Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)  (Read 41087 times)

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
Re: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D1)
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2014, 09:10:08 am »

Yes.  Shouldn't we be praying for inspiration during this trying time?
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2014, 09:39:21 am »

Note: Roleplaying is not required. There are Mafia games that involve Mafia, but this is not one of them.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2014, 09:40:50 am »

Vote: Darkpaladin109

Your name is a bit suspicious, as if you serve the darkness.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2014, 10:21:24 am »

Scripten: What? Pit people against one another? I don't see how my question would do that.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2014, 11:16:21 am »

Elephant Parade: Well, the way I see it, if we answer with an affirmative, we're under suspicion immediately. On one hand, saying town will win could be seen as being too enthusiastic and thus scum. Calling for a mafia win could be made out to say one supports such an occasion, flawed though that logic is. Not answering is yet another potential tell, since you could be said to be evasive.

Ultimately, the question is good to create tension and paranoia in game terms, though it may have just been intended purely to satisfy curiosity. :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2014, 11:28:26 am »

There are Mafia games that involve Mafia, but this is not one of them.
Huh?
And what's the fun of playing a Cardinal trying to find the demon-possessed Cardinals, if you can't roleplay it?

Elephant Parade: Well, the way I see it, if we answer with an affirmative, we're under suspicion immediately. On one hand, saying town will win could be seen as being too enthusiastic and thus scum. Calling for a mafia win could be made out to say one supports such an occasion, flawed though that logic is. Not answering is yet another potential tell, since you could be said to be evasive.
Ultimately, the question is good to create tension and paranoia in game terms, though it may have just been intended purely to satisfy curiosity. :P
"Every answer, or lack thereof, can be argued as a reason to suspect him. Therefore, I will suspect him."
I'm trying to figure out how I can spin your arguments that all of this is acting as tells for other people, into an accusation of you as being possessed.

"Alright. It seems we have our first accusation. I suppose we needed something to start with. However...the reasoning seems a bit thin. Suspicious If I must cast a vote, I will guess that tn5421 is the possessed one."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2014, 11:46:41 am »

Regarding scumhunting, the day1 lynch and night 1 nightkill are worth more than 10 pages of content.  Generally people that lie or are evasive are more likely to be scum than forthright people.
Darkpaladin109: Incorrect.  We can look at the setup.  2 scum vs 5 town.  Town has a Doctor and a Macho Cop.  We cannot rely on the Doctor to protect the Cop while he investigates people.  The Cop is one of the lynchpin players.  He gets investigation results each night. 
This setup attempts to balance one of the C9 setups from ms.net by adding the Macho modifier to the cop, to prevent the gamebreaking combo of unkillable cop / hidden doctor without resorting to adding a Scum Rolecop as seen in F11, since that didn't work either.

@GreatWyrmGold: He said that roleplay is not required, not that it isn't allowed.  It's also RVS still so relax.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2014, 12:11:29 pm »

tn5421: WTH are you talking about. I meant that the important thing was that we don't know which side's gonna do better or worse, not which roles there are. You know, the way you're doing things makes me suspicious of you, in all honesty. Now then, care to explain what you meant by that remark to me? I also find it suspicious about how you randomly picked me just because of my chosen name, but that's not important right now.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2014, 01:30:48 pm »

Have you ever heard of RVS?  It means to vote people for random reasons to get discussion going.  And if you're getting mad at me for talking about the setup, get over it.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2014, 01:48:56 pm »

I have heard of it, I'm just kinda oblivious to some things. Well, if it gets discussion going, then fine with me.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2014, 03:43:55 pm »

There are Mafia games that require Roleplay, but this is not one of them.
Huh?
And what's the fun of playing a Cardinal trying to find the demon-possessed Cardinals, if you can't roleplay it?
Fixed the problem. I said that more because you seemed to be confusing other people to think RP was required than you roleplaying.

Day 1 will end Saturday, May 9th at 11:00 PM EST

Votecount:
1. Elephant Parade {0}-
2. Tawarochir {0}-
3. GreatWyrmGold {0}-
4. Darkpaladin109 {1}- tn5421
5. Scriptin {0}-
6. tn5421 {1}-GWG
7. TheDarkStar (IC) {0}-
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2014, 11:07:10 pm »

With the rate of posting, I don't believe there is going to be a lynch before the deadline.  Sorry about getting mad at you over a misunderstanding.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2014, 01:02:01 am »

I'd like to hear something from Tawarochir. He's the only one who has not said anything all round.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2014, 04:38:43 am »

This rate of posting isn't quite perfect. And yes, Tawarochir is one o fthe people who hasn't said anything yet. Care to clear up why you didn't post yet?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2014, 08:27:19 am »

tn5421: WTH are you talking about. I meant that the important thing was that we don't know which side's gonna do better or worse, not which roles there are. You know, the way you're doing things makes me suspicious of you, in all honesty. Now then, care to explain what you meant by that remark to me? I also find it suspicious about how you randomly picked me just because of my chosen name, but that's not important right now.

darkpaladin109: You reacted very scummily to this. As soon as there was a hint that you were about to die, you panic. Why are you so scared to die? Also, you suddenly got suspicious of the person suspicious of you, even though you don't have a good reason.

Tawarochir: Get in here and post.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18