Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37575 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #360 on: June 27, 2013, 11:25:26 pm »

Jewel looked to his friend, nodding with a smile in thanks. Rurail, always there to help him. He felt happy again that his friend was chosen to go along the same que--adventure as he himself was.

The elemental looked back the human, Daeth. "I regret, I no know you say last, friend help. Quest small but big appearance I. Help I offer, Thales no fight. I grab wing if try."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 27, 2013, 11:48:00 pm »

[Beta Party | Docks]

Daethwin licked his lips before responding, watching the elemental's face. "What language do you speak? Not common, I can tell. I'll probably know it; being a scholar has it's uses." He didn't wait for much of a reply before finding the passage in his book. "Here we go...As we wander through the night; all alone in our plight; none can help us, none can see; none can know what saddens we; everything is dark and still; nothing stirs and nothing will; something new must enter here; otherwise we'll only fear; touch of light, touch of flame; hear the crackle, say the name; take the magic for yourself; let the demons lose their health; once you've seen them, know them true; then they cannot bother you; take my hand and we'll be free; if you trust me then you'll see."
The magic was a simple one, but it would help. A song of awakening and healing. To beat away the darkness simply by looking inside it. The notes mend bones, the melody knits flesh, and the sound awakes the mind. "Feeling better, now, love? Perhaps a bit o' temperance would go farther then, in the future."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:20:40 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 28, 2013, 01:37:02 am »

[Alpha Party | Catacombs]

"Dead one, you got a nice bodyguard here. Be grateful for that Tarana gulped one of the anti-death potions she prepared before, drew her rapier and dagger and positioned herself near the death mage. While she would prefer to keep safer distance from him, that wasn't a right time to ignore an order from Myrln

Tarana to act like Morgrod's bodyguard, attacking anyone who will try to get in melee range

[Alpha Party | Catacombs]
I just need you to keep an eye on the ghouls. Make sure they don't get out of hand and start killing. They should obey you to a point.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 28, 2013, 08:14:05 am »

[BETA PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYY]
Nathan snickered as Daeth confused Thales for a female, and laughed when he called him 'love'. It was just too funny to him

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 28, 2013, 08:36:25 am »

[BETA]

"I speak Tradespeak." Jewel answered the question well enough, although he figured the language obvious... Maybe he's misunderstanding something again? There was that one word... Ah well. "You scholar? I warrior, craftsman." The elemental watched with interest as he saw the man do magic by reading off the book. "You work magic?" He guessed it was magic at least, why else would someone recite something very long straight from a book?

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 28, 2013, 11:14:04 am »

[ Alpha Party ]

Zoah nodded to Myrln and motioned out the targets to his archers. He directed his swordsman to make sure nobody got too close to anyone in the midst of casting spells. The rest of the combat duties the angelborn could handle himself, and he pulled his spear from his hip. There was no doubt that the fighting would start up at any moment, they weren't exactly going about this ambush in the most stealthy of ways.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 28, 2013, 11:19:32 pm »

[Beta Party | Docks]

Daethwin's eyes narrowed at Nathan. "Something funny then, about waking up a girl who's been shot in the stomach? Get a laugh off that do you?" The bard didn't seem to act very consistently. This was on purpose. He needed to provoke reactions, find what people revealed in the moments as their emotions shifted. And he got some good ones with that comment. The guy thought it was even funnier, but was also confused a bit at the response... He spat to one side, and shook his head, standing back up. "Yea, I'm a scholar. A minstrel too, though I prefer Muse. That was indeed magic, good Thornton, but not a spell as such. Magic of music, it is." He stretched, shoved the book back in his pack, and poked at the angelborn with his foot. "Soon as she wakes, we can be off then, right?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 28, 2013, 11:59:01 pm »

"Oh, I'd think you should get going as soon as they're done packing. Well, that would be now, actually..."

The giant had finished his calculation. The sound of boots coming up the stairs was coming.

"Preferably, before you have to answer sticky questions? I can attest to my shooting the angelborn just fine on my own, thanks."

