Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)  (Read 41066 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D1)
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2014, 08:41:06 pm »

I'll decide on unvoting when he responds. At this point, unvoting would mean tying the vote.
He hasn't responded yet? Still probably a null tell, but he needs to respond.

A tie would be bad, though.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2014, 08:52:05 pm »

It is also a possibility that he, or an ally, instructed him to do what he's done because he's new to the game. Granted, many of us are new, but there's a couple of people who've played before.

On the other hand, having a no-lynch night (I'm aware there's no night phase) could be ultimately safer for us. We'd only have to worry about a night-kill from the mafia, rather than a possible misfire on our part.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2014, 08:59:36 pm »

1 hour until end of day.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2014, 09:09:25 pm »

Sorry, darkpaladin, but I find your actions suspicious. I won't tip the scales, but I haven't seen any defense other than your being new. And, again, that could be said of many of us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2014, 09:30:31 pm »

Sorry, darkpaladin, but I find your actions suspicious. I won't tip the scales, but I haven't seen any defense other than your being new. And, again, that could be said of many of us.
Bandwagoning for extremely vague reasons? Ahaha. You're new, but this is more suspicious than what darkpaladin has done. This reads as either a scum bussing or a scum bandwagoning to appear more town. Scripten. Not that it matters, what with half an hour left in the day. Care to explain what you find suspicious?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2014, 09:33:09 pm »

Since there's a higher-than-average chance that I won't survive the night, I'm going to point out how scummy this is right now. He's basically voting for credit. Along with some previous posts, he doesn't play like town. An example:

GreatWyrmGold: Since mafia is a team game, playing as if it is a free-for-all is a dangerous (possibly scummy) mindset. From what I've seen of other games, towns that have a lot of lone wolves don't fare so well. Keep in mind that the mafia have the ability to have private conversations, so they have much more liberty to put on a front. Sympathy, therefore, is really just another tool for them. On that note, you seem to have jumped in very quickly to defend darkpaladin109. That makes me feel like you two are working together. Do you have any defense against this?

Note how he says that it's bad that GWG is playing alone and that it's bad that GWG is not playing alone. See a problem?

I suggest inspecting him tonight (but if he's town, the Cop should stay silent).

PPE (pre-post edit): Ninja'd by Elephant, but I can now vote without causing a tie, so Scripten.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2014, 09:34:25 pm »

Since there's a higher-than-average chance that I won't survive the night, I'm going to point out how scummy this is right now. He's basically voting for credit. Along with some previous posts, he doesn't play like town. An example:

GreatWyrmGold: Since mafia is a team game, playing as if it is a free-for-all is a dangerous (possibly scummy) mindset. From what I've seen of other games, towns that have a lot of lone wolves don't fare so well. Keep in mind that the mafia have the ability to have private conversations, so they have much more liberty to put on a front. Sympathy, therefore, is really just another tool for them. On that note, you seem to have jumped in very quickly to defend darkpaladin109. That makes me feel like you two are working together. Do you have any defense against this?

Note how he says that it's bad that GWG is playing alone and that it's bad that GWG is not playing alone. See a problem?

I suggest inspecting him tonight (but if he's town, the Cop should stay silent).

PPE (pre-post edit): Ninja'd by Elephant, but I can now vote without causing a tie, so Scripten.

Oops, DarkPaladin, since I went over the votes again and realized that it was a tie. DP now has three votes on him vs one or zero on everyone else.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2014, 09:40:46 pm »

Oops, DarkPaladin, since I went over the votes again and realized that it was a tie. DP now has three votes on him vs one or zero on everyone else.
You found the votes, went over them, and posted this in one minute? Interesting. I think that Scripten is your scumbuddy, and you're trying to get town cred without actually lynching Scripten.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2014, 09:41:36 pm »

Okay, it's easily possible to do that in one minute if the forums are being nice. Still a bit odd, though.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2014, 09:43:17 pm »

Okay, it's easily possible to do that in one minute if the forums are being nice. Still a bit odd, though.

This is part of it. I also realized that I forgot to count Scriptin's vote in my votecounts.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2014, 09:51:06 pm »

This is part of it. I also realized that I forgot to count Scriptin's vote in my votecounts.
Mmm. Either way, Scriptin is definitely my preferred lynch candidate tomorrow, unless something happens.

Also, if the mafia kill me in an attempt to frame an innocent Scriptin, I am going to be so annoyed. Don't even think about it. I want to actually play more than one day this time.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2014, 09:52:35 pm »

Mmm. Either way, Scriptin is definitely my preferred lynch candidate tomorrow, unless something happens.

Also, if the mafia kill me in an attempt to frame an innocent Scriptin, I am going to be so annoyed. Don't even think about it. I want to actually play more than one day this time.

It would probably be a good thing if the doctor protected one of us (without revealing himself, of course).

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2014, 09:53:15 pm »

It would probably be a good thing if the doctor protected one of us (without revealing himself and his target, of course).

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2014, 09:57:00 pm »

Bandwagoning for extremely vague reasons? Ahaha. You're new, but this is more suspicious than what darkpaladin has done. This reads as either a scum bussing or a scum bandwagoning to appear more town. Scripten. Not that it matters, what with half an hour left in the day. Care to explain what you find suspicious?

I'd mentioned before that I did not find him inherently scummy based upon his reaction to the random vote alone. However, he's been notably silent since then. I gave my reasoning right in the post you quoted. The only defense for darkpaladin's reaction was that he was new, a justification given by others and one which could apply to the majority of us.

That's an extreme simplification of what I'd said. I said that it was bad to act in ways that do not ultimately benefit the town. In this case, the defense given for darkpaladin's reaction before was that he didn't want to die. I explained why I saw this as potentially scummy. When GWG defended him so vehemently, I saw this as a partner swooping in to rescue his floundering friend. So far, all I have seen in response is that GWG is only trying to help darkpaladin have fun. That doesn't seem to be satisfactory to me.

I already responded to your first point above, while speaking to Elephant Parade.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2014, 09:59:00 pm »

If you found DP109 scummy, why didn't you vote for him earlier?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18