Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (SG)  (Read 28431 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (SG)
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2014, 11:24:01 pm »

Posting To Hwatch.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2014, 03:13:34 pm »

An this might be a bit rude but maybe we can try and find a brothel? Suffering should be plenty of in their.
-1 You are what you eat...

Focus more on gathering info for now and diggesting that power, try gathering emotions again later. If possible try it during fight or heated argument. Not sure about contacting spelltiefs when we're still so weak and know next to nothing about our target. Sure, if we get opportunity we should take it, but trying to find them when we don't have clear any sort of plan is just wasting our and their time. Buy some rope while shops are still open. Gotta be ready for our guest...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2014, 03:26:19 pm »

What if we took our small sum we have made and go to the town jail/dungeon. We get a sweet dose of suffering and we can find some desperate mortals. I'm sure we could convince someone to have their life indebted to us if we got them out of prison, we could probably manage to pay their bail, depending on who the violator is.

Before or after that I say we look into the matter of the relative and his wife. She sounds like another person to possibly kidnap, but that would prove... difficult, at least. I think we should go to the dungeons prior to the recon. I do not want to go into any situation in this weakened state, especially against someone who may prove a combatant of some sort.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:44:32 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2014, 03:39:49 pm »

An this might be a bit rude but maybe we can try and find a brothel? Suffering should be plenty of in their.
-1 You are what you eat...

Focus more on gathering info for now and diggesting that power, try gathering emotions again later. If possible try it during fight or heated argument. Not sure about contacting spelltiefs when we're still so weak and know next to nothing about our target. Sure, if we get opportunity we should take it, but trying to find them when we don't have clear any sort of plan is just wasting our and their time. Buy some rope while shops are still open. Gotta be ready for our guest...

An what would be bad about a little suffering from bad slaves?

Also what do we need the rope for?

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2014, 04:06:23 pm »

What if we took our small sum we have made and go to the town jail/dungeon. We get a sweet dose of suffering and we can find some desperate mortals. I'm sure we could convince someone to have their life indebted to us if we got them out of prison, we could probably manage to pay their bail, depending on who the violator is.
IRL prison was place where people waited while judge decided their punishment, not punishment itself (unless you were valuable noble). It's more likely that we could pay someones dues and indebth them, but I'm not sure if that's as usefull as you think it is... it all depends how binding their debth to us is.

Before or after that I say we look into the matter of the relative and his wife. She sounds like another person to possibly kidnap, but that would prove... difficult, at least.
Another? Why not the first one? We kidnap her and that relative guy will spend time trying to find her and will that way stay in town, we give our ghost his test subject and can feed on her suffering as well. It all depends on what kind of powers priests can use in this setting, or if he can contact competent mage to scry her location.

An what would be bad about a little suffering from bad slaves?

Also what do we need the rope for?
For the priestess-to-be-prisoner.
There's also tons of misery , hatred and self loathing in there, not to mention some twisted people making money out of it... in other words, people our former demon has dealt with before. But someone who spends time in brothel without spending time (read:money) with the girls will be considered freak and attract unwanted attention from whatever passes for bouncer there.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2014, 04:37:00 pm »

Good point from Mr. Strange

That leaves us with continue to hear out for valuable intel in the restraunt/inn/bar/ buy rope for {?}, possibly contact criminal underground networks, and just to add one more would be to find out what priest can do in this world. If all fails to be anything useful we may need to go ask our ghost friend what a priest is capable of.

BTW how in the hell are we going to find her?

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2014, 05:23:21 pm »

Priestess-in-training? Temple of some sort would be good place to start asking around, saying we want to know more about local religion/god, this Kado fella. We could pull that off since we talk like foreigner. Of course, priests are usually the ones who specialice in dealing with (read:getting rid of) ghosts and demons in most settings, so that's not without risks...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2014, 05:44:42 pm »

Priestess-in-training? Temple of some sort would be good place to start asking around, saying we want to know more about local religion/god, this Kado fella. We could pull that off since we talk like foreigner. Of course, priests are usually the ones who specialice in dealing with (read:getting rid of) ghosts and demons in most settings, so that's not without risks...

In the back of my mind i had the same idea. I don't want to go to the temple and start burning up like that vampie in the movie "vampire in new york".

Again maybe it's better if we just ask the ghost he'll tell us what they can do. BTW any name on this chick? if yes go to a more seedy bar and just ask around for someone to give her an early grave.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2014, 08:29:52 pm »

In the back of my mind i had the same idea. I don't want to go to the temple and start burning up like that vampie in the movie "vampire in new york".

