Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200834 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D5: 6/13]
« Reply #1080 on: October 07, 2013, 08:00:07 pm »

Unvote Shakerag.  I don't think you're the last witch anymore.  This goes a bit beyond NQT's investigation but I shouldn't share yet.  Most likely tomorrow unless somebody can convince me the game is going to end today.

@Shakerag
ToonyMan:
The DS doesn't have any reason to shield Shakerag though.
To play Devil's advocate, wouldn't that line of reasoning be what the DS should do to throw off suspicion then?
Yeah possibly, but I don't really get that impression.  If NQT has been trying to play a jester he's been failing miserably.

A second question:  Do you feel that NQT's play has been indicative of someone trying to subtly get themself killed?
No.

Also I think it's Hapah now.  On the sheer fact there's literally nobody else the last witch can be.  Process of elimination and all that.  Their subpar play helps too.

A question though, can you convince me the same way Birdy and Shakerag have I wonder?

@NQT:
Toony— where's your wife right now?
Uh I think she's at my castle, it should be on lock down to avoid people breaking in.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 07, 2013, 08:11:47 pm »

Or even better, if NQT really is the DS that kind of works out for us since that means we just don't lynch him and I'm okay with that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 07, 2013, 08:22:45 pm »

Votecount:
Hapah  - 3 -  zombie urist, birdy51, ToonyMan
zombie urist  - 1 -  notquitethere
notquitethere  - 1 -  Shakerag
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  Hapah
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end Wednesday, 9th of October, 7PM UTC.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 08, 2013, 01:01:31 am »

Sorry, unplanned dinner with the in-laws. Not as much time on this as I wanted but I might as well go ahead and ship it.

ZU are you deliberately spewing misinformation? I think it's pretty clear that the 'demons' the Inquisitors are referring to are the Witches or magical entities in general. If you're Tiruin's counterpart then what is your wincon? Also, heard of Occam's Razor? What makes more sense: a witch-killing flavourcop death shaman, or a witch-killing flavourcop Inquisitor exactly like the previous two witches games?
Since I didn't get to this yesterday: There are two big things about this that are bothering me, and the posts following this one didn't do anything to dispel my concerns. The first is that you seem to be playing very fast and loose with the facts in your accusations, and the second is that you've taken a very hostile stance which isn't exactly giving me a lot of confidence.

ZU didn't 'spew misinformation' (not there, anyway), he gave his opinion that there might be another hostile party. And agree with him or not (I don't, personally), you should try to figure out why he thinks that or convince him why he's wrong instead of just browbeating the poor bastard, right?

Honest question, NQT: Why do you think you're still alive?
Well of course I've asked myself that as well. Maybe Dariush was telling the truth and the witches don't have a kill and whoever's killing is working on some other criterion. Maybe there's a doctor. I guess we'll find out when the game ends. Why do you think I haven't been killed yet? Why were you even voting for Lenglon?
I think there's two main possibilities. The first is simply that you are the Shaman, and requires no explanation. The second is that the Shaman finds you useful, which isn't that far-fetched: Life Shaman was already ID'd N1, and with 3 Witches and only 1 DS the math is pretty favorable. I don't know how a Doc could possibly save you from magic, and the "friendly" magic-user is dead.

I voted Leng because she said some things that did appear to be factually incorrect, then refused to answer any questions about it.

Convince me why that's a good idea given that I think you're most likely malicious. I've pressured people on the relevant bits and rest assured I'll reread them and ask more questions if I see anything I didn't spot before. I didn't want to claim who I've already investigated as the uncertainty gives me greater bargaining power in accusations.
Because if you can provide your inspect results for each night, and it can be confirmed with a fair degree of certainty, then your actions are accounted for. And if your actions are accounted for, then you (probably) couldn't have been murdering people.

First, I still maintain my vote on Hapah.
Can you link your reasoning, please?

Seller.
Seriously? Not 'Peddler' or 'Merchant' or something a little more robust than seller?

If you were 1-sided lovers with Tir, why on earth would she ward Toony D1?

-snip- Can you not just make things up please. Also, you never said your wincon. You've admitted to being third-party, so what do you want out of this game?
Link? (PPE: Nevermind you went at it in the next post. He never directly claimed 3rd party, though, and I don't think it's at all uncommon for Lovers to be town.)

