Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 204056 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Yes, one of Theon's uncles is raiding shit there. Brandon 'the Shipwright' Stark led a fleet there, but never returned, which made his son and successor burn all the remaining ships in his grief, hence the North not having a fleet.

This suggests that there is a whole lot more North, like an Antartica of North, a whole lot more Essos to Essos and if there is a West, it's too far away for their galleys to reach. Possible flat world. Or turtle.

Though then again, it could just be that in all these hundreds of years Bran found a giant continent and built the united states of Branmerica, biding his time to rain glorious freedom on the Westerosi people.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

There is stuff to the East not shown in the maps, which only goes as far as Qarth I think. The places are only mentioned as the origin of exotic stuff though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

[/quote]
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

There is stuff to the East not shown in the maps, which only goes as far as Qarth I think. The places are only mentioned as the origin of exotic stuff though.
The most complete official map can be found in The Lands of Ice and Fire. The scans online aren't that clear, but there are clearer maps based on it. So we can see a little further than Qarth.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

While we're at maps, I'm just going to post those twos.

Spoiler: Westeros (click to show/hide)

I really like the Westeros one. ,Been my constant companion while reading the book. :)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Funnily enough I almost posted that world map. They were originally uploaded onto deviant art under the name Other-in-Law, but since then the account has been deleted and Other-in-Law had them taken down from a few other sites. I managed, I think, to track down high resolution copies of everything, but it's a real shame nothing new will be released; Most of the major cities have maps save notably for Winterfell. I could upload them if there is interest?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Please do.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

If you do, and they are reasonable in size, I will use them for the first post image for the remaining weeks.  :)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Here you go. Oh and be warned: there are spoilers on the maps, but you might not know what you're looking at until you've read / watched far enough.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Thank you, they'll accompany me on my readings. :)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

Reaction video of the first person to READ the Red Wedding.

I would have experienced this is 2005, but I was recommended the series by my writing group, and they were specifically looking for my reaction to it...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 04:56:44 pm by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen a clip of GRRM watching reaction clips from show viewers and saying "So this is why your nerd friends were upset 13 years ago."  :)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Ahah, my reading finally caught up with the show! I'll spoil you all! Alll! Tyrion dies in the next episode! Sandor Clegane marry Arya! Jon Snow decide fighting is too hard and become an innkeeps! Bran actually do something worth watching! Mouahahahaha! All of you, all of you I will spoil!  8)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Liar! Everyone died early in Book 4 and it's only descriptions of desolate corpse-ridden landscapes since then. Eh, oops, spoilers...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 167