Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Crawl 0.14 Tournament - Finished  (Read 20831 times)

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.14 Tournament - It has begun
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2014, 03:56:00 am »

If it's neither in the wiki nor in the bots, then it's not something well known.
It does nice damage for its level (and especially for its mana). I would say it is clearly higher than the "throw" spells, but seems less than the "bolt" spells.

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2014, 06:29:39 am »

Not playing for a year has left me incapable of doing speedy(ish) runs. All my games take twice as much time, and trying to repeat my level 16 wins causes me to splat embarrassingly. From 50% win rate to 28%, yikes. I'm glad I didn't play under my main account. And I fell short my goal for the tourney: a 15 rune win and 3 win streak.

Bay12 deserves better! Oh, and we're less than 400 points away from 10th place. Keep it up! :)

Wow, lots of changes since i last played this.

How much damage does a battlesphere do, exactly? For some reason, there's no mention of it in the wiki...

It seems to do similar damage to the old mystic blast spell. It's great. Spellforged Servitor, its upgrade, is amazing if you don't mind pruning your spell list.

Edit: We're in 10th place. Congrats, Covenant! Mighty impressive streak. :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:58:35 am by Dr Feelgood »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2014, 12:55:22 pm »

Darn. I beat the hydra and made it to Elf:3, but then I got killed by a ghost.

Aelig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2014, 01:18:10 pm »

Darn. I beat the hydra and made it to Elf:3, but then I got killed by a ghost.

Well, to be fair, you don't want to clear Elf in the majority of games, it's a really hard branch and if you do attempt it you don't do it before you have a couple of runes. One of the reasons to that is that some pesky elf mage can banish you to the abyss so you want to either have enough MR to avoid that or be confident that you can survive the abyss.

There is no real order but usually this route is the safest : Dungeon until Lair stair -> Lair -> Orc (sometimes orc 4 is hard as hell) -> Dungeon 15 -> First Lair branch until 4 -> Second Lair branch until 4 -> End levels of Lair branches (runes) -> Depth/Vault 4 -> Maybe Elf or Vault 5 -> Zot 4 -> win or extended.

EDIT : Well, seems like the champions are officially top 10. Congrats guys!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 03:54:19 pm by Aelig »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2014, 07:31:07 pm »

Hooray! I did very little to help! Well, maybe next tourney.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.14 Tournament - Finished
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2014, 02:50:06 pm »

Oh hey, it's over! And we're top 10! WEEE BAY12!

Great job everyone, and especially Covenant, who even takes the honorable 30th place, out of 2030 players!

Hope everyone had great fun in this, and hopefully we'll have even more fun the next one. I know I for one tried a ton of combos I'd probably never have considered otherwise, and even won a Tengu - something I've been wanting to do for a loong time.

I could've contributed a ton more to the team, honestly, and I feel kind of bad about most of my actual gameplay. Still, I'm 59th, which is the highest position I've held, and I have 2 wins, which is the highest amount of wins I've had.

I sort of can't wait for the next one, honestly.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2014, 03:34:41 pm »

Somehow I managed to keep myself busy enough to only get a few introductory characters in. Shame about that, was hoping to get a few more chars done.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2014, 03:41:08 pm »

I'm just happy I got in that one win before I got bogged down by work and ennui. :)

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2014, 04:37:02 pm »

I went from 35th place in my 1st tourney to 95th. And my win rate dropped to 25%. Ouch. I should probably stay away from crawl tourneys.

Still, it's nice to see Bay12 in the Top 10 again. You guys did great!

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2014, 05:08:09 pm »

"WE" guys, Dr Feelgood! You did pretty awesome as well and definitely contributed. Everyone contributed to our 10th place...placement...

And it's about fun, anyways, so if you tried a fun combo and lost it's a moral victory  8)
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2014, 08:13:13 pm »

Congrats to everyone, especially the Champions and their awesome placing. I'll jump in for the next one (thank god I didn't join this one, my computer died a few days into the tournament). As a Noble, but the more the merrier.

Well done all.
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]