Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1947 1948 [1949] 1950 1951 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3131039 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #29220 on: January 21, 2014, 03:11:31 am »

((Characters are somewhere or other. I have no fucking idea. It's even more confusing than usual since some of them are in Egypt.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29221 on: January 21, 2014, 03:14:44 am »

<We're extracting data from the bracelets now. Seeing as that indicates that the distortion components still exist, it is unlikely that the units were jammed. Hence voluntary or mentally-manipulated removal is still the most likely reason.>

[To: Richard] <Are any of your allies able to assist?>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:18:14 am by Empiricist »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29222 on: January 21, 2014, 03:23:11 am »

<We're extracting data from the bracelets now. Seeing as that indicates that the distortion components still exist, it is unlikely that the units were jammed. Hence voluntary or mentally-manipulated removal is still the most likely reason.>

[To: Richard] <Are any of your allies able to assist?>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29223 on: January 21, 2014, 03:25:59 am »

>I'll grab my mates, but it seems unlikely if we're in bloody Egypt.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29224 on: January 21, 2014, 03:35:01 am »

[To: Richard] <Understood, do you think that the post rate of this threat may be undermining the RP? Whilst it does allow significantly faster character interactions, it comes at the cost of detail. I've noticed that the players use rudimentary descriptions such as "she looked upset" in place of less direct and more characterizing statements such as "she averted her now slightly downcast eyes, her hands curling and uncurling into fists whilst letting out a futilely muted sigh, somewhere between a hostility-ridden breath and a melancholic exhalation, lying somewhere in the midway point as a seemingly half-hearted attempt at condescension." which not only characterizes the character more, provides more room for interpretation and misinterpretation.">

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29225 on: January 21, 2014, 03:36:16 am »

((was playing skyrim. Back now))

Sen continues to follow Lily and group.

<So Lily was joined by two people, I'm flying too high to determine who they are.>

Sen continues to follow outside of attack range and high in the air.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29226 on: January 21, 2014, 03:43:32 am »

<Presumably other Riders or associates of Anima. More likely the latter.>
Cyrielle hoped that if she was correct, then one of them was Abraxas. For him to suddenly disappear and stop responding, well the word that came to mind first was "Hurt", but that wasn't right, perhaps if they were in an actual relationship and she was less apathetic, then maybe. "Irritating" was the next term, but she probably overused it, furthermore he had his reasons and they were perfectly understandable, especially considering that he likely had no say in the matter (he was presumably utilizing Anima's normally, so if she suddenly took it off, he wouldn't have been able to contact anyone even if he wanted to). ..."Jarring", that was a more appropriate term, not hearing his usual misanthropy and contrasting praise... it felt rather odd. Unlike Alfred, she couldn't stand silence, she'd rather the sound of her own dying breaths than the silence that would come after.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:45:26 am by Empiricist »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29227 on: January 21, 2014, 03:45:25 am »

<I can attempt to get closer and ask them, but that would put me into attack range. If they are on a mission, then I am just a liability and I don't doubt they would kill me if necessary. I am willing to risk it mind you.> Sen begins to get ready to fly faster.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29228 on: January 21, 2014, 04:14:06 am »

<Do not. I'd rather not cause anyone else's deaths.>
She was, again, equivocating. Whilst she did not want Sen to be harmed, she was apathetic to death a a result of being contracted. Or rather, she hoped she was. It was better than the alternative implication that she was desensitized and that even should this little faustian contract expire, presumably when she dies, she would regain some of her humanity. Hence she was not so much worried about causing death as much as finding out which was the cause of this apathy. Scared to look inside the cat's box so to speak.

It was actually somewhat amusing in a perverse way, that she would care about her humanity in spite of her misanthropy. Then again, perhaps even if it were that, it may be a boon rather than a detriment. Could it make her less human? Maybe. But she could keep her optimism in the face of others dying...

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29229 on: January 21, 2014, 04:24:11 am »

<As you wish.> Sen begins to follow behind them at the same pace she was keeping. She didn't know why she thought about helping Yuri's friends find Maria. She didn't even care about them. Sen sighs thinking she may have grown too attached to the group. She decided that if she finds Maria, she was going to have Yuri treat her to a few more magic books.

