Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Crawl 0.14 Tournament - Finished  (Read 20884 times)

Aelig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.14 Tournament - It has begun (still welcoming players!)
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2014, 05:14:54 am »

I find snake to be easier than swamp now if you have rpois, it seems that the change to poison made it stronger without rpois but almost useless with it (I would have to face Aizul to be sure). Also the flying lightning breathing thingy (some kind of spore in tiles, can't remember the name) hits super hard and is nigh unkilable for a melee. Plus you know, 8 headed hydras...

On another note, is clan down?

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2014, 05:31:46 am »

Vapour? I just smacked one, it wonders randomly and then blasts your face for 105% of your max HP, but a flying tengu is a bit hard to hit and I had sInv.

My main problem is a lack of poison resist. It's kind of bad for swamp, but by jove I'm not even trying Snake without rP on a tengu.

Clan appears to be operational right now.

edit : Heh, cleared Dungeon, have a Bone dragon and a Profane Servitor. Swamp dragons, it is on
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:52:43 am by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Aelig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2014, 05:59:55 am »

Yred is so good before extended, I don't get why new players don't play him.Your profane servitor might be stronger than you right now...

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2014, 06:20:14 am »

My HEIE just found +9/+7 Executioner Axe with drain rF+,rC+ and no books yet. Maybe it's time to change focus..

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2014, 06:39:36 am »

Yred is so good before extended, I don't get why new players don't play him.Your profane servitor might be stronger than you right now...

My two profane servitors  8)

And yeah, I'm probably one of the weaker members of my war band but hey, life is unfair. Besides, the stupid things aren't even using Demon Whips, I mean seriously.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2014, 08:22:47 am »

My GrEE picked up a new spell, Spellforged Servitor. Now, all I need is crystal spear.

@Covenant

Oops, typo. You're listed on the clan page now.

Aelig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2014, 08:33:11 am »

Well... I died. TP into something that got me paralysed in vaults, and killed with 80hp 26AC 26EV 31SH with only 2 monsters.

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2014, 09:23:51 am »

Just found a +8/+4 great mace of speed @.@ (as a MiFi)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2014, 09:31:15 am »

Paralysis completely removes your evasion, and I want to say it removes your Shields too, but I'm not sure about that one.

Basically, it's the one complete bullshit left in Crawl. The current implementation of petrification is what paralysis should be like - give you a couple of turns to counter-act it if you have the consumables.

Well, it and torment.

But torment is more of a personal hate.

My own run is going along decently - I'm clearing stuff myself, letting my bros chill in Snake:5, calling them whenever I feel slightly threatened. I got the lair branch runes, guess I'm going for Vaults next. This is definitely going to be a 5-rune win if a win at all, I can't be arsed to trudge through extended again.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2014, 10:04:44 am »

The FoAK made it through! First win in three years!

Morgue
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:07:59 am by Un67 »

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2014, 10:10:25 am »

Spellforged Servitor is hilariously OP for earth mages. It's basically a crystal spear turret with infinite ammo. A hasted servitor soloed Wiglaf and and a merfolk pack in a few turns. Truly wonderful. :D

The FoAK made it through! First win in three years!

I'll post the morgue when I can find it.

Congrats!

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2014, 10:25:52 am »

I believe an amulet of stasis makes you immune to -all- forms of paralysis

Paralysis completely removes your evasion, and I want to say it removes your Shields too, but I'm not sure about that one.

Basically, it's the one complete bullshit left in Crawl. The current implementation of petrification is what paralysis should be like - give you a couple of turns to counter-act it if you have the consumables.

Well, it and torment.

But torment is more of a personal hate.

My own run is going along decently - I'm clearing stuff myself, letting my bros chill in Snake:5, calling them whenever I feel slightly threatened. I got the lair branch runes, guess I'm going for Vaults next. This is definitely going to be a 5-rune win if a win at all, I can't be arsed to trudge through extended again.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2014, 11:43:45 am »

Grats Un67, a Formicid is no small feat to win :)

And Tegga, stasis does indeed make you immune to all forms of paralysis. Unfortunately it also makes you immune to [nearly] all forms of escape, so it's not always an option.

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2014, 12:24:30 pm »

Teasure trove requiring 2 acq scrolls.  Worth it?  Have wand of tele and wounds, but not hasting yet.  Mi Fi

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2014, 12:37:56 pm »

Think of it this way - do you need a particular item right now? If so, use the 2 acquirement scrolls to try and possibly get it, or possibly be even more disappointed.

Other than that Troves use the acquirment code, so it's like getting ...15 acquirements for the price of 2. You can get a pretty bad trove, and the general item type might be borderline useless to you, but I'd probably go for the trove every single time.

edit : uh, um, well. That's one of the "pretty bad troves" then. Yeah...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:50:30 pm by Graven »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18