Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1946 1947 [1948] 1949 1950 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3131277 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #29205 on: January 21, 2014, 01:07:31 am »

"Yeah, I know... Isn't odd how this house seems to have infinite space when we don't think about it but we can get anywhere if we know where to go?"

((You said associated with the gods. Kyle had a god living in him. I think he's associated with gods.))

((He doesn't anymore. He's not actually linked to one in any way anymore. So he couldn't sense it.))

She still seems a bit worried about Kyle.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #29206 on: January 21, 2014, 01:09:44 am »

((He still is associated with an outsider though.))

Kyle shrugs and goes off to some undefined place to relax.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29207 on: January 21, 2014, 01:10:55 am »

((He still is associated with an outsider though.))

Kyle shrugs and goes off to some undefined place to relax.

((My plot, my rules. He can't sense it since he's only connected to one in that they're acquaintances.))
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29208 on: January 21, 2014, 01:12:58 am »

((I think you just didn't really think about how many characters are associated with outsiders and are just making things up.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29209 on: January 21, 2014, 01:14:55 am »

((I think you just didn't really think about how many characters are associated with outsiders and are just making things up.))

((Nope. There's a specific reason they can sense it. You aren't currently connected to one, so you can't.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29210 on: January 21, 2014, 01:18:39 am »

((Kyle is always connected due to a deal with the family line though. Even if he couldn't get away like he can now that isn't changed. Otherwise Kyle would be a flat earth atheist.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29211 on: January 21, 2014, 01:27:14 am »

((Kyle is always connected due to a deal with the family line though. Even if he couldn't get away like he can now that isn't changed. Otherwise Kyle would be a flat earth atheist.))

((Hm... How exactly does that work? I need to know. Essentially it's the Outsider nature inside the person feeling it, not the person themselves, so unless Aeden's bond is somehow transformative of the person in general he wouldn't be able to feel it.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29212 on: January 21, 2014, 01:34:27 am »

((It's Aedan's bond with Kyle and all of the other Johnsons that allow them to be capable of magic. Kyle and the rest of his family are actually totally mundane and lack the ability to gain magic without outsides means [so Aedan making them magicapable or a deal with Void to name two] the wand that he grabbed was of Japanese origin [well it's actually from the moon, friggen blondes forgetting their stuff] and happened to be something that was what at least one magic girl TV show was based off of. Normally it wouldn't work for him but he was capable of doing the magic thing thanks to Aedan. The fact Aedan was the other form was mostly him willing it to be so as he was honor bound to protect as well as he could which was upped to protecting physically by the Magic form.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29213 on: January 21, 2014, 02:28:24 am »

Pestilence is joined by Andras, riding on a dark horse with bat wings, in full demon form as a red-skinned owlman and....Bast? Yes. Bast, riding on a camel.

They seem to be riding following the river for a bit.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29214 on: January 21, 2014, 02:32:08 am »

<Wait a moment, isn't Ashley able to trace magical signatures for whatever reason? We could have her trace the signature and read the manticore's mind.>

[To: Annie, Wheatley] <Are the parts of Maria's bracelet created from distortion components still functional? When was the bracelet removed?>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29215 on: January 21, 2014, 02:33:01 am »

>Somewhere near the end of the manticore threat.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29216 on: January 21, 2014, 02:34:05 am »

[To: Annie, Wheatley] <Were any signals in the process of being sent? What data can you two extract from it?>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29217 on: January 21, 2014, 02:37:57 am »

>No...I can grab the last things Anima saw, heard and felt before this happened. It will take me a while, though.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29218 on: January 21, 2014, 02:55:54 am »

[To: Annie, Wheatley] <That's fine. Please do so if it's no trouble.>
Cyrielle silently cursed, "Please do so if it's no trouble"? Really? "Yes, a friend of yours is life threatening danger, what? Intervene? Sure, but only if it's no trouble!" Tch. Of course it would be of issue. How irritating... She still didn't know how to act near Annie and Wheatley. Should she even be thinking of them as "Annie and Wheatley" or should she be thinking of them as her siblings? But it seemed odd to think of them "my siblings", it stripped away their names and grouped them together as a less defined group.

Great, now she was more concerned about mere banalities than the ally who may or may not be in danger.

Of course, to put it into perspective, plenty of people are probably dying from the actions of Murder Night. Generally speaking, if someone calls themselves "Murder Night", they presumably aren't pacifists. Or very creative with names, but that's another matter for another time.

Human nature at its finest.

She cared more about one person she knew, barely knew for that matter than the countless others dying, she thought more about how to address people than where a missing ally was. Well, hopefully those dying can go to a better afterlife then, no point worrying about them when she can't assist and didn't intend to either. Justification. Another integral part of human nature. It's not person X's fault they performed action Y due to variable Z! Still, if were not for it, people would be crushed by monolithic quantities of guilt, it served as a partial limiter of guilt, something Cyrielle was rather thankful for.

After all, even though she despised humanity in general and, now with exposure to supernatural beings, was becoming disillusioned with living beings in general (perhaps it was Fate's influence? Or was it always there and partly why Fate chose her?) it was one of the mechanisms that allowed her to comfortably call herself an optimist.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:58:32 am by Empiricist »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29219 on: January 21, 2014, 03:10:20 am »

((looks like i should not have watched avatar again, characters still in school?))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 1946 1947 [1948] 1949 1950 ... 4748