Quote from: NQT
Also, you know what I am so stop pissing around and vote someone genuinely malicious.
And how would he know that you aren't malicious? We can't just start trusting you unquestionably because you started throwing your weight around, can we?

Quote from: NQT
Hapah— where were you on the evenings preceding the witch hunt?
I've got a PM in to clarify, but I'll give you a PFP tomorrow as soon as I know.

Quote from: Toony
On the sheer fact there's literally nobody else the last witch can be.  Process of elimination and all that. Their subpar play helps too.
Where did Birdy get cleared? (Also ouch. I hope my worries get vindicated in the post-game).
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 08, 2013, 08:01:04 am »

Quote from: Toony
On the sheer fact there's literally nobody else the last witch can be.  Process of elimination and all that. Their subpar play helps too.
Where did Birdy get cleared? (Also ouch. I hope my worries get vindicated in the post-game).
It was Day 3.  Lenglon cleared themselves that day too.  Shakerag cleared themselves today.  Zombie Urist and NQT are weird cases I can't read the same way.  Don't ask me how unless you can do the same today.

More importantly, because I skimmed through Day 3 again I got to see your reaction to Toaster getting put on the lynch block:
PFP

I still think you're all goddamned fools. You're squandering a valuable resource! You're killing the one person who could possibly get answers from LNCP about magic-related stuff and he doesn't even have any fangs. But you lot have made your opinion clear enough, and it doesn't look like there's anything I can do to change your minds.

I almost hope that after the last Witch is lynched the Inquisitor goes "There at still malefactors in your midst, so the trials will continue lololol"

PPE: Well at least Toaster might be able to answer a couple of questions now
Tell us who you think the malefactors are and we'll see how this goes, final witch!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 08, 2013, 09:01:53 am »

Shakerag— what were your relations with Lenglon's shoemaker?
Uhh... what?  *checks PMs*  I have not recieved any indication that I have had any relations with Lenglon's shoemaker.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 08, 2013, 11:24:45 am »

PFP

So you're saying that birdy and Leng were cleared yesterday, but you won't say how. And you say that Shake cleared himself today somewhere (here or here), but I don't see anything.

DS is either ZU or NQT (probably the former, but I'd like to see a bit more from each). Don't know who the Witch is (guess it's not Shake), but it doesn't much matter, since if it comes to it we can grind them out with repeated Inquis investigations if we have to.

More importantly, because I skimmed through Day 3 again I got to see your reaction to Toaster getting put on the lynch block:
PFP

I still think you're all goddamned fools. You're squandering a valuable resource! You're killing the one person who could possibly get answers from LNCP about magic-related stuff and he doesn't even have any fangs. But you lot have made your opinion clear enough, and it doesn't look like there's anything I can do to change your minds.

I almost hope that after the last Witch is lynched the Inquisitor goes "There at still malefactors in your midst, so the trials will continue lololol"

Tell us who you think the malefactors are and we'll see how this goes, final witch!
Do you really think I'd paint a giant target like that on myself if I was the last Witch? It was like 6 to 1, there's no way the votes were changing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 08, 2013, 02:32:07 pm »

So you're saying that birdy and Leng were cleared yesterday, but you won't say how. And you say that Shake cleared himself today somewhere (here or here), but I don't see anything.
I do.  If you can't see why then you can't make the connection or you're a witch.  Since everybody else either "cleared" themselves or are NQT and ZU that leaves you.

DS is either ZU or NQT (probably the former, but I'd like to see a bit more from each). Don't know who the Witch is (guess it's not Shake), but it doesn't much matter, since if it comes to it we can grind them out with repeated Inquis investigations if we have to.
If it's not Shakerag or ZU or NQT then it's either me or Birdy.  So what is it?

PFP
Do you really think I'd paint a giant target like that on myself if I was the last Witch? It was like 6 to 1, there's no way the votes were changing.
So your reasoning for defending Toaster was because the lynch was decided?  I'd rather say you were a witch than being a voice of reason.

also WIFOM

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 08, 2013, 03:30:14 pm »

PFP

I guess I'm just dense then, I don't see it.

