Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58174 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 16) Might be bringing in waitlisters soon.
« Reply #285 on: December 11, 2013, 12:29:37 am »

((fuck-huge spear is still there, a direct clean hit by a javlin goes right through light armor plating... goes right through heavy armor plating too.))

((Oh good, then I can keep my current action of painfully ramming it out of my body.))
((Well, for what it's worth, I fully approve of your choice of tactic.))

((Thank God I'm not human, eh?))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 11, 2013, 12:47:17 am »

Unarmed, probably unarmored. Great. I hate this time of the month. And its not even that time yet.

Akari looked back to count the numbers.

...They're skeletons, not emaciated people.
What in the nine rings of heaven holds them up like that?! If they're only constructs, then it'd be easy t-

*wooshing sound*
..Aw crud. I think that was my self-preservation running.

She glanced towards where her presumed allies were.
I am not patching them up again. Curse this. I wonder if I can-...
Akari broke into a run, figuring that whatever type of sense those creatures used were visually by sight--though no eyes did she see in their empty heads--and chose to direct the chase away from where the warehouses were.
Do they abide by fear or..oh goddess please help me.

Run! Run away from those things, and from the warehouses! Measure how much of a headache I have!
"Under attack!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 11, 2013, 01:08:30 am »

Measure how much of a headache I have!
((Overdid it while casting headache: -1 to will and per until rested
Dizzy/semi-stunned from loud ringing: -1 to agi and per for one turn))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 11, 2013, 01:19:40 am »

"Good, someone friendly. Or at least not immediately hostile.", Raynen mentioned, though it was somewhat drowned out by the noise outside. Moving over to where the ninja was hiding, Raynen decided to do likewise. Once the noise had died down, he whispered, "There's a couple members of our group still out in the street, is there a reasonable chance of saving them, or are they pretty much dead?"

Hide, don't make too much noise.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Storm's Coming Turn 17) Watch where you're running!
« Reply #289 on: December 11, 2013, 07:24:51 pm »

Don't let anyone know we're here. It is a secret.
Be weally weally qwuiet
"Good, someone friendly. Or at least not immediately hostile.", Raynen mentioned, though it was somewhat drowned out by the noise outside. Moving over to where the ninja was hiding, Raynen decided to do likewise. Once the noise had died down, he whispered, "There's a couple members of our group still out in the street, is there a reasonable chance of saving them, or are they pretty much dead?"

Hide, don't make too much noise.
Happens, you hear lots of movement and the clatter of weapons and bone on the cobbled stone outside.
Joe mutters something about "but me boooooooze" before being dragged down and presumably having his mouth covered.
"Booze later, hide now"
((Ouch, well, he was designed to be an unlikely bastard. Feel sorry for his alter ego though.))

Merik hissed in pain. His armor seemed utterly worthless against the skeleton's weapons, and the pain... The pain made him angry. There were, however, advantaged to being functionally immortal. He twisted against a wall and slammed backward, driving the spear the rest of the way through him. Barbs are only meant to catch in one direction. Then keep running. If he collapsed, and he probably will, he resolved to try to write and write a note in blood. "Stitch me up. feed me blood."
Merik tou: 6-1
Merik luk: ??
Merik spd: 5-1
skel pursuit:
2 crash into each other and tumble to the ground, left behind.
1 catches Merik
1 keeps pace
the one that was keeping pace last turn catches up to the one keeping pace this turn.
Skel str: 6-1
Merik is trained at dodging swords: Skel agi: 6-1 vs Merik agi: 3+2
Merik luk: ??
Merik turns his back to the wall and slams backward as hard as he can, sending the javelin in him the rest of the way through and out the other side accompanied by a marvelous symphony of pain. Despite this, the now bleeding profously Merik just turns and keeps right on running. In their pursuit, two of the skeletons crash into each other and tumble into the ground, left behind and forgotten by the remaining individuals in the chase. However, one of the skeletons catches up with merik and attempts to hamstring him with its sword, but merik manages to just barely slip away from the tip of the blade unscathed.
You're getting pretty lost by the way.
Unarmed, probably unarmored. Great. I hate this time of the month. And its not even that time yet.

Akari looked back to count the numbers.

...They're skeletons, not emaciated people.
What in the nine rings of heaven holds them up like that?! If they're only constructs, then it'd be easy t-

*wooshing sound*
..Aw crud. I think that was my self-preservation running.

She glanced towards where her presumed allies were.
I am not patching them up again. Curse this. I wonder if I can-...
Akari broke into a run, figuring that whatever type of sense those creatures used were visually by sight--though no eyes did she see in their empty heads--and chose to direct the chase away from where the warehouses were.
Do they abide by fear or..oh goddess please help me.

