Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58171 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?
« on: November 02, 2013, 11:51:17 pm »

Spoiler: Obligitory warning (click to show/hide)
From all walks of... life? Hell, do you people even walk? Anyway, from all over the place you get crazy folks. People crazy enough to want to take over the world, or to save it from those that do. People crazy enough to arm-wrestle a golem, and crazy enough to try again afterwards. People crazy enough to become wizards, or even volunteer to work with one. People, well, in this case, people crazy enough to go waltzing into a giant coastal super-city they've never been to before, that just last week suddenly stopped trading with anyone, that is constantly covered in thick fog, blocks all attempts at divinations, and according to a couple nitwits who went in there and got out again is crawling with undead. And these crazy fools, you crazy fools, are going to go in there, and try to figure out what happened and what you can do about it. Yeah, yeah, the reward money may be pretty big, and it's hard to turn down a full pardon for any and all crimes, and yes times of trouble often hold the fastest roads to power, but you can't enjoy any of that if you're dead. I really have no clue what's wrong with you people.
Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Numbers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Turn 1 - Introductions
Turn 2 - Best Drawing Evar
Turn 3
Turn 4 - Into the Mist
Turn 5 - The negotiations were short
Turn 6 - Pick your targets people!
Turn 7 - Failure for Everyone!
Turn 8 - The RNG is pleased with ye
Turn 9 - Naptime!
Turn 10 - Where enemies roll nothing but ones
Turn 11 - Time to murder a wall
Turn 12 - Looting
Turn 13 - Into the City
Turn 14 - Warehouses
Turn 15 - Ninjas!
Turn 16 - Might be bringing in waitlisters soon.
Turn 17 - Watch where you're running!
Turn 18 - Turning to fight.
Turn 19
Turn 20 - Wherein things get from bad to worse
Turn 21 - What?
Turn 22 - And we're down to four
Turn 23 - And we're back up to six
Turn 24 - It all comes crashing down
Turn 25 - I'm sorry, did you just say it couldn't get worse?
Turn 26 - What now?
Turn 27 - Nothing is ever simple is it.
Turn 28 - Um, what are we doing again?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:10:26 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 11:51:40 pm »

Active Characters:
Spoiler: Joe <BFEL> (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Renard <Pancaek> (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Angel <GreatWyrmGold> (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raynen <Nicholas1024> (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Akari Talria <Tiruin> (click to show/hide)

MIA characters:
Spoiler: Sue Merik <Draignean> (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:
Spoiler: Rune <Coolrune206> (click to show/hide)

Idle Waitlisters (passed their turn):
Spoiler: Lacri Ventose <Errol> (click to show/hide)

Dead Characters:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:59:57 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 11:51:56 pm »

Spoiler: Currency (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:24:21 am by Lenglon »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 12:29:47 am »

EDIT: NEVERMIND JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING EPIC:

Spoiler: something epic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:39:42 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 01:36:40 am »

This interests me.
Spoiler: Ye Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Honestly, looking back over the character sheet, I feel like Einstenian Roulette inspired it far more than I originally realized.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 01:45:00 am »

Spoiler: Pantagruel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:35:31 am by Harry Baldman »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 02:28:26 am »

Spoiler: Sue (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:35:45 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 04:27:32 am »

Spoiler: Lacri Ventose (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:26:50 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 04:40:08 am »

-edited- last character change, a more serious character this time

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:48:11 pm by Pancaek »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 04:43:07 am »

omg Lenglon RTD.

Edit: Draignean is being creative. :P

Spoiler: Akari Talria (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:30:42 am by Tiruin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 07:34:06 am »

Don't worry, you still have over a day to work up your sheets. in my timezone I posted the thread at midnight sunday morning, I'm not picking sheets until midnight tuesday morning at the earliest.

BFEL: I'm totally fine with your minigun, but I'm having trouble making a mental picture of how the thing pumps radiation into the user/targets. does it simply emit it in all directions and fire a radiation beam or are we talking glowing pulses of radiation going out and a tube pumping stuff into your arm or something else? A picture would be awesome if you have one.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 07:45:41 am »

Don't worry, you still have over a day to work up your sheets. in my timezone I posted the thread at midnight sunday morning, I'm not picking sheets until midnight tuesday morning at the earliest.

BFEL: I'm totally fine with your minigun, but I'm having trouble making a mental picture of how the thing pumps radiation into the user/targets. does it simply emit it in all directions and fire a radiation beam or are we talking glowing pulses of radiation going out and a tube pumping stuff into your arm or something else? A picture would be awesome if you have one.
Hmmm. I suppose I imagined it as a sorta "it magically increases the users radiation sickness with each round" kinda deal. Naturally the impact of a single round would be fairly tiny, because FUCKING MINIGUN, but a sustained rate of fire can leave Hobo Joe fairly weakened. And then he kicks someone and he gets better :P
I suppose it IS hard to visualize. But then RL radiation generally isn't visible. Well except that small spectrum bouncing off your eyes while you read this. But the harmful stuff usually is invisible.
Note: I got this concept from a random superhero generator a few weeks ago when someone was running a thread using that. The idea was too awesome to pass up. I'll see if I can root around and find the original result, it included a pet honey badger and was overall hilarious.
EDIT: I FOUND IT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Granted a lot of that is nonsense, but the character concept is in there, and is completely awesome.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:57:36 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 04:56:57 pm »

omg Lenglon RTD.

RESERVE!!!

Edit: Draignean is being creative. :P

It's been a while since I've run a completely ridiculous character.
In all honesty, that sheet owes a lot more to being posted at 2AM than I care to admit.

I'm still not sure whether he changes personalities yet. I mean, werewolves traditionally become bloodthirsty killers when they transform, regardless of their initial personality, so... If Merik transforms into a woman, then...
I have no idea what I'm doing.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 07:05:16 pm »

Plan: Go for maximum Luck.

Spoiler: Angel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:52:09 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 07:44:56 pm »

You can't go below zero on a stat gwg, and i really, really suggest you have at least a 1 in everything. remember at 0 you're taking a -5 penalty on all rolls. you can't even stand up under your own weight at zero.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33