Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33249 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Facility Online [WL:4/6]
« Reply #360 on: July 18, 2013, 03:12:08 pm »

Wait a minute, or half an hour. Working on stuff now.

If we get another in base action, I'd like to see if we can find a comprehensive map of the entirety of Mars. Such things should exist, after all.

Spoiler: Tentative plan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Simple Plan (click to show/hide)

Question: What's the difference in ammo costs between the ammo maker, and the it's advanced counterparts. Because it's rather expensive, and I doubt we'd ever come up positive.

Question: Is the stealthshield an undetectable shield, or a shield stealth combination

Note: Personally in favour of the mobile inventory plan, as it's much easier to budget for.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 18, 2013, 03:23:14 pm »

200% cost for maker, 150% for Portable, 125% for Mobile, and 50% for Portable Ammo. Portable ammo also includes grenades and hypos.

Add in some RAW for a frame for those.

It is a shield with a jammer.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 18, 2013, 03:28:32 pm »

((The frame is the misc thing. It's +-50 raw. (Ie, it cancels out the discount) ))

Also, 50% appears to be a very decent number. Definitely entertaining that option.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 18, 2013, 04:06:32 pm »

((OOC: I'm going to let other handle the shopping. I'm happy to just follow orders at the moment, as we dont really have much else to do here.))

Aria will try to find and befriend any other engineers in the base as well as await orders.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 18, 2013, 04:17:53 pm »

(( I like the 50% option as well, I've got 3 men armed with vulcans and 3 with quad auto cannons. Thats gonna drain a lot of ammo so we'll need to be able to make more as cheaply as possible unless we're going to keep running and hiding. ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 18, 2013, 05:58:58 pm »

[You've got six men? Or we've got six men? Problems can't and won't be solved simply through prodigious amounts of armor and firepower. Not that having half a dozen human shaped tanks isn't useful, but there's other things that are needed as well. More subtle things. We won't be constantly running or hiding, but it is guerilla warfare, so it'll be a significant amount of our activity...]

[As for what to buy... I'm thinking for the buggies, there should be a person driving it, and then a wide, but not as secure space(no sitting down, basically) towards the rear where a heavy armor suit can stand and move around for mobile fire-power. I think we should get the Ammo Station. We can get more RAW later and come back to get other stuff, but it's a good investment for now.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 18, 2013, 06:07:00 pm »

(( I've got 6, including me. They joint along with me and as any good heavy will tell you, heavies don't take orders from anybody but other heavies, I'm part of the team so I have to obey the captain... more or less.

They on the other hand are part of my team so they have to obey me, us heavies are more like a squad attached to your squad then a part of your squad.

The space on the rear would be for jugs ideally for maximum firepower.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 06:09:14 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 18, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »

[Somehow I have doubts, though I can't be sure either way, that the ex-marine would choose to follow the engineer in a heavy armor suit, over the veteran and elite marine who commanded over 180 people. You seem to have preconceived notions about people's behaviors just from them wearing heavy armor. That's silly, just like it would be silly to think Kyle is a coward since he wears light armor.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 18, 2013, 06:42:27 pm »

(( Not like it matters much since we'll be together anyway but I want them under my control so other people don't waste them on pointless things, besides I have a lot of plans for the upcoming war and I need the heavies for it to work and since I'm the only heavy player none of you can really command them properly in a fight.

Given that it's likely we'll be in the heaviest fighting none of you have the armor to withstand the fire we'll take without being blown to pieces. ))
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 18, 2013, 06:47:53 pm »

[It's a guerilla war. If we try to just trade blows, you will die too. That armor is good, but a Turbo Laser or a Heavy Railgun will still kill you. My character has excellent heavy weapons skill, and has the agility and skill, combined with the armor, to be in that fighting, if not actually withstand it(he'll be behind cover, where everyone should be, unless we're sure the enemy can't hurt us). I'm just worried about the mannerisms you've been displaying. I'm being forced to wonder if you're planning to slaughter us all when we aren't looking and then blaze of glory your way to the queen.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 18, 2013, 06:51:46 pm »

(( Not really, I'm planning to build my nice big heavily armed unit of heavies then follow you lot around and kill everything that looks at us funny.
Since I'm the heavy it stands to reason I'd command the heavies and since we're likely to recruit a lot of people I'd guess you'll all end up with units of your own in time. I just got to it first.

My only real goal is to gather up as many heavies as possible and leave a lasting impression on the aliens, something that makes them cry whenever somebody so much as mentions the name of the unit. Once I decide what to name my unit.

Besides your heavy weapons is only 1 above mine and your agility is equal to mine, I actually have more endurance then you as well as equal strength. The heavy weapon level will even out pretty soon as well.

We're gonna end up needing a lot of different styles to win so likely our squads will end up split that way, you like cover and a measured approach, I like massive firepower and a kill them or die trying approach. Tempered by enough sanity to know when a fight is hopeless.
So the heaviest armor doesn't work for your approach since taking cover in it is kind of an issue.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 06:55:48 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 18, 2013, 07:06:34 pm »

[I know it's an issue. I was just saying that's how he endures fire. As for the heavy weapons, mine is actually three since I attended that training session. The agility, however, is a different matter. We are equal, but you ain't gonna be doing no dodging in that armor. Which is only really important against the fuck-huge weapons which take a while to aim, but hit hard enough to blow through your armor. But that's what Kyle's for, right Kyle?]

[I like that we have you guys, it's just that we don't have enough other types of people to even it out yet. Walking tanks tend to make great diversions; you launch a frontal assault as is your wont, and the rest of us go in and kill anyone who hasn't been called out to try and do something against the half-a-dozen armored behemoths breaking down the front gates. Then we get whatever we want and/or flank them to death.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 18, 2013, 07:10:00 pm »

[I'm here to steal things and be a sneaky fuck. So my job description does involve taking out things that take awhile to shoot the walking tanks.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 18, 2013, 07:10:15 pm »

Hmm need to check that, getting to level 1 and getting to level 3 would be extremely different given you'd need far far more points to go from 2 to 3 then from 0 to 1.

Is that right RP he got to level 3 in the time it took us to get level 1?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:12:13 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 18, 2013, 07:14:48 pm »

[I don't think it's a matter of points, and if it were, it can be logicked as 'I already know a lot of this, understand I need to improve, and know how to glean information from the teaching session better than you whippersnappers'.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38