Run! Run away from those things, and from the warehouses! Measure how much of a headache I have!
"Under attack!"
axe throws:
1 hit
3 miss
Akari dodge: autofail, agi too low.
Akari tou: 6-2
Akari spd: 5-2
Skel pursuit:
3 pull a three stooges triple-shoulder-slam-tumble-to-ground
1 is gaining on her.
Akari is clipped in the left shoulder by a thrown axe as she reorients herself and turns to run for it, every action feeling like it's taking an eternity. still, she lucks out during the pursuit, although she doesn't see why, she hears a loud clatter behind her as she runs, and when she glances behind herself there is only one skeleton in pursuit, and her head is clearing somewhat from the ringing, though it still aches rather horribly.
Currently you're running parallel to the wall, along the outer edge of the warehouses (you didn't have a route available that avoided all of them.)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 17) Watch where you're running!
« Reply #290 on: December 11, 2013, 07:35:18 pm »

Joe quietly pouts in the corner, eyeing the booze longingly.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 11, 2013, 07:41:40 pm »

"There's a couple members of our group still out in the street, is there a reasonable chance of saving them, or are they pretty much dead?"
"If they get caught they're dead. Last time we killed a patrol and hung around to watch, the captain showed up with a group of eighty or so to curbstomp us."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 11, 2013, 07:54:01 pm »

((Lenglon reminded me to finish my character, so I have. Mostly. I intend to expand on that background stuff some.

For the record, I remember very little about what this RtD is. I'll try to catch up, um...some time next week, probably. Maybe Friday.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 11, 2013, 08:43:19 pm »

((That 'ninja' seems to be very well versed in modern-esque neologism. :P
Though I'd prefer not calling him a ninja due to my nagging lore-sense. He ain't looked down to by our society!
Also I believe I didn't see what said skeleton is holding, yes? Anyways.. :3))
Akari traced her steps back from her position--seeing the path as clear as her memory followed--and breathed in the cold, foggy air and smelled a scent that triggered her vivid dream.
The smell of blood.
The scent; familiar as it was to her, the feeling of now and before was blurred, seen with holism, but from another's eye.
She faced the lone skeleton and felt the tinge of the burning flame creep along her right hand. Her body straightened and she adopted a stance resembling a readied sword.
She remembers.

On an airship, about a thousand feet and more above the snowy caps of the northern mountains, her memories traveled. She was with another party, and in another battle--back when she explored the land with frivolity, carefree of all labors but that which was needed to sustain herself. The near glance of death met her during that day, but all were safe and sound, save for most of the casualties beforehand.

She knew this wouldn't be the day.

"I am not afraid to die."

Purge this alley of the skeletal filth, then rest a while.
If possible, and if this all works out cleanly (and I am rested), examine my wound.
Head back, if all is stable.

Where are your allies when you need them.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 11, 2013, 09:16:27 pm »

((That 'ninja' seems to be very well versed in modern-esque neologism. :P
Though I'd prefer not calling him a ninja due to my nagging lore-sense. He ain't looked down to by our society!
Also I believe I didn't see what said skeleton is holding, yes? Anyways.. :3))
((Skeleton is holding a single sword, he threw his axe earlier.

and I'm calling him a ninja simply for his appearance. you don't know anything else about him. for all you know he could be a necromancer in cahoots with or in control of the skeletons outside.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 11, 2013, 09:21:22 pm »

((So, he's not dressed like a Japanese peasant then?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 11, 2013, 09:24:27 pm »

I never remember signing up- sorry, but I'm gonna wait a bit before joining this... am active in so many other rtds. Just leave me on the waitlist, please.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 11, 2013, 09:24:47 pm »

Quote from: Memory click
Skeleton is holding a single sword, he threw his axe earlier.
"You hear me? I'm not afraid of you! Fight me like a man!"

and I'm calling him a ninja simply for his appearance. you don't know anything else about him. for all you know he could be a necromancer in cahoots with or in control of the skeletons outside.))
((I got that, silly :P I mean, the getup of lightly clothed garments and probable what may be a scarf or bandana..mhmm.))

((So, he's not dressed like a Japanese peasant then?))
((...This is subjective. How do you think a Japanese peasant is dressed? :I))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2013, 09:34:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 11, 2013, 09:37:16 pm »

((...OK, now I'm further believing that picture than what I imagine. Lenglon cooould work on description :P [Teehee~]))
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33