Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115598 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2013, 10:46:36 am »

I'm gonna do a bit of feat swapping; I'm swapping combat casting for arcane thesis(magic missile), as well as swapping easy metamagic(quicken) for easy metamagic(twin) so I can go ahead and start storming on a small scale (Both are requirements for this build, but I can use my 9th level feat and my 10th level bonus feat for this)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2013, 10:49:17 am »

A healer, or perhaps a weather caster. Maybe even both.
Edit: Remuthra, what kind of terrain do the islands have, and can we get an updated rule summary in the first post?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:51:02 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2013, 10:51:23 am »

I'm not one of those aficionados, but the most overpowered stuff I've seen or theorized has been from Dragon Magazine.
Wizard 20 with Shapechange.
Cleric 20 with Miracle.
Druid 20 without any spells at all.
Now add Dragon Magazine feats, like Easy Metamagic, which is strictly better than Practical Metamagic, a feat for a, in general, weaker class that has more requirements.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2013, 10:53:15 am »

Anyway, about to leave for work. Here is my sheet so far. Its just ability scores and skills. I don't want to do my items until I know if we are buying a boat, and how many people are splitting the cost with me. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=692184

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2013, 11:01:42 am »

I think Tryrar made a wizard, so we're good on that front.

And depending on Remutha's ruling on those house rules I found means my character ideas are up in the air for now.
Well, crossbow thing is definitely in. I'm really hesitant on giving mages even more power. I think I said before that the general section was fine without the banned spells. Combined skills are out. Untrained knowledge checks are in. Intelligence retroactivity is in. Crafting change is fine.
Feat rules 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, and 15 are in. Don't abuse them or you will face the Wrath of the GM (Think difficulty spike). Magic items cannot be destroyed by normal means, so if you really want to do that you'll have to get some special help.
Item rules 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, and 10 are in. I will include the extra WBL if you really want it, but that will entail me also increasing the difficulty of everything to compensate. Magic items have no caps. Finesse still needs the feat, because that makes Dexterity a bit of a god stat.
More Changes rules 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 are in. In order to benefit from 11 and 12, you must train under someone who actually knows what they're doing.
Class Changes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, and 17 are in. Free LA buyoff will be available on a case by case basis. See the section on Feat Rule accepts.

Do we got a healer? I guess we have enough starting cash to get some wands if we have to.

Also, starting on my sheet, and I have a few questions for the GM:

1: Flavorwise, what gods in the area (of any race) are suitable for Druids and/or pirates?
2: Can I substitute a Druid's proficiency with a weapon for proficiency with a Rapier or Spiked Chain? I need to grab Weapon Finesse to get Dread Pirate, and those just fit my character background better than any light weapon on the Druid List.
3: Do you trust us to just go to Random.org and roll our own HP? Do you have a roller in mind? If you want to roll for me, I have six levels of Druid with a CON bonus of +3.

Also, who is going in with me to buy the boat? Or does the GM just want to give us one for a high seas adventure?
1: Whatever ones you want. They're not picky. However, it should be noted that the elves worship their God-queen and nothing else, and you are free to make your own dieties.
2: Nope, but you can get the Weapon Proficiency feats for those or use Rule 12 of the More Changes.
3: I trust you not to fudge, but it never hurts to use Invisible Castle to avoid suspicion.
I can't just give you a boat, but perhaps you could either buy one, steal one, or have one custom built. In fact, I would prefer that you built your own ship.

Also, it should be noted that in this world, every time you use improper grammar a demon is summoned to the Material Plane somewhere.
A healer, or perhaps a weather caster. Maybe even both.
Edit: Remuthra, what kind of terrain do the islands have, and can we get an updated rule summary in the first post?
It varies, but generally they are temperate and rather rocky. Most of the inland spots have decent fertility, and some of the less inhabited islands are fairly heavily forested. The center island, where Wavebreak is, is basically one big bleak mountain. And sure thing.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2013, 11:04:04 am »

Anyway, about to leave for work. Here is my sheet so far. Its just ability scores and skills. I don't want to do my items until I know if we are buying a boat, and how many people are splitting the cost with me. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=692184

I'm dish for a ship.

vikingar
"Vikingar" is the (Scandinavian/)Swedish plural. "Vikings" is the English way.
Love, scriver~

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2013, 11:07:52 am »

Off to work. Everybody who wants to go in on a ship, and be part of the crew as their background PM me. We can work out cost division and backgrounds when I get back.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2013, 11:11:48 am »

Alternatively, you can go with my character and not be part of the crew of a guy who murders his crew as inspiration.
*Thumbs-up, camera-face smile*
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2013, 11:14:03 am »

Damnit. I didn't get in on this in time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2013, 11:14:35 am »

Damnit. I didn't get in on this in time.
You didn't?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2013, 11:16:20 am »

If there's still room after six pages of OOC I will be surprised.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2013, 11:18:46 am »

Well, mages were banned in that campaign, so the changes make a little more sense with that.

Anyway, mind posting the houseruls you accepted into the OP? Kinda getting a little confused since they weren't numbered in the original post.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2013, 11:20:57 am »

I do the no first come first served thing, and I also am willing to expand my party size to accommodate more people. You're good.

Well, mages were banned in that campaign, so the changes make a little more sense with that.

Anyway, mind posting the houseruls you accepted into the OP? Kinda getting a little confused since they weren't numbered in the original post.
I will once I get more time. Until then, just count bullets.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2013, 11:21:27 am »

I'm not one of those aficionados, but the most overpowered stuff I've seen or theorized has been from Dragon Magazine.
Wizard 20 with Shapechange.
Cleric 20 with Miracle.
Druid 20 without any spells at all.
Now add Dragon Magazine feats, like Easy Metamagic, which is strictly better than Practical Metamagic, a feat for a, in general, weaker class that has more requirements.
A tank with a few infantrymen on top is more dangerous than one without.
Which is more dangerous, the tank or a few infantrymen?

Also, it should be noted that in this world, every time you use improper grammar a demon is summoned to the Material Plane somewhere.
How powerful of a demon?
Is it possible to predict where from the grammar abused and other factors?
Are you regretting saying that yet?

vikingar
"Vikingar" is the (Scandinavian/)Swedish plural. "Vikings" is the English way.
Why do you think I italicized it?
I had a point about using the culture's name for the culture's raiders, but it's a bit fuzzy now.

Off to work. Everybody who wants to go in on a ship, and be part of the crew as their background PM me. We can work out cost division and backgrounds when I get back.
I'll keep that in mind...how many folks were considering that?

There's what, half a dozen folks here? Few of whom submitted actual character sheets?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2013, 11:25:33 am »

How powerful of a demon?
Is it possible to predict where from the grammar abused and other factors?
Are you regretting saying that yet?
It depends on the seriousness of the grammar offense and the Intelligence score of the player. The more forbidden knowledge you are privy to, the more the Abyss expects you to know better.
Yes, but that would require one to invent and establish several measuring devices and make a Knowledge (Arcana) check.
No, and in addition you have forced me to make this canon.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57