 has begun and will end Tuesday, May 13 at 11:00 PM EST.

Votecount:
1. Elephant Parade {0}-
2. Tawarochir {0}-
3. GreatWyrmGold {0}-
4. Scriptin {0}-
5. tn5421 {0}-
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2014, 10:14:47 pm »

I'm dead Day 2. Again. Well, I guess I'll keep ICing.

If you are a power role, you should claim it if you are about to be lynched to not waste it.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2014, 10:19:45 pm »

I'm dead Day 2. Again. Well, I guess I'll keep ICing.

If you are a power role, you should claim it if you are about to be lynched to not waste it.
Unfortunately, Darkpaladin hasn't been active since ~3:30 default forum time.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2014, 10:23:06 pm »

Also, we are at LYLO. Please be active.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D1)
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2014, 10:41:29 pm »

Perfect timing there. I couldn't post the post I was halfway through making.

This mafia game is set up differently from the usual in that it's faster with less players, so power roles have a much smaller effect. For a very different kind of game, play a role-heavy one like Paranormal or one of the games that has massive rule changes.
I fail to see how larger player counts or any of that would change the fundamental nature of the game.

You found the votes, went over them, and posted this in one minute? Interesting.
Alternatively, he remembered the votes.

Also, we are at LYLO. Please be active.
LYLO? Did you miss the "Beginner's" in the title?

Hey, where's that idiot who said that lynching a townsperson wouldn't really affect the town's chance of winning?

"This is a terrible tragedy, but we must move on. We must continue to investigate...
"We must pursue our inquiries. How can Man be saved from sin and Hell?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2014, 10:46:31 pm »

LYLO? Did you miss the "Beginner's" in the title?
Oops, sorry. LYLO stands for Lynch or Lose. Since there are five players and two mafia members, a tie or mislynch will result in a loss for town.

Hey, where's that idiot who said that lynching a townsperson wouldn't really affect the town's chance of winning?
That's not what I said. I said that focusing on scumhunting is more important than defending yourself, which is generally true. Not when you're the doctor and about to be lynched, obviously, but no (well, non-blatantly obvious, anyway) mafia advice is accurate 100% of the time.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2014, 11:00:41 pm »

Well, since we're done with day one, I suppose I'll make a list of where I figure people stand.

Elephant Parade: You seem to be the most active right now. However, your post about the mafia killing you to frame me is a little suspicious. Were you trying to use that as a cover for night-killing TheDarkStar and framing me?

Tawarochir: Your idleness at the start of the game was suspicious, and you haven't posted much since asking GWG what he thought about the game. There's less chance of you having a critical role since darkpaladin109 was the doctor, so why haven't you said much?

GreatWyrmGold: You like to argue, and our discussion about darkpaladin's reaction to the initial vote never seemed to go anywhere. You've also made it clear that you don't like the idea of playing for the team. Still, I think you're town. Who do you think the mafia is?

tn5421: I'm getting a feeling that you've been posting more for the sake of posting rather than scumhunting. The only thing you've seemed to have done is convince darkpaladin not to defend himself as he was about to get lynched. Perhaps some explanation as to your methods is in order here? I'd like to know where you stand with regard to the rest of us.

Oh, and to answer TheDarkStar's final question, I waited to vote on darkpaladin because I was giving him time to come back and say something. He was really quiet after the initial bout between him and tn5421. Now it's obvious that he was protecting himself by laying low, but at that point in time, I thought his sudden change in behavior to be suspicious.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2014, 11:18:59 pm »

Elephant Parade: You seem to be the most active right now. However, your post about the mafia killing you to frame me is a little suspicious. Were you trying to use that as a cover for night-killing TheDarkStar and framing me?
...No? That's not a very open-ended question, you know. How did you expect me to respond?

It was partially a joke, and partially so that if I did get killed by the mafia, people would be less likely to immediately lynch you. I think you're scum, but I don't think you would lynch me as scum. However, there was a chance that people newer to mafia might just think that you killed me.