((don't know why but I think I like having paragraphs like that :/))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:26:21 am by Sanure »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29230 on: January 21, 2014, 04:49:41 am »

((Probably because it lets you get more inside the mind of the characters, their thought processes and personalities rather than having a few simplistic sentences typed out hurriedly in fear of getting ninja'd :P))

Ah, to hell with it. May as well ask. Normally, she'd be more cautious to expose her emotions, but Sen seemed trustworthy enough. At least, more trustworthy than most, after all, she even offered to risk her life in reconnaissance. Then again, it may have been a calculated risk, basing itself off of the overall idealism of the group, a question asked with heuristics backing a negative answer; an offer made for the sole purpose of being declined; little more than a rhetoric for the sake of gaining trust and betraying that in an opportune moment. For an ancient demon of knowledge, that probably wouldn't be too difficult.

...there it was again, cynicism leaking into her thoughts, like a venom being injected in her veins. Or was it paranoia? It was hard to tell sometimes, perhaps the two were alike, the former the rational, the latter the irrational. A sort of binary duality which the dead girl found beauty in. Perhaps it was incorrect, so what? The processes of internally debating it with herself was rewarding in its own right. It reminded her of her debates with Silica which sporadically interrupted latter as she read to the former in those thankfully few days where she couldn't even operate a laptop... Ah yes... she still remembered it, weakly asking to marry her should some sort of deus ex machina transpired. All in good, though grim, humor of course. But nevertheless something that could still be used to tease after her supernatural recovery.

A pang of regret resonated in her mind. She didn't communicate with her friends as often as she wanted to, if only they had bracelets... no. Perish that thought and resurrect it later; she already strayed too far from her original line of thinking.

Oh well, at least it was a pleasant reverie...

Now, where was she again?

...Ah yes, should she ask Sen? Probably, it was doubtful that such questions would expose any vulnerabilities even should the demon have infernal intentions.

[To: Sen] <I noticed that you didn't care too much for the people you killed, if you mind me asking, at what time did you stop caring about such matters? Was it a slow or fast transition?>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:59:34 am by Empiricist »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29231 on: January 21, 2014, 06:02:01 am »

[To:Cyrielle] <How odd of a question for you, Cyrielle. I suppose it was around the time I killed my only daughter. It was a very sudden realization.> Sen pondered for a while whether she should tell cyrielle how she felt when she came to her realization, but decided against it. It was better for her to learn on her own than to be instructed by a bitter demon. Sen then decided to tease Cyrielle a bit, [To:Cyrielle] <You know, Hyoma's family included some of the strongest summoners and diviners in the world and I eliminated them all. I still wonder why I let myself be caught by Yuri.>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #29232 on: January 21, 2014, 07:21:21 am »

Kyle steals Conny's bracelet for a second looking through the feed he left on his.

He returns it to Conny before realizing that he doesn't have... anyone's number. This makes him fluffed.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29233 on: January 21, 2014, 08:29:01 am »

"California, originally. Moved to Sydney, Australia when I was little."

"Oh, neat. Do you remember what it's like in California? I've never really been out of Australia..."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29234 on: January 21, 2014, 08:38:34 am »

<Well, I'd see if she had anything she really wanted to do with someone romantically and then I'd take her to do it. If that wasn't possible I'd take her to this nice quiet restaurant I know about, the owner owes me a favor, and get her a table that has paper on it, not something that's common there but they'll do it if you ask nicely, and also bring crayons and other art supplies for her to draw on the table with. Then we could have a nice quiet night just drawing and talking and stuff.>
<You have this very well-planned out. Two bits of advice: Selina's advanced a bit beyond crayons, and she can hear you when you play truth-or-dare in open channels.>

<Would that be like a double harem since I have one as well?>
<Kyle, at that point, with all the overlap...it would be easier to just call it "free love" and leave it there.>

<Hey guys. Couldn't you have Ashley or someone get me home while I leave my bracelet attached to Fluffy's tail and then we can get me back to him when needed?>
<You should keep a bracelet with you. The logistics of contacting you without one aren't appealing.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1947 1948 [1949] 1950 1951 ... 4748