Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33253 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Hostile Hospitality [WL:5/6]
« Reply #420 on: July 22, 2013, 10:48:20 pm »

(( We do not have the man power to be dividing our forces, the loss of a single soldier NPC or PC is to high a cost at the moment when we only have 11 and getting more could be difficult.
We aren't going to run out of time so we have no reason to divide our forces to hit 2 targets and 2 heavies stands no hope of attacking a defended position in any case, strong as the jugs are a single jug and a single outdated dread is not enough to attack the holdfast. ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 22, 2013, 10:53:26 pm »

[Wasn't thinking they'd assault a position, just that in case they got a nasty surprise, they could help defend. If they saw heavy fortifications, they'd all retreat. It'll be fast enough that by the time we finish with the larger town and bank, they should be back with us. And since they aren't loading the buggies completely full, they can carry the RAW more easily.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 22, 2013, 10:57:05 pm »

(( Assuming the larger town and bank are undefended which is very unlikely, sending them off doubles the risks of being detected and places a small force of men in a horrible tactical position.

It's a basic rule that you don't divide a smaller force in the face of a larger one. Wherever we go the enemy force will be larger, sending almost half the force away to sit doing nothing while we face an enemy force is a horrible tactical move.

If we had 16 heavies then sure I'd be happy to divide and do both? But 6? Not a chance in hell am I sending 1/3 of my forces away right before we're going to launch an attack.

Like I said earlier, my force will remain together to maximize it's combat effectiveness and reduce the risks or losing any of it as much as can be done. Once I have a larger force sure I'll divide if an opportunity comes up but this is our first attack on an enemy we know virtually nothing about. Why would we divide our forces? ))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:59:26 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 22, 2013, 11:03:52 pm »

[We aren't going to launch an attack. We're scouting, and checking out the bank. four heavies, one of which is an ex-marine, and two more are juggernaughts, should be more than enough, especially when you have an active marine with you(me). It was just a suggestion, and if Aria and Richard don't want to go, they don't have to. But Marcus will get...upset, if she just plain refuses orders(without a good reason; he's had commanding officers who were just plain stupid before, and he knows he can accidentally act that way when he doesn't have all the information or something is affecting him.)]

[Also, be sure that staying together does maximize your effectiveness; don't want the large, bulky, maneuverable heavies getting in each other's way, now do we? Also don't forget I'm guessing the heavies will probably listen to FuckinDreadnaught over you, since he's a. familiar and b. an ex-marine who knows what he's doing in that armor. He might listen to you though. Or me, if I get to know him and he realizes my rank and gives a shit. He might not give a shit.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 22, 2013, 11:12:14 pm »

(( So it's going to turn into you forcing me out of my position commanding the heavies at which point I have no choice but to leave?

For now we don't have near enough information to split the force, even after the scouting the bank we know nothing about the surrounding area. For all we know 1000 more enemy could be 20 miles down the road. They could cover that in the space of 10-15 minutes and be on top of us.

So unless you can get a flawless report of everything within about 4+ hours of the bank you will not be able to convince Alexis to send part of her force away.

They won't get in each others way, I intend to have the 2 jugs with me form a battle line to bring all weapons into play then have the dreads on one of the flanks so we have 2 fields of fire on the same general area without being in each others line of fire. ))
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 22, 2013, 11:16:04 pm »

[No. It's going to turn into the heavies doing whatever the fuck they want to. They'll either obey your orders, or they'll ignore them. They might ignore mine too, and do their own thing. Doesn't mean you have to leave. I'm not going to commandeer, I'm just going to give general orders at this point, since as you said, we aren't large enough to really split up our forces in a command and control manner.

If there are 1000 enemies twenty miles away, we're fucked anyway. Two more heavies won't make a spit of difference.

It's not a matter of convincing Alexis, it's a matter of convincing the heavies. Unless you're going to force them not to go.

I didn't think they would get in each other's way, just making a joke.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 22, 2013, 11:20:16 pm »

(( When I recruited the heavies it was to fight for me, I was very specific in how I recruited them for that very reason. Jon agreed to join under my command, the rest may be following him but since he agreed to follow me it comes to the same thing.

But this argument is becoming pointless.

Ross, when I recruited them they agreed to joining under my command correct? ))
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Facility Online [WL:4/6]
« Reply #427 on: July 22, 2013, 11:23:11 pm »

Convince him to join us and ask him how many more heavies are in the base.

[The quote.

This is your punishment for not using dialogue.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 22, 2013, 11:29:22 pm »

(( Same effect, she intended for them to join the group under her command. Since you didn't want to risk recruiting anybody at all why exactly is she supposed to accept you then just brushing her off and commanding them after she did the work to recruit them?

If she commands them and does it badly then fine she'll accept it because her faith will tell her that she is not the one to lead it, but until she has actually done something to deserve being removed from command of them she won't accept it. ))
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 22, 2013, 11:33:16 pm »

[The general idea is that they joined to kill the Kai and don't particularly care about orders and command. If something seems reasonable, they'll go along. If it involves something really stupid or suicidal, then they'd probably give you the finger and do their own thing.

At the moment, they don't care where they hurry up and wait.]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 22, 2013, 11:35:15 pm »

[THE GM HATH SPOKEN]

[PREPARE THE CHEETOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW FOR THE FESTIVAL!]

[So yeah, about what I figured. On the way to wherever we go, when we stop for a break at night or something, can you let us RP a bit? Me and Alexis need to have some chatty times, as do me and...ummm...everyone, actually. Except the 2nd tier NPCs(meaning not Fuckin'Dread, because I do want to talk with him).]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 22, 2013, 11:41:54 pm »

[Sure.]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher