Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37566 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2013, 03:50:23 pm »

[Beta | Skyship]

"Lass wake?"
Jewel looked at Daeth, wondering what the human was meaning until he saw Thales up and about finally. "...Thales lass?" The elemental took on a confused look on his face once again, looking to his friend, speaking in a low tone and awaited an answer.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »

[Beta | Skyshi]

Daeth frowns, then blinks. What. She wasn't a she? And Daethwin was usually so good at telling emotions. Naw, he couldn't be wrong. The way the armor was shaped, the face; it was obviously feminine. So he decides to leave it for now, if the girl didn't want to believe it. He smiles broadly and does a sweeping bow. "Daethwin Riesston, at your service."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2013, 04:39:48 pm »

[Beta | Skyship]

The fishkin takes a second to catch on to what jewel's mentioned, shrugs & murmurs a response.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:43:18 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2013, 04:43:34 pm »

[Beta                                           |Skyship]

Thales takes a moment to look Daeth up and down.

Thales Aranis, holy avenger of the will of Arnum, and noble archaeologist in the pursuit of the teachings of the One True God. Now, what is your business aboard this ship, commoner bard?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2013, 05:09:50 pm »

[BETA|SKYSHIP]
Daethwin pauses again. Then he blinks. Again. "You...think...I'm a..." He bursts out laughing, occasionally stopping to sputter about "commoners" and "archaeology" and even something about "Geldesi Manor". When he finally calms down, he wipes his eyes and shakes his head. "If you think there's only one god, you're mistaken, first off." A giggle bursts out and is quickly suppressed. "And I'm no commoner. I'm a scholar and a historian, and I'm here to see what there is, and make money to support my ventures. And also married to a minor baroness halfway across the world, but she'll find me at some point, so that won't last."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2013, 05:16:08 pm »

[Beta|Skyship]

Watching with moderate interest. Everything seems fine so far.

-Edit
With the disdain on Mr. Angel's face, distances have been eyed up.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:26:23 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »

Are you now? A minor illegitimate heathen noble? Well, I sincerely doubt you to be a scholar of repute, and you are gravely mistaken in belief. While there may exist other "gods", as you unenlightened folk might call them, they are but pretenders to the throne of the one true master of the cosmos, he whose noble birthright was cruelly stolen away by imposters who spread false idols through the mortal realm, until the suggestible fools living there wallowing in their filth believed wholeheartedly in the false pantheon, and until even the Sidhe and Arnum's own clergy trusted in the Great Deception of the Divine Pretender. One day, you as all who live their lives blind to Arnum's true glory shall see again, and the usurpers shall be cast from their ill-gotten throne.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2013, 05:39:04 pm »

[BETA | SKYSHIP]

Jewel simply shrugged in response to Rurail's whispered comment, turning to watch the two converse. Hopefully peacefully... But the elemental sighs as he feels that the chance is slowly slipping away. Looking to his friend, he looks back to the two for a moment then back to his friend, nodding, whispering then looking back to the two.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:42:43 pm by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2013, 05:42:27 pm »

Myrln feels a sudden urge to stab Zoah - no wait, it's another angel. But where?
He shrugs and goes back to casting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2013, 06:29:11 pm »

[More whispering]
Badges of honor

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2013, 06:38:34 pm »

[BETA]

Daethwin's eyebrow rose. What was more surprising than the words themselves was the fact that this smug bastard believed it. "Two things must be said. One, apparently your god, true or not, doesn't teach his clergy manners. And two, you're wrong. I've found evidence related to ancient divinity in my explorations, repute or no. And also, you know, the whole part where gods are partially formed from the belief of their people, and so if enough people start believing something else, it retroactively becomes true." He leaned back on the railing, smiling. He was an amiable fellow, normally. But when people were rude...his smart-ass side got the better of him. His scholar side always liked showing up, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 17, 2013, 07:10:45 pm »

[BETA]
''Wassup?'' Nathan walked in, a little stiff looking, as if he'd been napping awkwardly. ''Hear we're gonna be flying for longer than anticipated!'' He then noted the atmosphere between crazy angel and the newest of newcomers. ''Oh yeah, should mention. That one's touchy as all hell. I don't think even Vijer knows how to keep the peace with him around.'' He spoke to Daeth. ''Name's Nathan Cadfael. I think I overheard you're a scholar! What area of studies?'' Nathan showed keen interest.
He also overheard the guy's a bard, but he'd let that rest for now. Beggars with talent was what he thought of bards... Well, in first impression anyway.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:33:28 am by Maxinum McDreich »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2013, 10:53:17 pm »

[Sorta Alpha Party: God Level of Reality]

