Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37586 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (ALPHA POST UP)
« Reply #345 on: June 26, 2013, 08:31:29 pm »

Alpha Party

Zoah would indeed be able to point out an alternate route, and the party would emerge above and behind the ritual. It had not yet started, and the Decaric priests mostly looked bored, weapons at the ready and armor gleaming. They half-heartedly scanned the darkness, truly anticipating no trouble. It was a boring duty for them - not exactly "punishment", but it wasn't something they would consider to be a great honor. The party would fan out silently, with Zoah's two archers taking up position, nocking arrows, and getting ready.

There were twelve full priests of Coranthiir, as well as twice as many apprentice priests. Below, guarding the exit, were four Decaric warrior-priests, while one senior priest hovered unhelpfully around the Corinthiian priests, making unhelpful suggestions such as "Why are we bothering to do a ritual when we can do battle instead?" and "Are you sure you drew the runes right?"

Clearly, their approach to battling the undead was very different. None had yet to look up, but it was inevitable that it would happen and the party would be seen soon. Specifically, the senior Decaric priest would, in about twelve seconds (or two rounds), yawn, mutter something about craven magic bastards, and look directly at the party, breaking through the glamour.

[Not that the party would know this was going to happen, mind you. It's simply being said to establish that there is time for everyone to prepare, confer, and/or launch the ambush. One reasonable post each, and then combat will initiate. ]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #346 on: June 27, 2013, 12:01:48 am »

[Alpha Party | Catacombs]
Myrln looked around at the situation.
All right, let's lay out a plan for how we do this. When I say close your eyes, close them. I'll drop the glamor, blind the priests, then we go on the attack. Morgrod, Tarana, you two take on the senior Dearic and have your undead horde take on the four regular Dearics. Remember, no killing. Keep an eye on him, Tarana. Zoah, you and your soldiers attack the 12 Coranthiians; try to incapacitate them before they recover from the blast. Neun, you and I will take on the apprentice priests. Archers, fire at will when battle commences, but try not to hit us.
Everyone got that?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 27, 2013, 12:17:38 am »

Right. Tarana, I'm going to need you to listen to me for this.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 27, 2013, 09:38:14 am »

[Alpha Party]

"Is it ok if I bombard them with some fire spells? I think that would make the battle quite a bit easier."

If permission is given, throw a tier 6 and a tier 7 spell at the priests.

Edit: Oops. Forgot the Alpha Party tag.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:28:18 pm by Chink »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 27, 2013, 12:05:25 pm »

"Dead one, you got a nice bodyguard here. Be grateful for that Tarana gulped one of the anti-death potions she prepared before, drew her rapier and dagger and positioned herself near the death mage. While she would prefer to keep safer distance from him, that wasn't a right time to ignore an order from Myrln

Tarana to act like Morgrod's bodyguard, attacking anyone who will try to get in melee range
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 27, 2013, 07:46:30 pm »

[Alpha Party]

"Is it ok if I bombard them with some fire spells? I think that would make the battle quite a bit easier."

If permission is given, throw a tier 6 and a tier 7 spell at the priests.

Edit: Oops. Forgot the Alpha Party tag.
Myrln shrugs.
Feel free, just hold back on those once we're in melee range.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 27, 2013, 09:56:27 pm »

[Beta Party | Docks]

A short, lean figure makes his way towards the dock. He squints before he walks onto this one, trying to see and make sure it's the right one. "Now I do believe I'm in the right place, this time." He begins walking towards the group of people, a look of analyzing contentment coming onto his face. "This the place where I'm 'sposed to be then? Yea?" His eyes flicker across each person's face, soaking up the reactions, creating baselines, storing information. "Ah it is. Hope I didn't keep you waiting long. Now then, shall we be off or do I have time to write a song?" One side of his face perks up as it twists into a snarky grin. "By the way, the name is Daethwin Riesston. You can call me Daeth."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 27, 2013, 09:59:45 pm »

Thales rolls in his unconsciousness. Something terrible has just happened...

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 27, 2013, 10:03:58 pm »

[Beta Party]

"Oh, by all means, compose a ballad about the heretical angel getting shot by the valiant Hedonist with a wicked sense of humor. I'll pay you for it. Well, when you get back from the quest, if I have money to pay you with, I will pay you."

Renn grinned.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #354 on: June 27, 2013, 10:06:33 pm »

[Beta]
Rurail snorts.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 27, 2013, 10:12:58 pm »

[Beta Party]

The dirt-skinned earth elemental in heavy armor looked the man over, before looking at Thales and seeing him move in his unconsciousness. "Close awake?" Jewel asked no one in particular as he watched the angel for a bit before sighing and turning back to the newcomer. If Thales awoke and tried something, Jewel decided he would sit on him. ...Actually wait, that might kill him, uh... Hold him down by his wings? That might work... How about just holding his wings while standing still, that might do it...

The elemental shook the idle thoughts from his head, knowing now was the time to meet the last member of their band of adventurers, not ponder how to prevent more infighting with Thales. Currently at least. "Pleasure meet, Jewel Thornton. You quest-ally?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 27, 2013, 10:33:23 pm »

[Beta Party | Docks]

"Now Renn, we both know that something like that is more suited to be a lay, not a full ballad. Have you been telling these poor people it's a quest? How can it be a quest without a hero?" Daethwin smiled as he teased his friend. They weren't great friends, but they met up every now and then, and helped each other. Renn might give Daethwin a place to sleep when he'd been on hard times, Daethwin might tell Renn whether the man he's about to let on the boat is a criminal fresh off the noose(which had happened on one occasion). Daethwin had even helped Renn get a wench he'd made a bet over by writing some poetry for him to recite. The embarassment from it afterwards was harsh though.
"So is that one the bloody angel then?" Daethwin smiled a bit around the eyes at the pun, looking over at the rock elemental. That could be a problem. Unless...ah, there was some expression. A bit alien, and it'd take some time to figure out exactly what patterns meant what, but he'd been around most species at one point or another, and always ended up figuring it out. "A good name, that. Jewel. Did a human name you, or a 'mental? As for the bit about a quest, I can't say I am, since this isn't so much a quest as an adventure." Being a scholar and a bard at once meant there were some things the minstrel got semantic about. Finally, he walked over to the angel, and sat on his heels, fishing around in his knapsack. "Where is it then...no that's the ink...don't want then...how did my dagger get over there? Ah, there we go." He pulled out a little book, nicely bound and showing signs of wear, and flipped through it. "I can see it in your face, she flipped out, right? Yeah, thought so. In that case, Jewel, good fellow, could you stand by in case the girl decides I'm her next righteous victim?"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:36:33 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #357 on: June 27, 2013, 10:46:35 pm »

[Beta]

Rurail furrows his brow & glances at the angelborn.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 27, 2013, 10:50:36 pm »

The elemental frowned as he pondered on the man's words. Another one who likes prosy speech. "Thank you. No, human no name I." He paused after that, trying to figure out what the man was saying. "...You quest? I thought quest no here..." The elemental hazarded a guess as to what the man said.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #359 on: June 27, 2013, 10:59:21 pm »

[Beta]

"Quest small diffrent adventure, he correct; silly. Ask your help, thales anger."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:00:55 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47