Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58213 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 15) Ninjas!
« Reply #270 on: December 06, 2013, 12:19:03 am »

((Pessimist! :I
Go Sue! :D))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 06, 2013, 01:19:58 am »

((Who's Sue?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 06, 2013, 06:57:30 am »

((Who's Sue?))
((Sue Merik, Sue is his first name.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 06, 2013, 10:44:42 am »

((Well, that's what I get for writing in an action in five minutes.))

Merik turned and ran. He wasn't a coward, and it would be really difficult for them to actually kill him, but something about the idea of being pincushioned by a group of undead just didn't appeal. He needed a bottleneck, somewhere he could trap them and negate their range advantage.
   Of course, right now he needed to avoid getting pointy pieces of metal stuck through all his joints.

Zig zag through the alleys at a sprint, heading a bit west of the direction I came from. If I get enough of a lead, go silent and try to lose them before heading back to the warehouses with the rest of the party.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2013, 02:08:36 am »

((sorry about the delays, should be able to finally run the turn tomorrow when I'm back with my notes.))

Edit: Loading...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:04:05 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Storm's Coming Turn 16) Might be bringing in waitlisters soon.
« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2013, 02:50:42 am »

((Well, that's what I get for writing in an action in five minutes.))

Merik turned and ran. He wasn't a coward, and it would be really difficult for them to actually kill him, but something about the idea of being pincushioned by a group of undead just didn't appeal. He needed a bottleneck, somewhere he could trap them and negate their range advantage.
   Of course, right now he needed to avoid getting pointy pieces of metal stuck through all his joints.

Zig zag through the alleys at a sprint, heading a bit west of the direction I came from. If I get enough of a lead, go silent and try to lose them before heading back to the warehouses with the rest of the party.
Skels 1->10 throw weapons:
3 hits
3 miss
4 crit-fail
crit-fail skel luk: ??
Merik attempts to dodge:
Merik spd: 2-3
Weapon: javelin
Merik tou: 3-1
Merik tou: 1-1
Merik spd: 6-3
weapon: axe
Merik tou: 5-1
Merik spd: 1-3
weapon: javelin
Merik tou: 5-1
Merik's escape attempt:
Merik spd: 4 - 1
Skels pursuit:
4 go faster
1 keeps even
6 fall behind and abandon pursuit
Merik attempts to turn and run, his retreat punctuated by the clatter of weapons striking the cobblestones and walls beside him, but isn't quite fast enough, and is struck three times, a javelin and a handaxe each rip apart one of his arms as they pass through, leaving both of them bleeding profously and dangling limp by his side, but even worse one barbed javelin lodges itself squarely in his lower torso, and he can feel its tip just barely under the skin, having nearly gone clean through him. despite the horrendous pain and akeward feeling of having a pole sticking out his back, the handle's weight working like a lever to drive the tips barbs further up through his torso and leaving him even worse than before with the impact of every step he takes, Merik manages to ride the incredibly massive rush of adrenaline he's currently feeling long enough to dash down a side alley, and only five of the skeletons, now without their throwing weapons, continue to pursue him down the alley. still, he's getting noticeably worse with every instant, his legs feeling like lead weights and every step taking more and more effort. and he can hear the skeletons chasing him getting very, very close.
((I'm glad I'm not seeing what Joe and the rest are. That's..pretty strange. O_o))

Akari looked at Renard with a mixed expression of confusion and curiosity about the place. "The rest are 'exploring' the closest buildings and our leader is busy on ahead. If you don't mind, I'll just erect a simple alarm from that corner to that corner," she said, gesturing at the edges of the buildings at their front. "If anyone else but Sue passes over that line, then it'll emit a painful, loud sound--just a normal precaution. Granted, I'll be doing a deafening charm on the rest of us, and I doubt those in the warehouse would mind a bit of noise."

Erect alarm line, and create a shield from noise over my and Renard's ears.
Akari will: 2-1
Akari tou: 4-2
Akari attempts to set up an alarm line down the street in front of her, but can't seem to maintain her concentration with her raging headache and utterly botches the spell, setting off the alarm sound before she has set up a protective shield over her ears and without any real trigger, which reacts even further with her headache leaving her blurry, dizzy, and disoriented as a group of four skeletons armed with swords and a throwing axe charge down upon her, followed by another fifteen with swords and shields, and possibly still more behind those.
((Hmm....well I'm just going to assume the ninja is friendly and that this is our escape route.))

