Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107410 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [1 Replacement]
« Reply #405 on: November 13, 2013, 01:03:27 pm »

Why did you go out of the way to avoid me Birdy? I have since come to the conclusion (now with good evidence from a game we can't discuss here) that asking everyone questions during the RVS isn't a reliable indicator of townness so I wasn't tracking that aspect of your behavior.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 13, 2013, 02:51:11 pm »

Why did you go out of the way to avoid me Birdy? I have since come to the conclusion (now with good evidence from a game we can't discuss here) that asking everyone questions during the RVS isn't a reliable indicator of townness so I wasn't tracking that aspect of your behavior.

The reason I didn't direct any questions to you, and to avoid you when I could was to see if you would notice. Which you didn't, but as you said that's not a crime. Really, this whole matter comes down to how you respond to the question,"Why didn't you notice?". Frankly, your answer feels a bit convoluted. I still feel that I haven't received a straight answer as to why you didn't notice. You cite that asking RVS questions isn't a good way to find scum, but you've yet to actually say, "No, I missed that you said that" or "Yes, I did see it, but I decided that I had other things to worry about."

In fact, I still don't have an answer to that question. The responses you've given have been purely political, or devoid of any personal sense. Hell, you haven't even asked me why I chose you in particular yet. I think that is valid ground for suspicion.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 13, 2013, 04:13:03 pm »

Posting from work.

Several things I'd like to ask about but I've got no time.

Extend please.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 13, 2013, 04:16:14 pm »

That makes 5 extend votes then, that I can count... Unless I am missing one.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 13, 2013, 04:35:45 pm »

Nerjin:
Spoiler: @Shakerag (click to show/hide)
As far as I'm aware, I've answered all questions directed at me.

I'm usually busy-ish, so while my post count is low, I try to keep the content level high in each one to make them count.

Correction:  I thought TolyK was scum due to how he reacted about me pressuring him about the SK thing. 

birdy51 - Feeling less town - Could be fakeclaiming; a lot of focus on why he wasn't killed at night
Cheeetar - Feeling more scum - Vote shifting at D1 end was suspicious; Nothing I could say that Toaster hasn't said better
Deathsword - Nothing much to make a good read on, shifting slightly scum due to low content (environmental reasons for that possibly, but I'll watch for improvement)
Imp - Slightly moving toward scum - Making a bit of a production over TolyK flipping town; feels kind of panic-y/defensive
Nerjin - Feeling more town - Town or really convincing scum
notquitethere - Slightly moving toward scum - Wordy and talking theory, but that's kind of standard from what I've seen
The_Iqovian - Seems to have disappeared? - Still possibly newbie to somewhat scum
TheWetSheep - Slightly moving toward scum - I think his case on Imp is poor
Tiruin - No real change - Neutral - Seems busy
Toaster - No real change - Has some good, interesting points against Cheeetar, but still not posing a lot

Cheeetar:
I just came back from class! Appreciation of art needs more appreciation! D:< Oh, and work. Work. x_x
But yeah, sorry for my absence :X

It's not so bad. Your last minute saving the day (I hope!) has had a huge impact on the game.
Why did you feel that Tiruin was "saving the day"?

birdy51:
I can't imagine anyone else who managed to make so many gaffes in one day and manage somehow get away with it.
"somehow get away with it."  That's kind of interesting wording.  I'd like to think that if you were town, you would have said "to not get mislynched" instead of "somehow get away with it."

Also, this:
I have committed Occum's Razor by saying this, but I am confident I can find something over night. My role power is conducive to something like that happening. I'll vote myself if I fail to find anything.
That's a pretty easy deal on your behalf.  I don't know what abilities your scumbuddies have, but I bet from what you've said that you were pretty confident that all of you together could come up with something.  Maybe one of your scumbuddies even did use a protect on you as an alibi.

NQT:
I know whenever I learn anything as town from my night actions, if it doesn't put anyone in danger I like to share it: the more information town has before you die the better.
So does that mean you're scum?  Or that you didn't learn anything last night?

Also, why did you switch your vote off Deathsword before he had really answered your questions?
[OOC: I try, thanks.]

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 13, 2013, 05:38:44 pm »

Worried about extension not passing - we needed 7 extension votes D1 (same as hammer).

D2 vote counts haven't shown number needed to extend yet, but we need 6 to hammer today - we may need 6 for an extention too.

Vote count looks like this to me atm:

The_Iqovian: NQT
Imp:  TheWetSheep
Cheetar:  Deathsword, Toaster
Birdy51: Nerjin, Shakerag

There's about 4.5 hours before end of day if it doesn't extend.

I'd like more time to reread the thread and to ask a few questions, but if the extension doesn't happen the vote's currently tied.

In case, voting Birdy51.  He was approximately my 2nd to 3rd Scum pick D1 (about tied with The_Iquovian) and would have been my compromise vote if I'd had to break a tie then.  D2 posts haven't changed my read of him much.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 13, 2013, 05:56:01 pm »

It would be nice if we could get another extend vote, as I was gone for two days and I think Deathsword was out for the same due to weather.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 13, 2013, 05:57:15 pm »

Extend.

I'm a floppy fish.  :'(
Will. Post. Later.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 13, 2013, 06:00:52 pm »

Please tell me that was a role claim. Please? I want someone's role to be "Floppy Fish"

Anyway sure

Extend

That should be enough right?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 1: Murder At The Docks
« Reply #414 on: November 13, 2013, 07:13:59 pm »

Extend.