I have no idea what you're saying in the second line. DS is ZU or NQT, Witch is you, Birdy, or ZU.

No, my reason for defending Toaster was because he was a valuable resource. It's like you caught a spy and took his head off instead of milking him for all he was worth (nevermind the fact that the odds of him living through a night once exposed as a witch would be pretty slim, though I didn't consider that at the time). I think you lot have got your priorities backwards, and I'm not going to keep quiet just because people don't necessarily agree with me.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 08, 2013, 04:20:54 pm »

I think I'll vote NQT because his refusal to believe in demons makes me think he is a demon. If he is the death shaman, the witches can revive him tonight anyways.

I have a midterm on Thursday so I won't be very active the next few days.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 08, 2013, 04:22:10 pm »

I think the Witch's are using the demons to subdue the shamen? shamans?, the demons want to escape from their witch masters, and shamans want something else.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D4: 7/13]
« Reply #1091 on: October 08, 2013, 04:43:39 pm »

Distractions, distractions... I'm going to go ahead and throw out an Extend a day early, as I know I will need the time to create legible posts. My last one makes me frown inside.

NQT:

NQT:First, calm down. I explained far earlier in the day that I was going to be busy coming off this weekend. Secondly, what is the point of your vote on ZU? All previous signs point to the fact that lynching him will arguably make things far worse. If he is anything, he is a Third Party as I cannot imagine LNCP would allow to a Witch to be disabled for inordinate amount of time.

Why are you focused on having him become lynched?
Birdy, read the beginning of day setting info. Witches and maleficars said the inquisitors. Tiruin was probably lying about bad things happening if her counterpart dies (she was trying to protect him), at least, she had a strong incentive for doing so.

Birdy— explain the business about wet and dry coopers.

I see. You do realize however, that the wincon for the Town is eliminate all witches. Not all threats, or something similar. However, this could simply be a misunderstanding, so let's simply stop dancing about the subject.

LNCP: Does the term "witches" apply to every magic based character or just the Coven?

Now, as for the business with Wet Coopers and Dry Coopers, it was an idea of my own invention. Originally, Okami no Rei claimed that he was a cooper, but he didn't specify what kind of Cooper he was. I took interest in that fact given that I was just then beginning to have suspicions that he was my brother.

Using Wikipedia, I learned that there are two different kinds of Coopers, Wet and Dry. Wet Coopers make barrels for liquids, while Dry Coopers create barrels made for storing food.  Regardless, my Role PM specifically stated that he was apprenticing to a Dry Cooper. Yet, Okami never specified what kind of Cooper he was, and that made me wonder if I could stick him on this point.

So I asked the question whether he was a Wet Cooper in passing. If he caught my slight of hand, that would have dramatically decreased my levels of suspicion against him. If would have agreed with my statement, then I would have immediately known that he was lying straight to my face, and that he is a character worthy of suspicion.

Hapah:

Here is my argument for voting for you.

Alright I promised an explanation so here it is:

I believe placing too much emphasis on the Death Shaman/ Life Shaman aspect is a scum tell, at least in this environment. Toaster was quick to sink his fangs into Tiruin, even onto Day 2. He was determined to see her dead, and staying dead. This fact was later confirmed by both the Dariush Conversations with Toonyman and Toaster. Witches have an investment in killing the Shamans.

Which is why I have Shakerag and Hapah near the bottom rung of my scum ladder. Hapah is resides on the lowest rung due him stating that his agenda was to identify who the Death Shaman is.  Shakerag is not too far away, having Vector's very focused arguments against Third Parties on Day 1 to contend with.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 08, 2013, 07:09:40 pm »

I'm busy this week as well.  Extend.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 08, 2013, 08:23:40 pm »

Exnted

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 08, 2013, 09:01:55 pm »

Oh blast, I forgot to bold the Extend. I told you I am no longer being legible! While I am here though, a quick question.

ZU: what's your role name then?
Seller.

Zombie Urist: You call yourself a "Seller". This term is rather vague and inconsistent with your previous claim of being a "Old-Clothes Salesmen". Why did you call yourself a "Seller" rather than the title that you had previously claimed?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 84