Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37619 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2013, 01:58:08 am »

Myrln steps forward and pulls Morgrod back a bit, saying, And while that may be all the authority he needs, being a maverick of sorts, I need to confer with my companions for a minute or two to discuss policy. With that, he backs up a tad, taking Morgred with him, and beckoning the other party members near.
Change of plans. Morgrod, you, Neun, and I will rain hell on them. I'll disable, you do damage. Tarana, you make sure no one gets near us. Zoah, get your swordsman to help Tarana and the archers pick targets of opportunity. I need you to make sure that they don't escape, so guard the exits and make sure none of them get out. Got it?
He takes a swig of his health potion as he does this, enough to bring his HP back up to 20.
((Italics used to denote whispering.))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 03:00:06 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 08, 2013, 02:25:21 am »

Myrln steps forward and pulls Morgrod back a bit, saying, And while that may be all the authority he needs, being a maverick of sorts, I need to confer with my companions for a minute or two to discuss policy. With that, he backs up a tad, taking Morgred with him, and beckoning the other party members near.
Change of plans. Morgrod, you, Neun, and I will rain hell on them. I'll disable, you do damage. Tarana, you make sure no one gets near us. Zoah, get your swordsman to help Tarana and the archers pick targets of opportunity. I need you to make sure that they don't escape, so guard the exits and make sure none of them get out. Got it?

((Italics used to denote whispering.))
Gotcha. Would it be worth it to raise the dead around us?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2013, 02:47:00 am »

Actually, I think I have a better idea for your dead. You own their souls, do you not? If so, drain their mana - soulburn them if you have to, and transfer the mana among the three of us to supercharge our spells.
Everyone: when I utter the phrase 'the sparrow flies south for winter', we begin the attack. Any objetions?
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2013, 02:48:05 am »

Heh heh. Right.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 09, 2013, 01:34:22 am »

It was, perhaps, lucky for the party that the conditions were right for witty banter and tactics. The two High Priests needed some time to organize their forces and resolve the jumbled mess of spells that had occurred, while actually knowing who the enemies were in advance would make it quite easier to administer violent justice to those behind them.

[Still Round 2. Their actions, in case it was not clear, are:

- Organize forces
- Establish LEADERSHIP BONUS
- Apply additional buffs to forces
- Reserve action for counterspell/counterattack/"instant" spells of offensive or utility nature ]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 09, 2013, 01:39:36 am »

All right. Here's how we open. Everyone get in their positions, I give the code phrase and then I try to disable them, Morgrod, you hit them with that depression spell, and then Neun, you burn them hard.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 09, 2013, 02:50:47 am »

All right. Here's how we open. Everyone get in their positions, I give the code phrase and then I try to disable them, Morgrod, you hit them with that depression spell, and then Neun, you burn them hard.
Do you want me to burn all my ghouls or save a few?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 09, 2013, 02:54:59 am »

Save them. Burn a third at most, more if needed. I want to keep some in reserve in case my plan gets Pantxiked.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 09, 2013, 05:07:12 am »

Heh, right. Where do you want the mana flowing?

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 09, 2013, 11:39:31 am »

Freeze the Shin priests in pillars of stone, as discussed in the OOC thread, and then throw 3-4 tier 7 spells at the other priests, and try to use my fire magic to direct excess flame away from my companions.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 10, 2013, 04:23:53 pm »

Round 3:

Myrln snarked, and the attack was on!

The first to do any action was Morgred, who sucked up mana from the ghouls and  held it ready for use, connecting the pool to the party members as several ghouls collapsed into dust. As soon as the link was felt, Neun would make a gesture with his hand and clench a fist. The Shinpriests, aware of a spell forming, would invoke their Divine protection; unfortunately for them, however, their armor would serve only as a hindrance. Heavy plate would form as the stone floor pooled around and under them, causing them to sink as the earth itself rose to envelop the fighters: ankles, knees, waist, and then to the neck. One Shinpriest struck at the almost-liquid stone as it came up, failing to do anything but get his weapon stuck.

On cue, the casters of the group would unleash AoE attacks. Or at least, they'd try to do so: well aware of the magical nature of their opponents, the High Priests, bolstered by the horde of initiates, would loose their prepared counterspells. Comforting beams of light would intercept the morbid wings of death; cooling moisture would steam out gouts of flame, and a feeling of Divine providence would serve to counter the debuffs. This wasn't totally useless - the attempt to administer buffs to the Shinpriests would be for naught, and the Party would not lose MP from the burn.

The initiates, seeing that the Shinpriests were stuck, would press forward, laying their hands on the stone to dissolve the containment.

Zoah would have none of this shit, and would advance forward, jabbing his spear at the oncoming initiates. The first thrust would take an already-bleeding initiate in the lung, and the person would emit a faint gurgling sound before dying. Scared off by this, the closest initiate would scramble away from the next thrust, while the third skewer attempt would clip one of the initiate's left hip. He'd fall back and retreat.