It's called Rerun. It forces the target player to retake the action that they performed the night prior.  Apply to a scum player, and voila! They would be forced to take the factional kill repeatedly… Over and over and over again. A groundhog's day nightmare. 

This is very odd. Did Webadict tell you that was how the action worked on scum players, or did you deduce that from the description? Do all the scum players collectively take the same night action to mafiakill somebody, which you can then repeat over and over again by targeting one specific person in the mafia?

Spoiler: NQT (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Birdy51 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Feel free to accuse me of bandwagoning on Birdy51, but I'll be voting him until he actually answers my post.

Deathsword, do you have anything more to contribute for this Day, or are you just gonna stay quiet now that you've dropped your vote on someone?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 13, 2013, 07:17:31 pm »

Small post due to a storm making both internet and electricity unstable:

Cheetar, for the reasons of D1, plus that wierd mass vote switch. I am aware people have already gone over this but if neither birdy nor TolyK was one of your scumpicks, why did you vote them? After all, if you think them to not be scum, why would you want them to die? Nerjin was your top pick for scum at the time, or so it seemed, and at the time of the vote madness he was one of the most voted around. Even if you were having your doubts about his scumness, wouldn't it make sense to keep your vote on him, rather than another player you did not feel was scum?

Extend, I pretty much missed nearly two days.

Lazy. Top scumpicks, not scumpicks in general. Plus, just voting a single dude forever and never changing your mind is kind of stupid, and I'm not going to be doing that. There're a few questions other people left you, Deathsword, would you answer those?
You mean this?:
Spoiler: @Deathsword (click to show/hide)
and this:
Deathsword you're a bit quiet. Any thoughts on the end of Day 1? Still think Nerjin has a good argument and Cheetar is scum?
Then let me give a thorough answer to them.

My top scumpicks are you, Cheeetar, and Iqovian. Just as it was D1. I do agree with Nerjin's arguments on both, and, as I stated in my first D2 post, I think that voting clusterfuck was quite "wierd", for lack of a better term. There was something off, with it.

Allow me to restate the case on you (Cheeetar), as I see it:

You fiercely defended Iqovian, for no apparent reason, agaist every single attack, you switched your vote at D1's end from your then-scumpick to the person your scumpick was voting, come D2 you try to make Imp look guilty by using TolyK's lynch: a lynch you took part in, despite the fact that you had absolutely no case against him other than "the vote was tied".

Also, what do you think of the unpresence of your buddy on D2?

Ninjaedit: Well, I was going to post right now, Cheeetar, but your ugly post interrupted that. Is your buddy going to contribute for this Day too?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 13, 2013, 07:25:01 pm »

You fiercely defended Iqovian, for no apparent reason, agaist every single attack, you switched your vote at D1's end from your then-scumpick to the person your scumpick was voting, come D2 you try to make Imp look guilty by using TolyK's lynch: a lynch you took part in, despite the fact that you had absolutely no case against him other than "the vote was tied".

Also, what do you think of the unpresence of your buddy on D2?

Ninjaedit: Well, I was going to post right now, Cheeetar, but your ugly post interrupted that. Is your buddy going to contribute for this Day too?

Fiercely defended is a misnomer. I attacked Nerjin for scummy reasoning (this person is scum definitely because look! A joke!), and I changed my mind (shocking, I know) when somebody did something scummy and I could see I wasn't getting anywhere with what I was doing at the time. My case against Toly was never 'the vote was tied' (where did you get that from?) and I'll encourage you to actually re-read what happened. Is that seriously why I'm your top scumpick?

Iqovian not being around is annoying. He said he could be around, and now he can't, and I'm annoyed at him. A mod kill or being replaced would be the best solution.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 1: Murder At The Docks
« Reply #417 on: November 13, 2013, 08:22:32 pm »

Toaster! Something odd: Why didn't you protect Birdy? Did you think he was scum, and if so, why didn't you vote for him/why aren't you voting for him or pressuring him at all? You did plan on voting, but at the end of the day, you hadn't placed yours.

In any case, that was a catchup post; next is reviewing everything and exercising my democratic right to vote.
I've played some mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 14, 2013, 12:05:55 am »

Yeah, Day totally extended to Friday.

The_Iqovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 14, 2013, 07:22:31 am »

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been posting much (don't you think it's odd that people have been dumping on me so much for it, IIRC Tiruin, Toaster and Deathsword all have lower postcounts and they haven't gotten nearly as much flak as me. I'm not the only one who sees this, right?), but I have been absolutely swamped since the end of day one and for the foreseeable future, so I've asked webadict to replace me. Again my sincerest apologies, but I just don't have the time to even read through and answer all the questions, let alone be a meaningful member of the game.

Oh and just by the by, isn't it rather odd that Nerjin can only do maths when it suits him?
I mean, Birdy and I were in the exact same position votes wise at the end of day 1, but he denied being able to lynch me. Looks like he's trying to keep me alive to pin blame on me at a later date.
Nerjin: He can do maths and take jokes, but only when it suits his interests. Your local scumteam, ladies and gentlemen!
(Also, 'Rape you with a knife'? Seriously, not cool dude. 'I'll kill you all in your sleep', 'I while see you burn', etc, etc, these would have been fine (for a given value of fine). But you went right to the raping didn't you?)
And another thing! Your power, Silver Tongue wasn't it? That's much more of a villainous power than something someone who'd end up on team would have. People like Saruman, Lucifer or the Master have silver tongues, it's not the sort of power a goody gets.

And, so, I bid you all goodbye, and I hope my replacement is better than me.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48