He waved at the airship.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #368 on: June 29, 2013, 12:44:10 am »

[BETA]

(ON THE TRIP:
QUIETLY GIVE PRAYER TO PELLEGRIN WHEN WE EMBARK, AND AGAIN TOMORROW WHEN I AWAKE!
SEE IF THE GIANTS HAVE ANY MOVES! PRACTICE BBOY!
GARGLE WITHOUT GARGLING IF I CAN SECURE WATER!
ALSO, INTRODUCE SELF TO DAETH, BE ELOQUENT & WELCOMING!)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:55:35 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 29, 2013, 10:50:18 pm »

[BETA | DOCKS]

"Heh. Well, yes, I suppose you can, Renns. Then why don't we go?" He looked down at Thales, pursed his lips for a second, then shrugged and stepped over her. "Maybe have one of the fire giants drag her aboard?" The bard walked onto the airship, then surveyed his companions...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 29, 2013, 11:15:47 pm »

[Beta]

Jewel rolled his shoulders a bit, ate the rest of the rock in his hand that he almost forgot about with the newcomer, then grabbed Thales and attempting to hoist the angel up, trying to prevent too much of him from dragging on the ground as the elemental got his unconscious body into the ship. "Adventure close!" He seemed happy, never-minding the fact that he's carrying an unconscious ally, too distracted by the fact that

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 02, 2013, 02:26:46 pm »

[Alpha Party, Round 1]

Assent was reached. At an unspoken signal, perhaps the shared khef the party, they acted.

First up was Myrln, who would drop the concealing glamour and cast a blind at their opponents below, causing most of those below to be temporarily blinded. Nearly as soon as he finished the gesture, Neun would grasp his firestaff and cast a full-fledged Firestorm at them.

Spoiler: First (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Second (click to show/hide)

A Shin priest would drop to the ground, out cold, while one of the initiates would be reduced to so much smouldering meat from the overkill and a few fled from the room, not willing to tolerate such nonsense. And, cue the attack! On the way down, it would be noticed that there were several more Decaric priests. Too late to do anything about it now, aside from what was going on!

Morgred and Tarana would charge, with the wolves and ghouls leading the pack. They'd meet the priests, most of whom were still dealing with the burns and blindness. The wolves would divide and strike first; although the High Shinpriest would successfully avoid the blows thanks to his armor, the remainder of the pack would take down and start to savage three of their opponents, dropping them to the ground. Moments after, the ghoulpack would go after the priests, swiping with their claws at those standing and taking bites at the downed fighters. Another Shinpriest would lose conciousness from a ghoul taking swipes at him, and a quick command from Morgred would get it reluctantly up and away from the prone priest - no use tempting Fate, after all. The Shinpriest would prove his mettle by blocking the ghoul's attempt to strike at him, and would retaliate by smashing a morningstar into and through the offending ghoul's head, killing it instantly. Blind or not, he was still a damned good fighter. Instead of dealing with him, both Morgred and Tarana would take advantage of the ghoul-pile to incapacitate the third priest, giving him a few solid blows to the head until he went limp, then shooing the ghouls away and into a defensive position in front of them.

The archers under Zoah's command would pick targets of the two most-burned Initiates, and let fly. The first archer would put an arrow through an Initiate's eye, killing him instantly, while the other archer's shot would pierce the robes and lodge somewhere in the lung of the initiate. With six enemies down, it looked to be slightly better odds.

The last two to act were Zoah and his swordsman: after exchaning a glance, Zoah nodded, stood on the ledge, and readied himself for a jump. After the spells and arrows had been let free, he'd spring forth, legs extended and spear at the ready, for the high Corinthiian priest, rightfully assuming the man to be the biggest threat. His aim was true, but unfortunately for the angelborn, it would feel almost as though he were trying to thrust through cement, the weapon slowing down and slipping from the head to instead rake across the Corinthiian priest's shoulder [5 HP after soak.] It would likely impair the use of the arm, but that was a poor substitute for killing him outright.

[Round 2 coming soon. I'm posting this so y'all know what went through; I have a lot of rolls to do for their attack round. Psst, I'd advise you not post Round 3 actions until you know what happened in Round 2.]

