Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)  (Read 41078 times)

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
Re: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D1)
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2014, 09:27:03 am »

Our Lord teaches that the chicken came before the egg, for that is how He intended it.
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2014, 10:46:28 am »

So, GWG, what do you think of the no-nights system?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2014, 11:20:43 am »

HE LIVES!
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2014, 12:25:17 pm »

Tawrochir: Care to explain your absence?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2014, 01:39:49 pm »

Is that all anyone cares about here in Mafia? Victory, however boring it is? Even if you don't participate in it?
No, but you should always help your team win, even if it makes the game somewhat less fun for you.
And how does this tie to the original issue, which was based on "your team can win even if your die"?

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. We can't all get gold stars for participation. Someone has to eventually get lynched, night-killed, or what-have-you. If it happens to be you, well, tough luck. It's a learning experience and, for some of us, it's the part that's fun and exciting.
Someone has to be lynched, but it's perfectly reasonable for someone to not want it to be them, so that isn't any kind of proof that such a person is a Mafia.

Again, context of the game. A cigar is never just a cigar within Mafia. Even if it is.
And you say I'm taking things too seriously. You're taking the game so seriously that it's going to screw with your ability to play the game!

It's...a system. I'm not sure how it's different than normal Mafia. I guess there's less of a delay between turns?
This is my first Mafia game.

"Heresy! Everyone knows the chickens came first from the ground. Now I have my eye on you, Elephant Parade."
"Chickens did not come from the ground, they came from God."

My thoughts exactly. Also, there were non-chicken eggs before chickens.
"Eggs from what, praytell? The fishes and fowl were the first living things God created."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2014, 02:14:18 pm »

And how does this tie to the original issue, which was based on "your team can win even if your die"?
...How does it not tie in? I was saying that you should always help your team win, even if it leads to your death; that's because you win even if you die.

Someone has to be lynched, but it's perfectly reasonable for someone to not want it to be them, so that isn't any kind of proof that such a person is a Mafia.
Normally, I'd say you're wrong, since most people know that as town, you shouldn't really worry about dying. I mean, it's best to survive, obviously, but it's more important to scumhunt than it is to defend yourself.

However, darkpaladin is new, so he might just be more focused on survival than winning. I know I was pretty irritated when I got nightkilled N1 in my first game; dying early is incredibly frustrating.

Thus, his reaction is something of a null tell. I think I may browse through old BM games to see how newbies generally react to being voted, since I may be completely wrong.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2014, 02:44:44 pm »

Forgot about the game until Perseus PM'ed me telling me I'd be modkilled if I didn't post by day's end.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2014, 04:33:05 pm »

Alright, it looks like Tawarochir is in the clear.

Unvote

GWG: I'd love to keep discussing this, but we're not going anywhere productive with this line of conversation. It's almost as if you're trying to stall for some reason.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2014, 04:46:10 pm »

Forgot about the game until Perseus PM'ed me telling me I'd be modkilled if I didn't post by day's end.
Tawochir: Do you use the "show new replies" menu? If so, you should have been able to see it, since it stands out due to being pinned.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2014, 05:07:32 pm »

GWG: I'd love to keep discussing this, but we're not going anywhere productive with this line of conversation. It's almost as if you're trying to stall for some reason.

When you're trying to suggest someone's scumminess, it's usually better to use questions, since that forces them to act.

Votecount, please?

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2014, 05:21:08 pm »

Votecount:
1. Elephant Parade {0}-
2. Tawarochir {0}-
3. GreatWyrmGold {1}- Tawarochir
4. Darkpaladin109 {2}- tn5421, TheDarkStar
5. Scriptin {0}-
6. tn5421 {1}-GWG
7. TheDarkStar (IC) {0}-

Day will end in slightly over 4 hours at 11 PM EST.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2014, 06:15:19 pm »

I find it very interesting that you're still voting darkpaladin, TheDarkStar. Personally, I think darkpaladin's defensiveness is just from him being a newbie (heck, as a newbie, he might not even know that surviving is much more important when you're mafia). Are you trying to get an innocent townie lynched? Because that's what it looks like to me.

Admittedly, darkpaladin's behavior has been somewhat suspicious.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2014, 06:44:10 pm »

I had actually, despite my arguments for his actions suggesting scumminess, not believed that darkpaladin was mafia. However, he's been decidedly absent lately. Any explanation for this, darkpaladin?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2014, 07:05:48 pm »

...How does it not tie in? I was saying that you should always help your team win, even if it leads to your death; that's because you win even if you die.
Well, there's two things. First, you're back to implicitly saying that winning is more important than, say, having fun. Second, you're failing to explain how dying could help your team.

Mostly because I'm trying to figure out if mafia games are ever any fun to play, or if they're always like this.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2014, 07:39:27 pm »

Mostly because I'm trying to figure out if mafia games are ever any fun to play, or if they're always like this.

This mafia game is set up differently from the usual in that it's faster with less players, so power roles have a much smaller effect. For a very different kind of game, play a role-heavy one like Paranormal or one of the games that has massive rule changes.

I find it very interesting that you're still voting darkpaladin, TheDarkStar. Personally, I think darkpaladin's defensiveness is just from him being a newbie (heck, as a newbie, he might not even know that surviving is much more important when you're mafia). Are you trying to get an innocent townie lynched? Because that's what it looks like to me.

Admittedly, darkpaladin's behavior has been somewhat suspicious.

I'll decide on unvoting when he responds. At this point, unvoting would mean tying the vote.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18