Yͨ̆̌ͨͯ̌ͭ̌̿̊͑͗̎̑̑ͮ͗ͦ͏̴̧̘̺̜̖̤̺͇̮̼̝̝̻̀ͅȏ̡̱̥̝̘̤̫̳̜̭̗͊ͯͧ̀ͮ̎̿̕͝ư̺̻̲͈̺̫̲̭͍̝͎̯̟̓͑̂́̃̿̏͐̊ͨ̒̏̈̊̄ͩ̚͢ṙ̶͙̰̻̩̜̟͉ͧ̈́̿̽̽͊͐͆̾ͭͦ͗̿̐ͮ́̚͟͠ ̶̧̱͙͚̲ͧͪ̓ͪ́̕͟f̢͈͈̩̱̩͉̙̪͓͖̯͉͐ͦͬ͗̀ͭ̍̔̈̀̿͊̍ͦ̓ͣ̕͘͟͜o̵̧̧̮̹̬̣̦̜̳̫͙̭̺̗̻͚̝͙̝̻ͧ̒̄̈́͑̏̽̏ͣ̿̿́̾͗ͥ̾̑̎̕͠l̸̨̢̛̟̮̣͍̜̦̙͍̝̩̪̦̠̥͊̉̓͑͛ͪ̋͛̆̇ͪ͒̇ͪ͗̓ͪ̅́l͔̪̜̯͖͖͕͔͖̇ͦ̋͂͗ͬͣ̒ͪ͑́ͧ̇̚͝o̵̸̭̗̦̫͍̲̝ͪ̑̍ͪ͟͜͠w͎̲̙͈̥̯̠͚̳̰̮̩̣͚̍͋͊͒̂ͨ̔ͩ͛̀͢ͅͅȩ̛͖̜̹̫̖̯͇̝̙̪̖͇ͧ͛ͥ̉̌̓͆ͤ̏ͫ͗̈́̎ͥ͑̿͢͡ͅŕ͔̲̫͚̼͔̬͐͑̽́̃́̓͌ͨ̀ͨ͛̑̉ͧ́̚̚͡͠͞͠s͖̞̘ͫ̈̿ͩͩ̊ͭ̽̓̔̈́̍̑̐̂̊̚͢͠ ̵̨̛̠̟͕͙̦̲̩͈͚̝ͪ͑̉ͪ̽͜͞c̵͓͕̣̘̼ͤ́̔͆̌ͤ̊̇ͩ̄̇̂̇̒ͧͭ̓́͠͡a̷̷̖̭̫̼̺͙͈̼̬͍̫̰̱͙͇̤̼̖̗̿̎̋ͤ͗ͬ̉̍̂̍̽̊̍̾́͠ľ̴̢̡̟̝̝̱̞̙͕̮̳͙̯̹̲̻͚̥͐ͭ͛̉͛ͥ̓̒̚l̜͔̫͍͎̥̅ͤ͊̂̀͢͡͝,̷̯̝̰͉̬̦̗̘͈͔͉̣̳̹͕̆̾̂ͦͪ̀ͣ̋͆͒̓̃͂̒̀͡ ̷̹͖̜̜̯̱͓̻̝͙̼̞̜̰͕̹̭̗́͊͋̎ͣͤͧ̓͊̒ͣ̔͂̋̾̎̓̄̽͟͠D̴̤͙̜̠͇͖̟̳̗͙̫͇̞̪͈̹̃̋͑̓̂̅́̀͡a̵̡̨̢̲̰̳ͪ͊̽̉̐ͅr̈́ͧͣ̎̎̃ͦ̀̏͐̎ͩͨ͑̽̐҉̢̡͇̤̲̪̺̮͈͚͘k̨ͦ̈̿̾̈́́̆ͯ̏͆̍ͪͦ̓ͭ͌͋̔̎͏̢̛̝̖̥̭̟͉̣̦̙̬̠ ̛̉̿̒ͩ̐̉ͬ̌́ͩ̀̽̃̚͟҉̟̖̩̦̙̯̬̮̘̠̫̰́͞ͅO̴̸̧͈͖͎̰̮̲̗̰̼̰̱̝̪̦̟͎͂̄̾ͣͩ̏ͪ̊̀̈͆ͨͯͦ̉͂̓̎͝͠n̸̷̮̬̖͔͍̪̤̫̱̬̪͙ͦ̃ͣ́̓ͦͫ̅̾ͦ̆̔̌̋ͣ̆ͨ͒ͣ͠e͆ͭ̔͂̂̾ͬ̚͏̴̰̯͈̜̠͎͜͟.̽̎̎̓͌̈͌̾̌̿͞҉̕͏̡̫̰̞̗͚͚͚̗͕̖̙̣͙̱͔̫

They do.

MANIFEST, DRAGON, THAT I MAY SMITE YOU.

It's not about you.

SPARE US THE VILLAIN SPEECH.

My point exactly. You offer chains to ideas. I offer a hand to freedom. Walk the walk.