[Zoah 40 HP / 24 MP
Neun 36 HP / 30 MP
Tarana 28 HP / 17 MP
Myrln 13 HP / 31 MP
Morgrod 21 HP / 33 MP

High Corpriest - 25 HP / 43 MP
Corpriest 1 - 28 HP / 23 MP
Corpriest 2 - 34 HP / 23 MP
Corpriest 3 - 29 HP / 23 MP
Corpriest 4 - 27 HP / 23 MP
Corpriest 5 - 25 HP / 23 MP
Corpriest 6 - 18 HP / 23 MP
Corpriest 7 - 31 HP / 23 MP
Corpriest Initiate 1 - DEAD!
Corpriest Initiate 2 - 20 HP / 12 MP
Corpriest Initiate 3 - 19 HP / 12 MP
Corpriest Initiate 4 - 6 HP / 12 MP
Corpriest Initiate 6 - 10 HP / 12 MP
Corpriest Initiate 7 - DEAD!
Corpriest Initiate 8 - DEAD!
Corpriest Initiate 9 - 16 HP / 12 MP
Corpriest Initiate 10 - 6 HP / 12 MP
High Shinpriest - 36 HP / 30 MP
Shinpriest 1 - 17 HP / 20 MP
Shinpriest 2 - KO'd
Shinpriest 3 - KO'd
Shinpriest 4 - KO'd
Shinpriest 5 - 21 HP / 20 MP

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 03, 2013, 04:35:45 pm »

[Alpha Party]

The first to act  was the High Priest, who, with a few gestures, absolved the blindness of himself, the Shinpriest, and restored them both to full health. After taking in the scene, the two exchanged glances, and gave quick orders to their forces to gather in front of them as the High Priest readied another healing spell.

"By whose authority do you disrupt our ritual?"

The Shinpriest waved a hand, absolving the blindness of his warriors, who gathered to form a shieldwall, glaring at the party. Murmurs of spells being cast echoed in the small chamber, as the Corinthiian priests cast buffs upon their front-line protectors and readied counterspells.

For now, the retaliation wold hold, the front-line fighters readying a counterattack should further aggression happen. The party would have their chance to explain.

[Zoah 40 HP / 24 MP
Neun 36 HP / 30 MP
Tarana 28 HP / 17 MP
Myrln 13 HP / 31 MP
Morgrod 21 HP / 33 MP

High Corpriest - 45 HP / 40 MP
Corpriest 1 - 28 HP / 18 MP
Corpriest 2 - 34 HP / 18 MP
Corpriest 3 - 29 HP / 18 MP
Corpriest 4 - 27 HP / 18 MP
Corpriest 5 - 25 HP / 18 MP
Corpriest 6 - 18 HP / 18 MP
Corpriest 7 - 31 HP / 18 MP
Corpriest Initiate 1 - DEAD!
Corpriest Initiate 2 - 20 HP / 10 MP
Corpriest Initiate 3 - 19 HP / 10 MP
Corpriest Initiate 4 - 6 HP / 10 MP
Corpriest Initiate 6 - 10 HP / 10 MP
Corpriest Initiate 7 - DEAD!
Corpriest Initiate 8 - DEAD!
Corpriest Initiate 9 - 16 HP / 10 MP
Corpriest Initiate 10 - 6 HP / 10 MP
High Shinpriest - 56 HP / 25 MP
Shinpriest 1 - 35 HP / 20 MP
Shinpriest 2 - Waking!
Shinpriest 3 - Waking!
Shinpriest 4 - Waking!
Shinpriest 5 - 35 HP / 20 MP

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 03, 2013, 07:51:19 pm »

((Explain? Bwahahahahaha!))
((Just had awesome idea; time to fuck shit up.))
((Oh, and this is possible because if you remember the actual wording of a certain post of mine, I bound the souls of the people who I drove to suicide. I own them. Completely. Which means I should be able to draw mana from them... and the natural continuance of that is that I can Soulburn them.))

Morgred stalked towards the High Priest, accompanied by his ghouls and wolves.

Whose authority? Why, mine of course. And that's all the authority I need.

Morgred drains the mana of his strongest three ghouls to nothing, then Soulburning them into nothingness to obtain more mana. He uses said mana to fuel two spells: a life draining spell aimed directly at the High Corpriest and the other Corpriests, and a zombie raising spell to raise the three dead Corpriest initiates. NO mana of Morgred's is used in either spell.

((Let the carnage begin... how many ghouls do I have again?))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 02:24:31 am by Gamerlord »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 04, 2013, 12:38:30 am »

[Why yes, you DO have a mana reserve of soulfragments and Ghouls, as per PM events and stuff that's nobody else's business until you see fit to reveal. :P

7 left.]

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47