Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)  (Read 41098 times)

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
Re: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2014, 03:05:38 pm »

I feel that scumteams are most likely one of the following
Elephant/Tawarochir, Scripten/Tawarochir, Elephant/Scripten. 

My list looks a little like this:

Most Scummy
Elephant
Tawarochir
Scripten
~~~~~~~~
GWG
Myself
Least Scummy

@GWG: If the lynch had not been on the town doctor, there is a chance the scum kill would have been blocked.
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2014, 05:19:41 pm »

Scripten: Going after lurkers is a scumtell, you know. Pressure voting them is fine, obviously, but as I said before, you didn't ask a question. You're supposed to give people a chance to defend themselves, after all.

Also, in response to the thing directed at me which I didn't notice until now because you didn't phrase it as a question: I'll give my reads. I don't have much, though. There hasn't been much activity.

I thought that idleness and evasiveness were the most prominent scumtells. If I'm wrong, then what do you think are the best scumtells after the first night's conclusion? Moreover, in this case, I haven't seen Tawarochir ask or answer much all game. Beyond that, he hasn't responded to a question I'd already asked, so do I need to keep asking questions every time I post?

Also, the request for reads was actually directed at tn5421, sorry. He had not actually answered me at that point, so I was bringing it up again. I'm curious as to what he sees everyone doing up to now. I will try to be more clear from now on.

tn5421: Could you explain your reasoning a little more? I would like to know why you believe everyone to be where they are on your list. More specifically, are we in order of most to least scummy, or are you just classifying yourself and GWG on the not-scummy side, and the rest of us as potential scum?

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2014, 05:22:36 pm »

That was a most to least scummy list, as i thought was obvious by actually including 'most scummy' and 'least scummy' in the list.

I'm about to eat but I'll follow up this post with an explanation.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2014, 05:39:33 pm »

Okay. Wasn't sure since you'd placed a line between two names.

GWG: You haven't really said anything of note since day 2 began. Where do you think each of us stand?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2014, 06:58:36 pm »

GreatWyrmGold: You like to argue, and our discussion about darkpaladin's reaction to the initial vote never seemed to go anywhere. You've also made it clear that you don't like the idea of playing for the team. Still, I think you're town. Who do you think the mafia is?
I don't mind playing for the team. I mind people saying that pointless death is perfectly okay.
GWG: You haven't really said anything of note since day 2 began. Where do you think each of us stand?
I don't know. I would have thought darkpaladin, since he had reason to dislike TheDarkStar, but...he's not.
And you know what? I'm increasingly content to not know.

Elephant Parade: You seem to be the most active right now. However, your post about the mafia killing you to frame me is a little suspicious. Were you trying to use that as a cover for night-killing TheDarkStar and framing me?
...No? That's not a very open-ended question, you know. How did you expect me to respond?
It's a rhetorical question.

@GWG: If the lynch had not been on the town doctor, there is a chance the scum kill would have been blocked.
My point.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2014, 07:01:22 pm »

It's a rhetorical question.
If you put someone's name in bold, it means you're trying to get their attention. When you do that, you're generally expected to ask them a question, since it's not very nice to waste someone's time.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2014, 07:14:21 pm »

Elephant Parade: I'll admit that I may not have phrased the question perfectly, but you did respond in enough capacity to justify asking it. What makes you feel like tn5421 is scum? He's the only one other than myself you seem to suspect.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2014, 07:28:48 pm »

Elephant Parade: I'll admit that I may not have phrased the question perfectly, but you did respond in enough capacity to justify asking it. What makes you feel like tn5421 is scum? He's the only one other than myself you seem to suspect.
(I did try to respond to the question, yes. However, it really is best to just ask the question. For one thing, it forces them to respond; if I felt like it, I could've just said "no" and left it at that. Sure, you probably would've just asked me to explain, but it would've wasted valuable time.)

I'm not sure why I think tn5421 is scum. They just seem sort of off for some reason; it's mainly just their general playstyle. I think (?) they're from a different forum, though; that's probably part of it.

Sorry for the vagueness, but I honestly don't have anything else to say on the matter. They just seem a bit odd, which is why I didn't give a reason for me seeing them as scum. I plan to go back through their posts to see if I notice anything.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2014, 09:15:37 pm »

Okay. Wasn't sure since you'd placed a line between two names.

The line there is my Line of Lynchability.  Above the line is possible lynch, below is 'not happening'.

(I did try to respond to the question, yes. However, it really is best to just ask the question. For one thing, it forces them to respond; if I felt like it, I could've just said "no" and left it at that. Sure, you probably would've just asked me to explain, but it would've wasted valuable time.)

I'm not sure why I think tn5421 is scum. They just seem sort of off for some reason; it's mainly just their general playstyle. I think (?) they're from a different forum, though; that's probably part of it.

Sorry for the vagueness, but I honestly don't have anything else to say on the matter. They just seem a bit odd, which is why I didn't give a reason for me seeing them as scum. I plan to go back through their posts to see if I notice anything.

Yeah, I'm from the MafiaScum forum, I'm used to taking my time with these things.  I won't be bolding people's names since that implies a vote.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I completely forgot about it after dinner...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2014, 07:21:37 pm »

Day 2 will end in 2.5 hours at 11:00 PM EST

Votecount:
1. Elephant Parade {0}-
2. Tawarochir {1}- Scripten
3. GreatWyrmGold {0}-
4. Scriptin {0}-
5. tn5421 {0}-
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2014, 07:41:07 pm »

Day 2 will end in 2.5 hours at 11:00 PM EST

Votecount:
1. Elephant Parade {0}-
2. Tawarochir {1}- Scripten
3. GreatWyrmGold {0}-
4. Scriptin {0}-
5. tn5421 {0}-
what is this I don't even

Extend. We need to at least have a proper vote.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2014, 07:48:19 pm »

I need actions from all roles sent in before day end.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2014, 07:49:29 pm »

I agree, I'm going to vote to extend. Tawarochir has been active today, but has not posted yet. We're still waiting on tn5421's reasoning post, as well. We need more time for deliberations.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2014, 09:58:04 pm »

Day has been extended to Wednesday, March 14th, at 11:00 PM EST, or roughly 24 hours from this post.

PLEASE BE ACTIVE
Sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2014, 10:08:03 pm »

I was going to open up the Lurker Tracker to browse through posts, but then I realized that there's only several pages' worth of discussion.

Do we really have nothing to say? Should we briefly go back to RVS questions?

tn5421: You still haven't explained your rankings. Please do.
Tawochir: If you can see this, STOP LURKING. I don't want to lynch someone for inactivity, but you have a 2/4 chance of being mafia. (2/5 without presuming my innocence, which I did for obvious reasons.) As it stands, you are arguably the best lynch candidate. SAY SOMETHING.
Everyone: Give your reads. Reads aren't the best way to get a discussion going, but it doesn't look like we have much of a choice.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18