Unfortunately, the person killed was TDS. This doesn't tell us much; he was the IC, so anyone would've had a good reason to kill him. I'm sure that something could be read from it, though. I'll look over things in a bit.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2014, 08:52:08 am »

How did I convince him not to defend himself?

Regarding scumhunting, the day1 lynch and night 1 nightkill are worth more than 10 pages of content.  Generally people that lie or are evasive are more likely to be scum than forthright people.
Darkpaladin109: Incorrect.  We can look at the setup.  2 scum vs 5 town.  Town has a Doctor and a Macho Cop.  We cannot rely on the Doctor to protect the Cop while he investigates people.  The Cop is one of the lynchpin players.  He gets investigation results each night. 
This setup attempts to balance one of the C9 setups from ms.net by adding the Macho modifier to the cop, to prevent the gamebreaking combo of unkillable cop / hidden doctor without resorting to adding a Scum Rolecop as seen in F11, since that didn't work either.

@GreatWyrmGold: He said that roleplay is not required, not that it isn't allowed.  It's also RVS still so relax.
Have you ever heard of RVS?  It means to vote people for random reasons to get discussion going.  And if you're getting mad at me for talking about the setup, get over it.

This is the closest thing I can find that might be relevant, but I don't see how I convinced him not to defend himself.
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2014, 08:59:08 am »

I didn't think I needed to do anything else, because I was fairly convinced that DarkPaladin was scum because he went afk and never addressed our concerns about him.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2014, 11:19:07 am »

My bad. I should have used the word "accomplished" rather than "done." :P 'Twas more a joke than anything, with regard to the fact that after your... encounter, darkpaladin didn't really say anything at all. Still, I'd like to know where you stand now with regard to the rest of us. You haven't said much about anyone other than darkpaladin109, whom we now know was town.

Elephant Parade: Fair enough. I wanted to put that possibility out there before moving on. However, I have to say that I'm more than a little convinced that Tawarochir is scum. He's been practically silent, save for a short explanation and a single post during RVS.

Unvote Elephant Parade
Vote Tawarochir

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2014, 01:49:14 pm »

My bad. I should have used the word "accomplished" rather than "done." :P 'Twas more a joke than anything, with regard to the fact that after your... encounter, darkpaladin didn't really say anything at all. Still, I'd like to know where you stand now with regard to the rest of us. You haven't said much about anyone other than darkpaladin109, whom we now know was town.

Elephant Parade: Fair enough. I wanted to put that possibility out there before moving on. However, I have to say that I'm more than a little convinced that Tawarochir is scum. He's been practically silent, save for a short explanation and a single post during RVS.

Unvote Elephant Parade
Vote Tawarochir

You should probably ask a question, as well.

Tawarochrir: This is Sprint. You need to ask lots of questions. Why haven't you been more active? What do you think of the roleflips so far?

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2014, 02:03:02 pm »

I'm re-evaluating my reads; I was dangerously wrong about DP109.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2014, 02:40:33 pm »

Unvote Elephant Parade
Vote Tawarochir

Scripten: Going after lurkers is a scumtell, you know. Pressure voting them is fine, obviously, but as I said before, you didn't ask a question. You're supposed to give people a chance to defend themselves, after all.

Also, in response to the thing directed at me which I didn't notice until now because you didn't phrase it as a question: I'll give my reads. I don't have much, though. There hasn't been much activity.

Scripten: Scummy voting patterns, doesn't ask enough questions. Leaning scum, but possibly just new.
GWG: No read, unfortunately. Leaning town, maybe?
tn5421: Null read. Seems kinda scummy for some reason.
Tawochir: Null read. I think he just has a short attention span, but he might be trying to lurk his way to victory.

Perseus: Could you bump Tawochir, please? He claimed earlier that he forgot about the thread. Tell him to bookmark this thread's "new posts" link or something.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18