Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58247 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 14) Warehouses
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2013, 01:39:21 pm »

((Turn 15 is written up and saved on a txt file on my desktop, just waiting for Raynen's action and we're good to go.

on a side note, I have access to a set of dice used for warhammer games. I can roll up to fifty dice at once without any problems.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2013, 02:15:06 pm »

"Hm, why did someone break into this warehouse but not the others? There might have been something important in there, hold on a moment."

Carefully check out the inside of the Textiles warehouse. Abort if the group decides to move on without me.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2013, 09:01:34 pm »

((D'aww, really playing the Kitsune theme along. Akari is along the Celestial Kitsune theme but..ehh, misinterpretation ahoy! x3
...But your actions just dictates you either flop out on the ground in the street or..you aren't following anything? :O))
((Well he said "demon-fox" because he is afraid of you, not because he knows the origin of that particular folklore.
And as for action he is jumping through a open window into a warehouse full of booze.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 15) Ninjas!
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2013, 03:35:09 am »

((took slightly longer than expected, upon doing my final pre-post review I realized I'd mixed up the warehouses and had to rewrite the turns for Pantagruel, Joe, and Raynen.))
((Now I just KNOW that booze warehouse is so easy just to trap my poor hobo. But hey, roleplaying.))
Joe briefly exclaims "BOOZE!" and then tries his hardest to drag the rest of the team through the warehouse windows, knowing full well he shouldn't be going places alone.

"Don't you agree, Joe?"

Hearing his name spoken by the demon-fox, Joe forgoes safety and jumps through the warehouse window into the welcoming grasp of alcohol!

((I'm REALLY gonna play this up :P))
"So... I am starting to get the feeling that this isn't the most interesting town, chaps. These creatures don't seem willing to make much conversation! Perhaps we should just get whatever we can from here and then get to someplace more civilized? I'd certainly like to be among people once again."

Assist with warehouse looting!
Joe climbs into the booze warehouse, followed by Pantagruel. Inside there appears to be... well, lots of beer, a pulley system on rails attached to the warehouse ceiling, a large ramp leading down to a dark basement of some kind, and someone dressed like a ninja with a single upraised finger in front of his face standing in a corner hidden from the windows, repeatedly gesturing with his other hand as though he was shoving something downwards with it, a sledgehammer resting by his side.
((I never thought of them as undead! :P
Now we go deeper into the garlic onion.))

"No joking. We've been attacked by what I guess is a guard patrol...and they didn't even ask for our papers or shout a warning, as is customary. Then there are nobody around to talk to; not even any random passerby (which I'm pretty sure you guys will ignore).

"And on a lighter note, other than 'looting' this area without any viable containers to hold said loot, why don't we explore farther into town. I see, ah, a nice...booze trail. Going that way. I think it's tainted with..blood from...too much consumption of liquor.

"Don't you agree, Joe?"

Will that light orb first towards where my allies are in that warehouse, then will it towards that 'bloodstained path' towards the inner reaches of the town and follow along. Try to inspect via sight any windows or higher levels of ground than ours.
I'm going to assume for now that you leave the light orb with the pair in the booze warehouse, so they can see in there. none of the warehouses nearby (meaning the ones you can see in the fog) have a second story. you don't see any ladders or conveniently stair-like piles of items on their sides, so roof access could prove somewhat difficult.
"Truly, things look rather grim here. shall I play a tune to lighten the mood?"

If no objections from team, play a tune on my guitar. a nice waltz, perhaps?
The strings on your guitar appear to be stretching from the moisture, you can't keep it tuned long enough to play a proper song.
((Sorry for absence. Dead week and Taco smuggling.))

Merik took in the scenery and growled. The party of adventurers he'd signed on with apparently consisted a robot who didn't know where to put his feet, a foxy healer with a talent for making no sense, a hobo with a heavy weapon, a war-priest who couldn't fight, a fat man with a cane, and, of course, himself.
   This was not going to be the best expedition.

"Frozen hells," Merik muttered, knocking an arrow to his bow but waiting to draw. "I'm going to scout ahead. If I find any trouble I'm going to use the rest of you as bait."

Scout forward, stealthy, but quick. Stay close to buildings, but never get in a position where I can get ambushed in melee. Avoid windows.

Merik agi: 6+2
moving down the road in perfect silence, Merik soon picks up on the clicking noise Pantagruel heard earlier. after a few moments, he realizes that it's not just one sound, it's a lot different ones coming from approaching sources, too many to accurately count by sound alone, but you'd guess at least twenty sources, probably more. whatever the source of that noise is, it's moving fast and is going to be upon you soon (next turn). the buildings near you appear to have once been a couple inns, a tavern, and some kind of shop for travel gear. all intended to handle visitors from out of town. they also appear to have been forced open, and you can see bloodstains and scratchings all over them, their interiors wrecked and tumbled. no bodies though.
"Hm, why did someone break into this warehouse but not the others? There might have been something important in there, hold on a moment."