Two gods left the sphere.

Seven remained.

Ẃ̵̝̖ͅa̶̳̲̞̗̳̻̭̮͕̘̰̕̕͡ͅr̢̘̹̱̬̕͜͡?̵̗͎̙̟̙͎̰̯̳͕͚̟͔̞̟̟͉͚̭͢

Battle.

W̸̏ͪͥ̈ͫͦͮ͘͡i̵̧͊̇͆̋͛ͮ͆͜t̨ͣ͂ͩͩ͛ͣ̀͘h̷̢ͨ̈̂ͧͥ͗ͫ̔̏̉̊͌͊̏ͮͧ̍̀͞ ̛͂͐̔͑͂ͪ̈̒̔̑̓̄̆ͧ͐ͨ̚͟wͧ͂̈̿̏̂͠҉͏h̸̢̧̏̃̒ͣ͆ͨ̆̀o̵̐̌͛̐̓͐͛͑̇̉ͦ̂́ͬ̒͊̂ͩ̆́̀͡?̒ͤ̈́̓͊ͧͣ͜͢͝͏

All.

The third tier
is the limit.

B̛̤͓̘̲͈̩͘͠l̸̵̟̫͎͕͢͠o̶̵͏̵̥̲̖̳͎̳o̼͙̖͓͚̠͍̕͝ͅḑ̴͉͕͙̥̣̥̺̟̠̥̯͕̤͇͘ͅ.̴̧̛҉̩̪̯͎̼

B̶̷ͮͧ͒̅̀̕͝a̶̡̐̊ͫ̿̿̌ͧ̿̋ͤ̎ͣţ̷͆̌̍ͪͤͤͦ͐͗ͥͫ̇ͩ̆̀ͫ̐ͯ̿́t̶ͮ̉̐ͪ͛͂̆̔̾͑ͤͤ̆ͣͣ̒̚l̶̷̵̢ͥ̓͐͐̇̎ͮ̔̈́͊̒͋͋̿͆́͌ͧ̚͞ę̶͛ͣ͐̇͐̓̐̌̓̋̆ͩ̽ͩͩ̍̚.̍ͨ͋̔̿̚̕

Three gods left the sphere.

Four remained.

The construct-servants of the gods watched all in silence.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:55:35 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 14, 2013, 01:08:50 pm »

[Alpha Party: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire]

INTERRUPT: DIVINE ROUND 7

Before anyone's attacks could even start to resolve, the Gods arrived simultaneously, Godly power flowing through the room.

Coranthiir would scowl from beside his Defender, brown curls bound into a ponytail that spilled over his golden armor, a similarly-colored war hammer clenched in both hands. After locating his opponent, a vaguely humanoid black dragon examining a wickedly-sharp steaming claw, a mocking smile on his face, the two would charge into battle. Dragonfire would wash over the armored Coranthiir until a golden shield manifested in front of the Eternal Star, and before long, the fire steam would be quenched, a beam of searing light striking the Dark Dragon in the chest. What looked like pus flowed from the wound until the god invoked some form of spiked streaked, thick red obsidian-glass armor around himself, complete with a wickedly sharp crimson and sable bastard sword. Instead of a jewel on its pommel, it had what appeared to be a shrunken but alive head, which was SCREAMING NON-STOP IN GREAT AGONY. The two rushed forth into battle, striking at each other.

Shin would manifest near the High Shinpriest, electric blue eyes taking in the situation rapidly. Donned in a two-inch thick long, gunmetal grey coat, with a torque about his neck and a gladius in his left, Shin smirked, saluting the present company before turning. As a large, bestial figure with horns unfolded from the air with a sick tearing sound, the war god pointed his right hand. A cluster of crystals sprayed through the air, striking the Lord of Violence in the thigh and lower gut. Upon sinking in, these crystals exploded, fragmented, and exploded again, very nearly tearing the unholy figure in half and splattering Godly blood everywhere. With a snarl, Savoki willed his blood to repair the wounds, and charged the Warpath, claws striking as Shin casually circled and drew blood with quick, infuriating cuts.

As far as Mingan went? Well, that entirely depended on whether one was looking up or not. Had they chosen to do so, they'd see a black-robed figure standing on the ceiling. One hand was on the hilt of the sword held on the belt round his waist, while the other was pointed at the ground, blood dripping from skeletal fingers. Those who had not noticed would be quite surprised by the sudden painful drop in temperature as four of the corpses from the pile arose as tall, thin creatures of undeath, sucking in the heat from the room and frosting the Grease spell. Failing that, they would most certainly notice the half-rotted, rapier-wielding angel attempting to sneak up on Coranthiir, if only from the sudden increase in the background aroma of fresh blood and death.