Joe asks Pantagruel to gather the others here, preferably quietly, and then starts gathering as much booze as he possibly can, drinking some hastily and lugging as much extra as possible.
Joe understands his priorities, and goes directly for the booze.
Joe luk: ??
turns out the keg he just tapped was cheep booze.
really cheep booze.
meaning that it might be able to pass for some watered down sailor's grog.
Joe ends up spitting out the filth that just passed through his mouth in disgust, this was the worst booze he's ever had, and hopefully ever will have, ever.
Quietly gather the people inside the warehouse unless they mind. United we stand, divided we fall!

Also, does the ninja fellow look to be alive?

"I see what you're trying to do, lady fox, but wouldn't it be more prudent to simply join our comrades in the warehouse without putting up a trap that may alert the entire cityblock to our presence here?"

join everyone in the warehouse, and keep down and away from the windows
"Hm, interesting. Whoever broke into this warehouse was definitely more interested in practical clothing than just looting to sell things. Well, at least now we know there's people still alive."

Rejoin the others, mention my findings.
Pantagruel helps Renard into the warehouse, and Raynen returns on his own, followed soon after by a sudden painfully loud ringing, as though some nutcase had gone crazy with some church bells 6 feet away. The "ninja" nods to the three of you before crouching down and rapidly walking up behind Joe and grabbing his shoulder and pulling him down and towards the backside of storage rack, half-yelling to be heard over the noise outside.
"Get down you moron! Don't let them know we're here!"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:54:35 am by Lenglon »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 16) Might be bringing in waitlisters soon.
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2013, 08:18:10 am »

Don't let anyone know we're here. It is a secret.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2013, 10:30:37 am »

Joe mutters something about "but me boooooooze" before being dragged down and presumably having his mouth covered.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2013, 10:49:06 am »

Be weally weally qwuiet

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2013, 09:56:05 pm »

((Ouch, well, he was designed to be an unlikely bastard. Feel sorry for his alter ego though.))

Merik hissed in pain. His armor seemed utterly worthless against the skeleton's weapons, and the pain... The pain made him angry. There were, however, advantaged to being functionally immortal. He twisted against a wall and slammed backward, driving the spear the rest of the way through him. Barbs are only meant to catch in one direction. Then keep running. If he collapsed, and he probably will, he resolved to try to write and write a note in blood. "Stitch me up. feed me blood."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 11, 2013, 12:06:58 am »

((Armor? what? one moment...
awww, crud, I forgot about that. I'm going to have to retcon to do right by you. one sec...))

ok, um, to save me some work and accounting, lets just go with only one arm getting ripped apart, your off-hand. the other was the axe-targeted arm, and it glanced off one of your armor plates, bruising it badly, but that's all.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:09:41 am by Lenglon »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 11, 2013, 12:10:54 am »

((Armor? what? one moment...
awww, crud, I forgot about that. I'm going to have to retcon to do right by you. one sec...))

ok, um, to save me some work and accounting, lets just go with only one arm getting ripped apart, your off-hand. the other was the axe-targeted arm, and it glanced off one of your armor plates, bruising it badly, but that's all.

((By one arm, do you mean one arm is my total damage, or do you mean one arm and the fuck-huge spear through my back?))
---

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 11, 2013, 12:11:55 am »

((fuck-huge spear is still there, a direct clean hit by a javlin goes right through light armor plating... goes right through heavy armor plating too.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 11, 2013, 12:13:44 am »

((fuck-huge spear is still there, a direct clean hit by a javlin goes right through light armor plating... goes right through heavy armor plating too.))

((Oh good, then I can keep my current action of painfully ramming it out of my body.))
---

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 11, 2013, 12:17:53 am »

((Oh good, then I can keep my current action of painfully ramming it out of my body.))
((Well, for what it's worth, I fully approve of your choice of tactic.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33