Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (SG)  (Read 28412 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (SG)
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2014, 02:50:58 pm »

Go deeper into the appartment, try to get away from that alley and make your way home.
All my +

Honestly, there were reasons why I previously wanted for us to stay low until we got our demonic strength back. We are currently a - thank the burned skin - limping, percievably - thank the burned skin - old man, with a foreign dialect. Even if we would not carry a backpack, we would be an obvious mark for thieves and robbers.

Carp its whats for dinner

• Bay Watcher
  • Or it might go the other way around
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2014, 10:55:01 am »

use those emotions to make some !!Muggers!!

FierceNugWrangler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »

Play it safe and run. We have no idea how many or how strong they are, and they're aware of our presence. It's not worth the risk over some low level robbers and low level loot. In three days we'll be blowing guys like this away.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2014, 12:18:25 pm »

Play it safe and run. We have no idea how many or how strong they are, and they're aware of our presence. It's not worth the risk over some low level robbers and low level loot. In three days we'll be blowing guys like this away.

+1 we'll flaunt this as street cred later when we have our powers back. BTW GM how long till that dude comes back?

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2014, 02:28:26 pm »

Quickly finish off the wounded man before attempting to leave.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2014, 02:40:21 pm »

We almost cut of his leg, as it seems - thus he is currently no threat to us. His comrades know where we are either way... We also wont get any suffering for this, so there is no real need or use for doing this.

I think we actually should leave him be. They know how we look, so if we kill him they might come for revenge. If we leave him there, however, they might just help out their - possibly - friend, instead of going after us in blind rage.

Stonecutters

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2014, 08:38:28 pm »

We almost cut of his leg, as it seems - thus he is currently no threat to us. His comrades know where we are either way... We also wont get any suffering for this, so there is no real need or use for doing this.

I think we actually should leave him be. They know how we look, so if we kill him they might come for revenge. If we leave him there, however, they might just help out their - possibly - friend, instead of going after us in blind rage.

I agree with Escaped Lurker about leaving the man alive and booking it. A dead man can be left where he lies, but a wounded man at the very least will slow our attackers down. I want to remind everyone that we are not a soldier, nor are we physically powerful. We are in no condition to be fighting muggers.

Also, do not attempt to manipulate his suffering before leaving. Its already been established that it takes hours, and our full concentration. We do not have the luxury of either. Our best option is to just run.

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2014, 09:01:23 pm »

I agree with Escaped Lurker about leaving the man alive and booking it. A dead man can be left where he lies, but a wounded man at the very least will slow our attackers down. I want to remind everyone that we are not a soldier, nor are we physically powerful. We are in no condition to be fighting muggers.

Also, do not attempt to manipulate his suffering before leaving. Its already been established that it takes hours, and our full concentration. We do not have the luxury of either. Our best option is to just run.

It is possible that it only took hours for anything after the first attempt, and that the first attempt is left up to luck.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2014, 09:02:07 pm »

What I've been saying.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2014, 01:24:10 am »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You've gotten the best of one of your attackers, turning ambush back upon them, but there is no guarantee that you can get the best of a second opponent in a fight, especially not in your weakened state. So, pragmatically, you flee.

Athletics 1D20-2= 9
Out the front door you go sliding out the bar-lock and departing at a jog. Once you've left the poor residential area and found more busy streets you look around. You notice no sign of being pursued or followed, your assailants must have given up or decided you were not worth the effort. You however, have grown weary, and are beginning to feel a slight hunger, so you make way for your ally's home.

Navigation 1d20-3(poor understanding of territory)+4(clear written directions)=5
By the time you make it back, it is several hours past nightfall. For a time you became lost, and unfortunatly you could not read the numbers on the local signposts which you assume label streets and point directions to locations of note. You were forced to wander around the city ring for a time before coming upon the right house.
When you return Loras is waiting for you in the foyer of his once fine home, your book laid out upon the ground as he reads it. He frowns at you as you enter. "I had not thought you would be gone so long. I should probably have warned you about being in the city after dark, if you are caught with a sword at night, without good reason you can stand to be put in the dungeon. Come to think of it i'm fairly certain that you did not enter the city by way of the city gates, that could pose a problem if you ever find yourself needing to leave the city, or speak to a city official. Unless you've happened to procure visitors papers?"

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2014, 04:49:10 am »

Let's not indulge him in our - actually embarassing - story. And if we do so, we rather should do it nonchalantly. While we are benefactors to each other, crying like a 6-year old whos milk-money almost got stolen, is something that could loose us some standing with him.

Ask him if he had a good read / what he thinks of the book, and if such papers really would be that hard to "procure" through the... not-so-right channels. Else, as we have noted that our lack of local custom and knowledge is a problem, we should further our language skills. Should we find the time, we also need to try out the "not-suffering-emotions".

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2014, 08:01:24 am »

I'll take may chances.

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2014, 03:44:20 pm »

Since we'll be in the city for some time, it may be prudent to learn the layout. Ask our ally for a map of some kind so that we may study the city better.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2014, 03:58:28 pm »

Ask about said papers, and anything else he might have "forgot" to mention. Say we didn't have much trouble. Also ask what he thinks of our plan to kidnap that priestess-in-training, and start praparing place to secure her. Heal yourself with the gathered emotion-energy.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

FierceNugWrangler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2014, 07:28:22 pm »

We need to get him to make a rough map for us and practice the language so we're not bumbling about so much. We should also ask more about local laws and customs so we don't get tossed in jail for stuff like carrying a sword. Then we should be set to get in touch with the local ruffians to set up a plan for kidnapping, and also look in to buying forged documents. We should try and fashion a hood and cloak from the linens to hide our face, sword, and fancy clothes. We look too weak and wealthy, the thieves might just want to mug us before we can hire them.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15