Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33250 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Facility Online [WL:4/6]
« Reply #375 on: July 18, 2013, 07:19:40 pm »

But it's still a level gain and each level requires more work then the one before, so I just wanna clarify if thats correct or not.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 18, 2013, 07:23:32 pm »

The good Doctor was very satisfied with what he found - and that he was once again usefull. He might have tried to leverage the saviour-angle to see how people would think about joining the team, but was kind of unsure about any success in that matter. He even hold off the doctor-patient-jokes for once, seeing as a professional behaviour would be better in this enviroment.

He also did check the medical records that were - hopefully - available. Maybe there are is some usefull personell to tell the captain about. Like very strong Psys that we could try to talk over. Yes, Richard can be a genius. Sometimes. Maybe. Lets not talk about it, allright?

Presuming that his Energy-Pack could be used in that way, he would also train up his energy-weapon-skill in his free time. He would also look for tutelage on that matter, and gladly accept it, should someone willing to teach him show up.

(( I think mobility would be very important, thus buggys off any kind sound about right. The rest is up to you guys.))
((I also am experiencing pc-less-ness at the moment, so yeah. Just saying that I will be far less likely to show up here often.))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 18, 2013, 11:32:53 pm »

[I'm basically tacking on another day of staying so as to justify the construction of buggies and to have a day on the firing range. Also, to download the most current maps.

0 to 1 is easy, 1 to 2 is hard, 2 to 3 is moderate, 3 to 4 is really hard, 4 to 5 is hard, 5 to 6 is crazy hard. ]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 18, 2013, 11:34:15 pm »

[So every second skill boost is two levels more difficult than the rest?]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 19, 2013, 06:03:45 am »

(( So does that mean he got to level 3? Or he got part way to level 3? Btw will this update onto the first page or do we just keep updating our own sheets? ))
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 19, 2013, 11:24:36 am »

[Yes to all. Level 3 indeed. You should keep track of your sheets and I will update the front page at some point.]

[I don't think it's a matter of points, and if it were, it can be logicked as 'I already know a lot of this, understand I need to improve, and know how to glean information from the teaching session better than you whippersnappers'.]

[Yes, exactly. You already know where your shortcomings are, and therefore, when coupled with a group of people who know how to use heavy weapons, including one who is nearly at 4, you learn what to do.]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:31:06 am by Ross Vernal »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 19, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »

Darn that sucks lol, especially since I was the one who thought of training and everybody else just jumped on the bandwagon.

/Walks off to grumble about freeloading officers ;).
Now it never would.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #382 on: July 20, 2013, 03:18:32 pm »

I actually have to start reading, but jot me down on the waitlist.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 21, 2013, 06:56:36 pm »

[Squad]: After Robert makes his purchases, he and Alexis settle down to try to rig up some sort of hoverbuggy out of armor components and spare parts. They are successful in the sense of "They start up and run", but that's about the best success that can be claimed: they have nowhere near the speed of actual vehicles, nothing resembling armor, not even a hint of weaponry, and barely enough room for a heavy to be strapped in position behind the pilot. This being said, the loaded-down vehicles manage to be able to cover a quarter of the distance that the squad could walk in a day in a single hour, which is a serious improvement as far as mobility is concerned.

Unfortunately, with the squad being up to 11 members and there only being room for 10 on the vehicles, one Heavy must be left behind.

Spoiler: Purchases (click to show/hide)

The next step, of course, was to work on a way to rig up the Energy Packs to work with the Portable Ammo Station, as opposed to buying a dedicated source. At this, the results are much more successful - the combined packs of Richard, FD, and those from the Buggies serve to provide enough power for the Station to run, as well as slowly accumulate non-transferable RAW for the station itself.

Robert has gained 1 rank in Modify and 1 rank in Heavy Weapons.
Alexis has gained 1 rank in Heavy Weapons.
Richard has gained 1 rank in Energy Weapons and 1 rank in Heavy Weapons.
Mark has gained 1 rank in Heavy Weapons.
Aria has gained 1 rank in Heavy Weapons and 1 rank in Modify.
Kyle had gained 1 rank in Repair, only applicable to computer-related repairs, and 1 rank in Heavy Weapons.

Night falls, and with this, the Boss suggests that now is a good a time as any to be leaving. You take the hint, and bid the smugglers-turned-resistance a fond farewell, after taking a nice, long, hot shower and getting a full meal in.

Possible destinations:
South: The wreck of your ship. Or at least, what's left of it. Eight hours.
East: An independent holdfast. Sixteen hours.
South-SouthWest: An Administration holdfast with a Royal Holdings bank. About a day.
South: An occupied but intact military supply depot with a vehicle station. Slightly over a day.
South: Major manufacturing facility; fully operational and heavily defended. Two days.
Southwest: Administration Dome City. Likely filled with collaborators and slaves. About three days.
Point K: About twelve days.

[Well, time to vote on destination and which heavy from the list before doesn't go along. Obviously, FD is going with you guys. ]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:33:56 pm by Ross Vernal »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 21, 2013, 07:07:47 pm »

Marcus thanks the Boss for her graciousness in allowing them to stay, and gets everyone up and moving. Calling for the group to meet, they discusses where they needed to go, and which of the Heavies would be left behind. "Look, we should head East. We can arrive before sunrise, check out the facility, and head in at dawn. We get supplies, check for friendlies, clear out hostiles, and then go south-west tomorrow and do the same thing there." He couldn't really pull rank on them, since he had no way to enforce it, but he hoped they didn't forget the training they'd been through and the company they'd been in. "I'm not too sure who we should leave behind though...I'm thinking JuggAlNaught. I want to leave these guys with some mobile defenses, make sure they can survive. After all, who knows when we might need to call on them again?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Hostile Hospitality [WL:4/6]
« Reply #385 on: July 21, 2013, 07:09:20 pm »

[I just updated the timing. I forgot to factor in additional miles. Sorry! It's not a huge difference.]

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 21, 2013, 07:11:56 pm »

I agree. We should definitely go East. See if we can further work on these buggies and/or find any more salvage.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 21, 2013, 07:14:19 pm »

Kyle nods ready to help with prep that is needed.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 21, 2013, 07:17:15 pm »

[So, if we're going to be democratic, I figured out how to make a system that represents my rank and means ties won't happen(though two-ways with someone insisting on a third option could happen). My vote counts twice. I can tell what the response will be, and I'll admit there is a selfish impulse, but it makes sense. If half the the party disagrees with me, I still lose, but it means that things should go smoother, and lends more to the RP.]

[Or of course, I could simply be a selfish bastard who's manipulating you into doing what he says. But then, I'm Captain, so that's almost a given.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2013, 07:19:43 pm »

[If you guys would like that, I can count it as such.]
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38