At the same time this was going on, the Party would feel a sudden moment of detachment from their bodies, ripped forth from awareness to suddenly dwell on memories they hadn't had ten seconds ago. After feeling these vivid hallucinations, they would return to their own awareness, exactly one second before they had been railroaded down Memory Lane.

Tarana, as a young(er) woman, had once taken a long, arduous trip in order to see a Great Sage, an impartial arbiter of destiny. After a foot-blistering and extremity-freezing mountain hike, the woman had ignored the pain in her feet and sought the Sage. After hours of seeking, she sat down on the steps outside the temple, taking in the view of the world. Before much longer, a thin, smiling bald man in fur sat next to her.

"Perspective."

A short laugh came from the Sage.

"That is what it is. The path is narrow and treacherous, painful and dangerous. But when you reach the conclusion, you see what there is to see."

He laughed, stood, and left. Several minutes later, he returned with a stone basin filled with water, a quiet monk following with handleless stone mugs with cinnamon sticks inside, steam rising.

"Second lesson, Tarana? Take better care of your feet. You could have gotten an infection from this. Drink some chocolate with me, and we'll see to your needs before sending you home."

Those were the last words spoken to her on the mountain, and when she returned home several weeks later, she felt her sense of inner peace radiating from her core through her whole body.

Zoah would be free from false memories; instead of such things, he would suddenly feel Attuned to the artifact that was in his hands. Understanding that his offenses against Shin had been forgiven, the angelborn would smile ferociously as he sensed the Fortress of War and the lifelines extending forth in time.

Neun would have a strange set of memories indeed, starting as a child, playing with small and cleverly crafted stone kinghts and the creatures referred to as "dwarven horses." They were nothing of the sort - more like a particularly ill-tempered and shaggy buffalo crossed with an over-sized honey badger. This trip down Fake Memory Lane would continue with Neun's brazen theft and taming of a newly-purchased beast that belonged to the "Master of Horse", a title so unintelligibly Dwarven that the actual word would more closely resemble keyboard smashing and still be shorter than everything following the quotation marks.

Said audacity was rewarded with becoming a page, then a squire, and then a knight. He would remember cavalry charges and the earthcraft for "horse" armor; flinging fireballs from mounted and smashing other riders with stone lances. Most of all, he'd remember a whole host of swordplay, designed specifically for killing heavily-armored people your size or taller. Snapping back to the present situation, ser Neun would find himself contemplating the efficiency of the Igneous, Metamorphic, or Sedimentary style against multiple opponents while unmounted.

Myrln would recall a friendship with a certain psion human who had been a professional fighter and adventurer before his retirement after an artifact hunt. The man had enjoyed a pleasant manor retirement full of hard work and a loving family, and after having watched Myrln work his shenanigans at an informal garden party, the man had resolved to teach the fey how to use his mind in a new, more creative fashion.

"Your mind is like a muscle. Watch."

He gestured at a boulder, lifting it up with the force of his mind. After letting it float, the psion gave a jerk of his head and the stone went flying. Taking a deep breath, the man focused his powers, and then punched at the incoming rock. It shattered from the force of the telekinetic impact, and the psion would push away all but one shard. He'd smile, then open his hand.

"Lift this with your mind. Not your magic."

For the first time, Myrln would manage to make the stone slowly float about an inch in the air, teeth grinding, before it slipped and fell in the psion's palm.

"Good. Catch."

The psion tossed the stone, then turned to leave. On the way back, he turned over his shoulder and spoke again.

"So you know, I was trying to make it hard for you this whole time. Today is the first day you worked around that. Today is the day I truly begin to teach you. First real lesson, after lunch: flying."

Upon snapping back to reality, Myrln would, as he had always been since that moment, be aware of his mental muscles and how best to flex them.

Morgred wasn't in the body (s)he had used during her life. That was in front of them, neatly cleaned and imbued with necromantic powers, underneath the hog-tied form of a human. Beside the apprentice necromancer, the angelborn Mingan priest coughed on the thick smoke filling their alcove.

"Surround the victim with the Roots of Dra'thur before you make the sacrifice, Mor."

It was spoken in a friendly tone. Given that the two had a working relationship involving something of mutual benefit, the priests were almost friendly. Ignoring the comments, everyone's favorite hatelich prepared the bindings, and neatly made the sacrificial cut, feeding the life and soul of the victim into the body Morgrod was preparing.

Back in the current moment, the undead would run the cool energy of the grave through its body and those of its minions, a black chuckle coming from its form.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[Round 8 coming next post, consisting of actions previously specified, but now with the force of POWERLEVEL behind it!]

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2013, 10:33:36 am »

[BetaSkyship| ]

You insult my good manners, you spout heathen notions of self-fulfillment, you DARE call into question the unquestionable righteous fury of the One True God? Tell me, then, where is this so called proof? What do the liars forge now from fickle flame for their ignoble cheating of fate?!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47