Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)  (Read 41074 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2014, 10:25:09 pm »

I dunno, man. I don't even really want to play Mafia after getting a taste.

GreatWyrmGold for that reason.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:05:34 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2014, 10:49:34 pm »

what no

Once you're in a game, you're expected to play to its conclusion. Pulling something like this will probably get you disliked on the mafia boards.

Although I feel like this is some kind of weird scum gambit. Not sure, though. It just seems kind of fake.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2014, 03:36:30 am »

This popcorn is awesome.

Go teams, go!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2014, 08:04:52 am »

what no
Once you're in a game, you're expected to play to its conclusion. Pulling something like this will probably get you disliked on the mafia boards.
Although I feel like this is some kind of weird scum gambit. Not sure, though. It just seems kind of fake.
For someone who claims to be able to read "scumtells" from even the slightest of screwups, you sure do suck at telling that I don't want to fucking play Mafia.

But fine, have it your way. Elephant Parade, instead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2014, 08:39:30 am »

You only have one game of experience.
One.
And in due reason, judge the whole thing by that one experience >.>
I wondered when that would happen.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2014, 08:45:06 am »

what no
For someone who claims to be able to read "scumtells" from even the slightest of screwups, you sure do suck at telling that I don't want to fucking play Mafia.

But fine, have it your way. Elephant Parade, instead.

Please be reminded that you can always request replacement.

Also, editing posts is not allowed in Mafia.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2014, 11:17:12 am »

Self-edited post, pls nerf
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2014, 11:20:07 am »

This is getting a little silly. We have two players who are essentially not playing. GWG doesn't want to and Tawarochir has only made, what, two posts in-game? (I don't have time to look over the whole topic at the moment, but I don't think I'm too far off.) How are we supposed to make any viable choices when a sizable fraction of the players aren't really participating? Apologies for whining, but seriously, guys...

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2014, 11:21:37 am »

Elephant has this condescending post thing going on, which scum prefer to use more than town.
Tawarochir is way below acceptable bounds of activity, feels like he's trying to coast through the game without effort.
I'm iffy on Scripten, which is why he's right next to the line.  I don't think he's scum but that doesn't mean he isn't a good faker.
GWG's frustration feels genuine to me.
I think my reasons for my rating are obvious.

@Scripten: I know, it sucks.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2014, 11:22:01 am »

If this wasn't LYLO I'd recommend we lynch all lurkers, but that won't work out very well unless they're both scum.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2014, 01:59:20 pm »

This is quite the dilemma. Right now, I am certain that at least one of the less enthusiastic players is a townie, which means that town has a definite handicap. I haven't figured out whether or not I can trust Elephant Parade yet, either. I'd like to, since he does seem to be scumhunting. On the other hand, he also seems to be experienced enough that I may not be noticing the less obvious scumtells.

Here're my reads, from most to least scummy:

Tawarochir: Super inactive. He only ever went after GWG, who does not seem particularly scummy at all. I've been told that going after lurkers is a scumtell, but if this wasn't LYLO, I'd be going after him with much more candor. Idleness does nothing but hurt the town, so even if he was town, a lynch would at least narrow our selection to people who've posted. I'd like to pose another question to you, Tawarochir, but you've got enough of a backlog that it seems unnecessary.

tn5421: He's crafty. He's taking his time in a game labeled sprint, for one thing. Thinking through posts is important, but with such a drought of content, his brief posts and relatively frequent delays feel off to me. While I'm not expecting walls of text, I feel like the way Elephant Parade and I are posting is more forthcoming. Granted, coming from a different forum may explain this somewhat, but I just cannot shake this feeling. Here's a question, tn5421: If you were the detective right now, who would you investigate? Would it be the person you feel is most scummy, or would you go for someone whom you are less sure about?

Elephant Parade: By far the more active of posters, I said some of what I feel about EP up above. While he has said that he suspects me, I have a definite bias because I know I'm town. I'm new to the game, so for all I know, I'm playing very scummily without even realizing a lot of it. On the other hand, he could also know that I'm town, know who his partner is, and thus plan to use me to win the game by lynching me today. His accusation of TheDarkStar is especially suspicious, since I now know that both of us are town AND because he followed TDS's lead in voting for me on day one. Elephant Parade, you said that you would give more explanation as to why you feel tn5421 is scum. Can you share with us your findings now that you've had more time to think it over? I feel like you've had a lot more time asking questions rather than answering them. :P

GreatWyrmGold: I don't think you're scum, but like Elephant Parade said earlier, this could also be a desperate gambit to escape suspicion. I really doubt it, though, so hopefully we can get you replaced with someone who's interested in playing. I'll be able to give reads on them if we end up having enough time to let them post first.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2014, 02:48:00 pm »

I would investigate either Elephant or Scripten.  I would be seeking to confirm town rather than confirm scum at this stage of the game, since scum can be found with process of elimination by having a certain number of confirmed town players.  I would target the most active players, since they are more likely to have a strong impact on the game than lurkers.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2014, 02:52:24 pm »

I'm staying with my mom for the week, so trust me some of the delays in my posts are more frustrating to me than they are to you.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2014, 05:07:13 pm »

Scripten: tn5421's post style just seems really odd to me. I think it's pretty similar to what I've seen browsing mafiascum, though. Unfortunately, I was unable to find anything scummy in tn5421's posts, so he's on the no-read list for now.

Also, the reason why I'm not answering questions is because nobody is asking me them.

Elephant has this condescending post thing going on, which scum prefer to use more than town.
Tawarochir is way below acceptable bounds of activity, feels like he's trying to coast through the game without effort.
I'm iffy on Scripten, which is why he's right next to the line.  I don't think he's scum but that doesn't mean he isn't a good faker.
GWG's frustration feels genuine to me.
I think my reasons for my rating are obvious.

@Scripten: I know, it sucks.
Do I seem condescending? If so, my apologies. I'm not trying to.

Since you suspect me, why don't you ask me questions? It feels like you're just trying to seem active.

Also, GWG's posts just seem off. Like, really off. I have never seen GWG use words like that. Never. it just seems like a badly faked post. The fact that he voted me seems like an attempt to make it look even more like frustration. Of course, I also don't think I've ever seen GWG genuinely upset, so this might just be that.

GreatWyrmGold: I find your actions pretty suspicious. If this seriously isn't a gambit, please request replacement. Of course, it probably is a gambit; I feel like you're just going to say "Oh, I calmed down and don't want to quit anymore" now that your actions have drawn a bit of suspicion.

Also, this has been a pretty awful game, in all honesty. I've played two games before this, and both of those were better. I recommend you stick around for another BM.

If anyone is interested, I currently suspect either a tn5421/GWG scumteam or a Scripten/GWG scumteam.

...The irritating thing about this gambit/non-gambit is that he has an excuse for not replying to this post; if he's frustrated, he might not want to check the topic. I still think he would normally play through to the end, though. This whole thing just seems off.

Perseus: What time does the day end, again?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2014, 05:13:32 pm »

11:00 PM EST or less than 5 hours from now.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18