Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115608 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2013, 11:57:03 am »

Anyway, someone have a link to a point-buy calcuator? Kinda lost mine so...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2013, 12:01:14 pm »

* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2013, 12:07:27 pm »

And yes, since I'm messing with them anyway.
I'd quite like to play a half-bronze, but, well, half-dragon. Would it be acceptable if I used the Pathfinder Half-dragon, only with Lightning Immunity swapped for Water Breathing?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2013, 12:08:08 pm »

Also, I was actually thinking of the Archivist, not Factotum. But I will do neither! We need...like...a skill-monkey, a tank(I rarely consider barbarians tanks), and we have 2 to 3 out of 5 spell casting roles covered, I just don't know what they are. Healer, controller, buffer, blaster, utility. Warmage would be fun to play. I always liked the idea. I can get nice precious Heavy Armor soon in it, too. I do wish Mage Armor stacked with it however.
We've got a Magic Missile wizard. I'm not sure exactly what I want to be...I could be a tankish guy, but I said I'd be a healer...

OHMIGOD STOP IT
While you were typing 5 new replies have been posted
While you were typing 2 new replies have been posted
While you were typing a new reply has been posted

Jeezus

And while those are exaggerations (albeit real screen shots)...TA and RotMG do have major ninja problems.

Idea: Can we present to you our variant ideas for adjusted races and whatnot? I think it'd be fun to play an orc or half-orc, but the uneven ability bonus/penalties...bleh. Barely any racial abilities, either.
If you're going for rulesy stuff in Core, 80-90% of the time you will want to play a human (best bonuses) or a dwarf or elf (most bonuses), although halflings (also a lot of bonuses, plus Small) aren't uncommon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2013, 12:09:38 pm »

And kobolds are actually fairly decent, iirc.
Though I am not an impartial judge on that one.
Edit: Although of course they're not technically core, so nevermind that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2013, 12:10:29 pm »

Harbinger, I'm already going half-dragon. More the merrier though. There IS a base D&D template for half-dragons though: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Half-Dragon

And thank you Kansa.

EDIT: HArb, they're good when you don't play them like GWG did with his. (AKA realize you are small fish amongst sharks.)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2013, 12:14:35 pm »

And yes, since I'm messing with them anyway.
I'd quite like to play a half-bronze, but, well, half-dragon. Would it be acceptable if I used the Pathfinder Half-dragon, only with Lightning Immunity swapped for Water Breathing?
I would prefer you used the 3.5e version. Also, if you take a half-dragon with an aquatic nature, you can get water breathing and a swim speed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2013, 12:19:23 pm »

My optimization problems with Drak had nothing to do with the fact that he was a kobold. They had to do with the fact that an octopus with an understanding of D&D rules could optimize better than me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2013, 12:24:33 pm »

I can optimize if I have a guidebook...i tend to be a simulationist, so I like having stuff for every contingency, too. I also get annoyed with how EXP works. You learn from failure, not success(or at least more than success). And how a level 10 cleric who's never gardened a day in his life will be a better farmer(without using magic, mind you) than someone who actually does that for a living. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2013, 12:27:30 pm »

I can optimize if I have a guidebook...i tend to be a simulationist, so I like having stuff for every contingency, too. I also get annoyed with how EXP works. You learn from failure, not success(or at least more than success). And how a level 10 cleric who's never gardened a day in his life will be a better farmer(without using magic, mind you) than someone who actually does that for a living. >.>
How do you know that the farmer isn't a level 20 Agriculturist?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2013, 12:33:57 pm »

I would prefer you used the 3.5e version. Also, if you take a half-dragon with an aquatic nature, you can get water breathing and a swim speed.
Well, Bronzes have the water subtype, half-bronzes just aren't one of the ones that the RoD decided to give Water Breathing to, and I don't really like the fluff on the ones that are.
Never mind, though, I'll just take Draconic.

Harbinger, I'm already going half-dragon. More the merrier though. There IS a base D&D template for half-dragons though: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Half-Dragon
I'm aware of the 3.5 Half-Dragon template. That's why I asked if I could use the Pathfinder one.

They had to do with the fact that an octopus with an understanding of D&D rules could optimize better than me.
Also it would get a +8 racial bonus on swim, type and grapple (rules).

How many level 10 clerics take profession (farmer)?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2013, 12:35:43 pm »

More than take Profession (Harlot), and less than take Knowledge (nature), presumably.
Sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2013, 12:36:21 pm »

My optimization problems with Drak had nothing to do with the fact that he was a kobold. They had to do with the fact that an octopus with an understanding of D&D rules could optimize better than me.
And it wasn't the optimization that was his problem though :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2013, 12:39:48 pm »

Well, Bronzes have the water subtype, half-bronzes just aren't one of the ones that the RoD decided to give Water Breathing to, and I don't really like the fluff on the ones that are.
Never mind, though, I'll just take Draconic.
Then you can have the same Water Breathing the Bronze Dragon normally has.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2013, 12:40:05 pm »

How do you know that the farmer isn't a level 20 Agriculturist?

I'm saying that the way the game mechanics work, the commoner who lives where he can try various things to improve his crops and find better ways to grow food and improve his own life because he has security, is actually going to be a worse farmer than the farmer who's class is actually soldier because he spends half his time beating the shit out of goblins coming to steal his corn. I think that's stupid.

It doesn't matter if he took profession (farmer) or not; his wisdom score is almost certainly high enough that he intuitively knows how to farm better than the average joe who's life is farming. And then he could have taken profession (farmer)

Anyway. I'm thinking of being a Scout, a Crusader, trying out one of the other ToB classes to see how the changes are, maybe a Ninja(I think they get Water Walk. :3), or I can be our resident mage-killer. Simply because I think it'd be fun to do. If i do, I would like to discuss the possibility of a custom prestige class with Remuthra(it says so! It suggests custom prestige classes in the book!). Maybe not one I could get yet, but still. And maybe some new enchantments. Anti-magic based ones. On the one hand, no buffs for me. On the other hand, no Phantom Killer. Or Fireball. :D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57