Again maybe it's better if we just ask the ghost he'll tell us what they can do. BTW any name on this chick? if yes go to a more seedy bar and just ask around for someone to give her an early grave.

No. I think kidnap would be our best bet. I mean we already have some alchemical ingredients, and all we need to do is make it so she can not put a spell on us, or hurt us. This can easily be achieved by silencing her, or if easier, putting her to sleep or paralyzing her for a time. Even getting her drunk would be okay.

Also, we had it explained to us what the two religions are around here, and that the god isn't exactly against what we do, in fact we kinda do his bidding (make people carry out oaths) and I don't know if a priestess for a titan would have any powers beyond just a title of devotion to such a creature. That being said, yes priests usually do do the ridding of creatures decidedly foul by the populace, Ie. us. I say the benefits outweigh the costs.

My plan is to go to a seedier bar, try and meet a few people, make some connections, and reconnoiter the area, and ask about the priestess while enjoying some nasty emotions. After that, head back home, explain to the ghost that you mean to incapacitate the priestess and kidnap her, killing two birds and one stone. Ask him if he can prepare some sort of potion/poison to do this and what sort of preparations should be made to make her powerless to hurt us, also inquiring about the level of danger she poses.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2014, 10:29:41 pm »

works for me honestly +1

No. I think kidnap would be our best bet. I mean we already have some alchemical ingredients, and all we need to do is make it so she can not put a spell on us, or hurt us. This can easily be achieved by silencing her, or if easier, putting her to sleep or paralyzing her for a time. Even getting her drunk would be okay.

Also, we had it explained to us what the two religions are around here, and that the god isn't exactly against what we do, in fact we kinda do his bidding (make people carry out oaths) and I don't know if a priestess for a titan would have any powers beyond just a title of devotion to such a creature. That being said, yes priests usually do do the ridding of creatures decidedly foul by the populace, Ie. us. I say the benefits outweigh the costs.

My plan is to go to a seedier bar, try and meet a few people, make some connections, and reconnoiter the area, and ask about the priestess while enjoying some nasty emotions. After that, head back home, explain to the ghost that you mean to incapacitate the priestess and kidnap her, killing two birds and one stone. Ask him if he can prepare some sort of potion/poison to do this and what sort of preparations should be made to make her powerless to hurt us, also inquiring about the level of danger she poses.

Edit: +1 not sure what happened there
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:43:27 am by 3man75 »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2014, 10:07:55 am »

/\ Is that a +1?

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2014, 06:07:11 pm »

+1, first reconnaissance, then kidnapping. It could be worth finding out if we can smuggle her in the house trough catacombs.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2014, 07:44:38 pm »

+1, first reconnaissance, then kidnapping. It could be worth finding out if we can smuggle her in the house trough catacombs.

Aye, agreed.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2014, 05:38:42 pm »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You excuse yourself from the pub, but not before asking a fellow patron where you might find a cheap tavern with a rough-and-tumble sort of crowd. He looks you up and down before grimacing and giving you directions to a place nearby, in a district he calls "The inner ring", which he makes sure you know is different from "the centre ring".
Before leaving the area, you make sure to purchase some sturdy hemp rope appropriate for tying up a human. It strikes you that this flimsy material could also keep *you* captive, something that would not have been true a week ago. You remind yourself that it will be only a couple more days before a vestige of your old strength is returned to you.

Navigation 1d20+2(directions)-3(poor understanding of territory)= 2

You *think* you're in the inner ring. It seems to be some sort of poor residential area, full of sturdy but very aged housing in disrepair. You may have taken a wrong turn somewhere, where you thought there would be a tavern was just some sort of butcher shop. Just as you begin to consider retracing your steps and trying again you find your path blocked by an upturned cart, and are forced to take a back alley to go around it.

Observation 1d20= 18
As you do so, it strikes you that is a bad idea, this is almost certainly a trap. An upturned cart appears behind a corner with no sound of commotion, no animal to pull it or person to sit it? Forcing someone to take an alternate route? You know a con when you see one, nine hells you've *pulled* similiar things before. Paying close attention you hear someone scrambling over the cart behind you, though you cannot see them, there may also be someone lying ahead in wait for you.
Appraising the territory, you're caught between two buildings in an alleyway. In one home to your left there is a badly boarded window that could potentially be a route of escape, also present is a mostly empty waterbarrel.

What do you do?

Carp its whats for dinner

• Bay Watcher
  • Or it might go the other way around
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2014, 05:47:40 pm »

ready your sword and tell them to leave you alone, if they don't, attack one then escape through the window.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15