Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33238 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Hostile Hospitality [WL:4/6]
« Reply #390 on: July 21, 2013, 09:16:03 pm »

[Oh shit, just read: we're dealing with the Kai?! D8]
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Hostile Hospitality [WL:4/6]
« Reply #391 on: July 21, 2013, 09:21:36 pm »

[Oh yes! The Kai from the first thread, specifically. The ones who had heavy powered armor, pure fusion rocket packs, and a bunch of Human quislings.

Why yes, Stampy DOES make an appearance. Or at least, he will assuming the squad survives that long.]

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Hostile Hospitality [WL:5/6]
« Reply #392 on: July 21, 2013, 09:32:50 pm »

[Nope, haven't read the first thread. Stampy sounds delightful.
Say, what kind of fancy-pants space-shotgun would be in existence? (RPG sg is titan-only?)]
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 21, 2013, 09:41:29 pm »

[Also, update:

Robert has gained 1 rank in Modify and 1 rank in Heavy Weapons.
Alexis has gained 1 rank in Heavy Weapons.
Richard has gained 1 rank in Energy Weapons and 1 rank in Heavy Weapons.
Mark has gained 1 rank in Heavy Weapons.
Aria has gained 1 rank in Heavy Weapons and 1 rank in Modify.
Kyle had gained 1 rank in Repair, only applicable to computer-related repairs, and 1 rank in Heavy Weapons.

Spoiler: PC Squad Members (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Squad Members (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Last-Second Purchases (click to show/hide)

[EDIT: A shotgun exists. And it is a MIGHTY BOOMSTICK INDEED. Applied properly and close enough to the backside of a Dread, it can be fatal. It usually isn't, but you might as well not be shielded for all the good it would do you.]

[EDIT 2: Since the good doctor is now capable of pointing a gun and firing, do I have the thread's approval to replace his Standard weaponry with Energy and Heavy weaponry so as to match skills?

Sniper Rifle - 450
Blaster Rifle - 200
Shockwave Cannon - 250
Fury Shotgun - 385
Energy Pistol - 100
Fluxgun - 200
Kai Laser Weaponry - 250 (also Xeno Weapon)
Devil's Hammer - 175 (also Heavy Weapon)
Chaingun - 200
Flamer - 250
Mini-Bomber - 150
Stinger Missile - 350

I will just straight-up exchange a Blaster Rifle for the Assault Rifle, but anything else must be paid for. I'd suggest the Devil's Hammer, personally.]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:50:42 pm by Ross Vernal »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 21, 2013, 09:45:34 pm »

Quickly design a set of webbing along the sides of the buggies for storage, store heavy armor in it.

(( In essence, I want to be able to just stick armor on the side of the buggy so nobody is left behind, plus it gives us storage space for anything we come across and want to keep since we're currently full and it's extremely simple to do.
Not much good getting somewhere fast if we don't have the space to actually bring anything back with us.
If it works one buggy can just have the armor on the sides and 2 heavies can sit in the rear space allowing for transport of 11 people.))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:59:43 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 21, 2013, 10:02:30 pm »

[The update post has been edited. Give it a look, guys.

So, uh, who do you want to draw the short straw of being armorless and being slapped in a sidecar? I can allow a modification for that and just quietly deduct a few RAW for material, but that is an issue you're gonna have to deal with. Even with the storage bins, there's only so much room.

If you want to make it bigger, then you can also slap on the spare Energy Pack, and maybe buy another Flight.

Also, I am kind of surprised the first idea wasn't "Rig up a few buggies to have the assault rifle and the others to have grenade launchers".]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 21, 2013, 10:07:46 pm »

On a different note, I suggest we hit the bank then the vehicle depot, we might find a lovely big stash of raw in the bank to spend fixing up these buggies into something a bit more durable which is essential, the vehicle depot offers the chance of plenty of vehicle parts and maybe 1-2 that are functional but the money in the bank is the more useful of the 2.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:20:16 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 21, 2013, 10:17:07 pm »

[Let's call it 144 RAW after last-second purchases of a Flight pack, sidecar, and assorted parts for storage and gun mount. You use the Energy Pack, an Assault Rifle, and some Ammo from the inventory for this, too.

EDIT:

288 and we'll rig it up. Also, whose mortar are you trying to sell? Because I'm sure they'd object to such an action.]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:20:32 pm by Ross Vernal »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2013, 10:19:56 pm »

I had a better idea.

Sell 2 gravity hammers and the mortar, buy 2 flight and 2 energy pack. Use those and the spare energy pack to expand 2 of the buggies.

How much extra profit would that leave me with after selling that stuff?

I have no intention of melee fighting an alien horde so the hammers I don't need, the mortar is meh I just don't want it and we can use the money.
So why add a side car when we can just expand a pair of buggies to take 2 heavies in the back each :P that'd allow me to bring my entire force along in 2 buggies with plenty of weapons ready to fire.

Sorry lol I was just going through the inventory of all the NPC when you posted.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:22:32 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 21, 2013, 10:23:38 pm »

160 for flight, frame, storage, and parts, so 144.
210 for the second, so 189.
Total would be 333.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 21, 2013, 10:25:11 pm »

Do it, expand on 2 of the buggies to allow them to carry 2 heavies each.

How much profit is left over? Is it enough to add some armor to those 2 buggies? Or to buy a pair of shields and attach them?
A pair of heavy buggies to take lead could come in handy.
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 21, 2013, 10:28:29 pm »

[While you might not want the weapons, I assure you that they most certainly do, which is why they spent their own money on buying them. ]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 21, 2013, 10:29:36 pm »

(( Meh was worth a try, just sell off 750 of the auto cannon ammo. Gives me 500 which covers the costs. The ammo is mine anyway :) ))

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:44:46 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 21, 2013, 10:42:35 pm »

[Squad]: The above happens. After the suggestion of "Hey, let's just build a better vehicle" comes up, there is a quick rigging of the buggies to properly fit passengers.

[Bam.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 21, 2013, 10:44:20 pm »

Sweet.

Once the modding is done place Fuckindreadnaught and Psijuggernaught in the back of one, Jugalnaught and Dread reservist in the back of the other with me and Dread civilian driving.

I suggest the bank and the vehicle depot, in that order. We need RAW to do some more work on these buggies and the depot will hopefully have plenty of parts for it, we need to get them some armor, shields, weapons and boost the speed at the very least.
Not to mention we might find some other useful vehicles in the depot so if our numbers continue to grow we don't have to keep building more vehicles, maybe we could dismantle it and move it to this place, they'd be happy to have it and it'd put it in a secure location.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:45:58 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38