Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 204047 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Thrones: Histories of Frost and Flame
« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2013, 08:17:14 am »

I sorta just want her to disappear. Tyrion and Sansa are pretty adorable when they're getting along.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2013, 08:58:14 am »

It's diverging from the books.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, Sandor Clegane would make the best dad. "You killed someone? Well, next time, notify me first!".

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

IIrc, didn't blackfish escape the massacre in the show by going out for a piss? CAN'T CORNER THE PISSFISH
I WAS RIGHT

HA HA

OPERATION RAINY FISH IS GO

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 10, 2013, 09:45:16 am »

Blackfish continues to be the best.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #350 on: June 10, 2013, 10:40:12 am »

I like Dany more in the show than in the books. I think they did her rather well, but why oh why have they murdered Stannis so?!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 10, 2013, 11:13:04 am »

Murdered Stannis? I think he's a pretty cool dude in the series, while in the books he's just a sad and angry man :/

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2013, 11:16:48 am »

I generally like characters better in the books, but then you just cannot develop them as well in the series. Except maybe Bolton, I really like TV Bolton.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2013, 11:18:34 am »

I wantto hate TV Bolton but I can't... also I don't like this Stannis so much. But I do prefer his daughter. Seems a lot sweeter in the TV show than in the books.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2013, 11:21:54 am »

It's still a great show obviously, as in the best fantasy tv-series, but I'm less enthusiastic about seasons 2+3 than I was about season 1. I'm a bit unhappy with some adaption choices, though I understand a lot of it is because of budget and time constraints, actor availability etc. They make many characters less complicated and they leave out a lot of good stuff from the books.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2013, 11:22:59 am »

They have to simplify things, that's it. I think they did a really good job, generally speaking.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #356 on: June 10, 2013, 11:29:00 am »

Murdered Stannis? I think he's a pretty cool dude in the series, while in the books he's just a sad and angry man :/
In the books he is no mere 'sad and angry man.' He is conviction, integrity and virtue ethics made incarnate facing moral turmoil, all the while he has that beautiful clash between his Bromance, his wife, his duty, his religion and her religion.
In the TV show you could replace Stannis with Melisandre and it wouldn't change anything at all.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 10, 2013, 11:35:07 am »

In the books he is no mere 'sad and angry man.' He is conviction, integrity and virtue ethics made incarnate facing moral turmoil, all the while he has that beautiful clash between his Bromance, his wife, his duty, his religion and her religion.
In the TV show you could replace Stannis with Melisandre and it wouldn't change anything at all.

He doesn't like gods. Stannis is the exemplar of medieval ideals, and funnily enough most people don't like him. You can see why melisandre beelined for him. A lot of the draw is seeing the interesting ways he bends.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 10, 2013, 11:39:56 am »

I'm ok with tv-Stannis so far, but they didn't do a great job with Catelyn and Tyrion seems a bit too nice.
Also:

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #359 on: June 10, 2013, 11:41:49 am »

He doesn't like gods. Stannis is the exemplar of medieval ideals, and funnily enough most people don't like him. You can see why melisandre beelined for him. A lot of the draw is seeing the interesting ways he bends.
In the books he's literally described as more likely to shatter than bend. In the tv show he's forgetting all of his vows left right and center like there's no more tomorrow!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 167