Beside him, the swordsman and Tarana would attempt to hold the gaps: Tarana's first strike would miss, but would serve to scare off the initiate from the blade passing an inch away from his head. Her second strike, aimed specifically to wound, would briefly pin an initiate's hand against the Shinpriest "statue" through the wrist. The swordsman would capitalize on this moment, and would slide up beside Tarana to take a wild hack at the initiate's head, sinking the last quarter of his blade a few inches in the man's skull. After a moment of struggling with the blade, another Initiate would attempt his first attack on the party. This would be met with the sudden and forcible introduction of the Swordsman's backup dagger to his midsection four or five times; the Initiate would scream in pain and collapse on the ground, backing away.

Several arrows would hiss out towards the High Priests; neither would reach their target, as the High Shinpriest would cut one arrow down before it could strike him, and visibly plucked the arrow from the air in front of the High Corpriest, who had fallen to his knees and begun to pray.

[I didn't count HP damage in the actual post; the updated totals are below.

Also, I am counting the Shared MP Ghoulpool as half-depleted. The multiple counterspells cost them more MP than it cost you to get them casted in the first place.]

[Zoah 40 HP / 24 MP
Neun 36 HP / 30 MP
Tarana 28 HP / 17 MP
Myrln 20 HP / 31 MP
Morgrod 21 HP / 33 MP

High Corpriest - 45 HP / 30 MP
Corpriest 1 - 28 HP / 15 MP
Corpriest 2 - 34 HP / 15 MP
Corpriest 3 - 29 HP / 15 MP
Corpriest 4 - 27 HP / 15 MP
Corpriest 5 - 25 HP / 15 MP
Corpriest 6 - 18 HP / 15 MP
Corpriest 7 - 31 HP / 15 MP
Corpriest Initiate 1 - DEAD!
Corpriest Initiate 2 - 20 HP / 7 MP
Corpriest Initiate 3 - 19 HP / 7 MP
Corpriest Initiate 4 - DEAD!
Corpriest Initiate 6 - 10 HP / 7 MP
Corpriest Initiate 7 - DEAD!
Corpriest Initiate 8 - DEAD!
Corpriest Initiate 9 - 5 HP / 7 MP (Heavily Wounded)
Corpriest Initiate 10 - DEAD!
High Shinpriest - 56 HP / 20 MP
Shinpriest 1 - 35 HP / 20 MP (Stuck.2) (Armor)
Shinpriest 2 - 10 HP (Stuck) (Armor)
Shinpriest 3 - 10 HP (Stuck) (Armor)
Shinpriest 4 - 10 HP (Stuck) (Armor)
Shinpriest 5 - 35 HP / 20 MP (Stuck.2) (Armor)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 14, 2013, 07:22:15 pm »

[Alpha Party | Catacombs]

Myrln grinned wolfishly, admiring the beauty of the combat. He then shook himself back to the moment, and began bellowing out orders, his voice reaching an impressive volume for one so thin as he.
Neun! After me! Morgrod! After Neun! You'll know what to do!

He then turned his thoughts up to the - wait, that wasn't right. He sent his thoughts on a sidebackwards triple inverted quirvlinklon bargon spiral path that lead to contemplation of that cleverest of gods, Pantxike.
Oh Pantxike, hear your devoted funnyman! You can undoubtedly see what I'm about to do; wouldn't it be funny if they all slipped and fell comically? Could you help a prankster out and make these Dearics and Coriinthians a spot ... dizzy?
The prayer concluded, he willed a film of slippery slippery fluid onto the floor where the combatants were, though he tried to avoid his party members in this, as they were part of the prank audience, not the participants.

Cast Grease onto the floor where the priests are! Avoid party members.
Implore Pantxike to make the priests dizzy because that'd be hilarious.
Oh, and shot the High Priests in the face with Tier 1 ice spells if they look like they're about to cast.
Also, prepare a counterspell in case they get one off.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:55:02 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 14, 2013, 07:30:26 pm »

"I see what you mean."

Throw 3 tier 7 fireblasts at priests, expending extra mana to make sure my teammates are not harmed.

((Note, this is after Myrln casts Grease.))
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:54:20 pm by Chink »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 15, 2013, 02:16:44 am »

Heh heh heh, let's have some fun.

Burn out another ghoul for more mana and send the others to attack the Corins. Raise any nearby vermin dead for zerg rushing while blasting the Corin priests with life/mana draining magic.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:18:50 am by Gamerlord »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 15, 2013, 03:20:48 pm »

[glow=blue] "Hey, priests!. If I was you I would run. Really [/glow] Tarana switched her combat style to much more fluid one to finish remaining initiates as fast as possible. She jumped around battlefield doing quick strikes combined with short range spits and well placed kicks. In the end she positioned herself on a head of one of the ghouls to attack from above
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47