Carefully check out the inside of the Textiles warehouse. Abort if the group decides to move on without me.
Raynen slips into the textiles warehouse though the side door and looks it over. its pretty clearly been raided already, someone's already taken all the black and dark gray fabrics, as well as a lot of the heavier cloth and insulation used for heavy clothes. oddly enough the expensive stuff has been left nearly untouched, you could get yourself all decked out in purple silk if you wanted too, no problem.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:36:48 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2013, 05:36:29 am »

((I'm glad I'm not seeing what Joe and the rest are. That's..pretty strange. O_o))

Akari looked at Renard with a mixed expression of confusion and curiosity about the place. "The rest are 'exploring' the closest buildings and our leader is busy on ahead. If you don't mind, I'll just erect a simple alarm from that corner to that corner," she said, gesturing at the edges of the buildings at their front. "If anyone else but Sue passes over that line, then it'll emit a painful, loud sound--just a normal precaution. Granted, I'll be doing a deafening charm on the rest of us, and I doubt those in the warehouse would mind a bit of noise."

Erect alarm line, and create a shield from noise over my and Renard's ears.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2013, 07:55:51 am »

((Hmm....well I'm just going to assume the ninja is friendly and that this is our escape route.))

Joe asks Pantagruel to gather the others here, preferably quietly, and then starts gathering as much booze as he possibly can, drinking some hastily and lugging as much extra as possible.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 04, 2013, 08:01:34 am »

Quietly gather the people inside the warehouse unless they mind. United we stand, divided we fall!

Also, does the ninja fellow look to be alive?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2013, 11:42:47 am »

Also, does the ninja fellow look to be alive?
yes he does.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2013, 03:53:37 pm »

"I see what you're trying to do, lady fox, but wouldn't it be more prudent to simply join our comrades in the warehouse without putting up a trap that may alert the entire cityblock to our presence here?"

join everyone in the warehouse, and keep down and away from the windows

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2013, 05:21:00 pm »

"We can run and get attention off Sue. That's what he wanted, is it not?"

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 05, 2013, 06:10:24 pm »

"Hm, interesting. Whoever broke into this warehouse was definitely more interested in practical clothing than just looting to sell things. Well, at least now we know there's people still alive."

Rejoin the others, mention my findings.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2013, 06:25:23 pm »

((Bad weather here, I may be unable to post for a while, possibly several days if I roll a one. I would run the turn right now so you wouldn't risk having to wait but Merik's decision of what to do really matters.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2013, 07:19:13 pm »

((Bad weather here, I may be unable to post for a while, possibly several days if I roll a one. I would run the turn right now so you wouldn't risk having to wait but Merik's decision of what to do really matters.))

((Likewise. SNOW.))

Merik stood stock still. His approach had been silent, now he hoped he could remain silent long enough for the noises to move past him. Or, at the very least, close enough to kill.

Wait. I didn't make any noise getting here, so odds are these things are oblivious to my presence. Wait it out, but be ready to lose the bow and draw the sword if the engagement drops to melee.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2013, 11:26:42 pm »

Merik stood stock still. His approach had been silent, now he hoped he could remain silent long enough for the noises to move past him. Or, at the very least, close enough to kill.

Wait. I didn't make any noise getting here, so odds are these things are oblivious to my presence. Wait it out, but be ready to lose the bow and draw the sword if the engagement drops to melee.
ok, Merik is going to get a personal miniturn for this, because not enough time is going to have passed for a proper turn before he's going to need to make a decision.

Merik waits silently at the side of the cobbled road, listening to the onrushing sound grow louder, and more defined, until he sees shapes in the mist approaching him and the sound resolves itself into the sound of bone on stone. An instant later the shapes prove to be a large, running formation of skeletal undead, mostly unclothed, a few in tattered rags. He doesn't have the time to notice details on the equipment of more than the front 15 or so, but the front group appears to all be armed with blades and some kind of throwing weapon, either an axe or a javelin.
Skels 1-15 per:
num of 6's: 1
num of 5's: 2
num of 4's: 5
num of 3's: 3
num of 2's: 3
num of 1's: 1
luckily, only one of them sees you at the same time as you see them, and throws its javelin at you.
skel agi: 4-1
and it misses, it looks like the rest of the formation saw what it was aiming for though, since another ten of them are readying themselves to throw, and this is only the first group. you can see still more running down the road towards you.

Looks like you have a problem.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:28:40 pm by Lenglon »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 05, 2013, 11:30:34 pm »

((Was nice knowing you Draignean :P))

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33