Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200823 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D5: 6/13]
« Reply #1065 on: October 06, 2013, 04:26:50 pm »

That has now been corrected. Sorry again about the lynch mishap.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:22 am »

I am one-sided lovers with Tiruin. I don't particularly care about her in fact my flavor hints I'm getting kinda annoyed at her, but she really loved me. On night 1, someone poisoned me a la Romeo and Juliet. I was in a coma like thingy, but to everyone else I looked dead. Of course not actually being dead, Tiruin was unable to res me and lost confidence in herself and died of grief.
If you got poisoned N1, why didn't you say anything about it D2? Or did you and I missed it?

I believe this is the only way for the life shaman to die. My best guess is that NQT actually did have a N0 inspect and inspected me and Tiruin, thus finding out her weakness. This also explains why NQT didn't want to die D1, because Tiruin could probably do something that prevented him from winning. Its also probably why NQT is kinda goading the witches to kill him when he says things like "I can't believe I'm still alive".
That'd be one hell of a guess, and a lot of this seems more than shaky. It's also worth noting that Tir lost a body part on death: Unless she's a Mrs. Potato-head doll, we could've lynched as much as we needed to.

Any idea why she got up D2?

Quote from: ZU
Demon stuff
Maybe, but it could be that he's just pinning it on what comes natural. If stuff like that happened I'd probably say it was demons too if I was an Inquisitor.

ZU are you deliberately spewing misinformation? I think it's pretty clear that the 'demons' the Inquisitors are referring to are the Witches or magical entities in general. If you're Tiruin's counterpart then what is your wincon? Also, heard of Occam's Razor? What makes more sense: a witch-killing flavourcop death shaman, or a witch-killing flavourcop Inquisitor exactly like the previous two witches games?
This post sets off all sorts of alarms for me, but it's 1 on the morning so I'll have to come at it tomorrow.

Honest question, NQT: Why do you think you're still alive?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 07, 2013, 01:37:01 am »

Well of course I've asked myself that as well. Maybe Dariush was telling the truth and the witches don't have a kill and whoever's killing is working on some other criterion. Maybe there's a doctor. I guess we'll find out when the game ends. Why do you think I haven't been killed yet? Why were you even voting for Lenglon?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 07, 2013, 05:55:42 am »

Birdy, Shakerag— get in here.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 07, 2013, 09:56:21 am »

Present and working on a post.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 07, 2013, 10:15:15 am »

Shakerag is not a witch
Correct.  I have been mind-numbingly vanilla this whole game. 

ToonyMan:
The DS doesn't have any reason to shield Shakerag though.
To play Devil's advocate, wouldn't that line of reasoning be what the DS should do to throw off suspicion then?

A second question:  Do you feel that NQT's play has been indicative of someone trying to subtly get themself killed?

Hapah:
Admittedly, it does seem like a bit of a stretch that a flavor cop, who claimed very early, would still be alive this long, yes?  Not conclusive in and of itself, but a curiosity... 

zombie urist:  Did you receive any information while you were "out"?

NQT:  Did you investigate anyone else last night?

birdy51:  What do you think about zombie urist voting Hapah?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 07, 2013, 10:52:28 am »

NQT:  Did you investigate anyone else last night?
No— if I've investigated someone a sufficient number of times then I can spend a night doing an ability-investigate. As you would have been prime lynch candidate today otherwise, I thought it worth sacrificing my usual flavour investigations in this case.

In general, scum is Hapah or Birdy and ZU has all but admitted to being the death shaman. I say we kill off the death shaman properly and then lynch the scummiest of Hapah or Birdy. Just look at their voting: both have shown a remarkable reluctance to ever commit to anything substantial!

ZU: what's your role name then?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 07, 2013, 11:26:00 am »

PFP

NQT: Can you give the full list of who you investigated each night, and your results?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 07, 2013, 12:17:16 pm »

Convince me why that's a good idea given that I think you're most likely malicious. I've pressured people on the relevant bits and rest assured I'll reread them and ask more questions if I see anything I didn't spot before. I didn't want to claim who I've already investigated as the uncertainty gives me greater bargaining power in accusations.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 07, 2013, 01:04:44 pm »

I'm still here, but I have been extraordinarily busy this last weekend and I am beginning to spearhead a side project of mine on campus. So, I'm going to try to be prompt about this post.

First, I still maintain my vote on Hapah.

birdy51:  What do you think about zombie urist voting Hapah?

It is on one point where we are both agreed.

NQT:First, calm down. I explained far earlier in the day that I was going to be busy coming off this weekend. Secondly, what is the point of your vote on ZU? All previous signs point to the fact that lynching him will arguably make things far worse. If he is anything, he is a Third Party as I cannot imagine LNCP would allow to a Witch to be disabled for inordinate amount of time.

Why are you focused on having him become lynched?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 07, 2013, 02:15:54 pm »

Convince me why that's a good idea given that I think you're most likely malicious. I've pressured people on the relevant bits and rest assured I'll reread them and ask more questions if I see anything I didn't spot before. I didn't want to claim who I've already investigated as the uncertainty gives me greater bargaining power in accusations.
Sounds defensive, NQT.  If you're town, then you'd want us to have more information (as we're the uninformed majority).  Also, if you've been on the up-and-up with us, then we shouldn't have any cause to find any faults with the info you'd provide, yes?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 07, 2013, 04:18:53 pm »

Out of the 6 of us, there's definitely 1 witch and 1 death shaman. I think there's a 50/50 chance of either having one other demon or two other demons. Thus there are only 2 or 3 town left.

I guess its time for massclaim, but I have no abilities.

Seller.

If you got poisoned N1, why didn't you say anything about it D2? Or did you and I missed it?
I meant N2.

That'd be one hell of a guess, and a lot of this seems more than shaky. It's also worth noting that Tir lost a body part on death: Unless she's a Mrs. Potato-head doll, we could've lynched as much as we needed to.
Any idea why she got up D2?
She died in the night. Also no.

Maybe, but it could be that he's just pinning it on what comes natural. If stuff like that happened I'd probably say it was demons too if I was an Inquisitor.
I'm pretty sure Solifuge, dark child is actually a demon.

The demons serving these witches and maleficars have grown weak
I also remembered this from the opening post today, which clearly shows the demons are distinct from the witches.

I am 99% sure NQT is now acting scummy on purpose trying to get lynched. See quick jump on/off the Irony wagon and now refusing to provide info.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 07, 2013, 05:51:57 pm »

NQT:First, calm down. I explained far earlier in the day that I was going to be busy coming off this weekend. Secondly, what is the point of your vote on ZU? All previous signs point to the fact that lynching him will arguably make things far worse. If he is anything, he is a Third Party as I cannot imagine LNCP would allow to a Witch to be disabled for inordinate amount of time.

Why are you focused on having him become lynched?
Birdy, read the beginning of day setting info. Witches and maleficars said the inquisitors. Tiruin was probably lying about bad things happening if her counterpart dies (she was trying to protect him), at least, she had a strong incentive for doing so.

ZU
Seller.
So Irony Owl was a Mercer and you're a 'Seller'. That doesn't sound like quite the noun, but okay.

I also remembered this from the opening post today, which clearly shows the demons are distinct from the witches.
It seems to me that the witches and malifecars are players and the 'demons' are the manifestations of their power.

I am 99% sure NQT is now acting scummy on purpose trying to get lynched. See quick jump on/off the Irony wagon and now refusing to provide info.
No, I just should stop posting from my phone: I'm always more fiery on the phone. When I sit down in front of the computer I calm down a bit and think a bit more about how I phrase things. I really don't think it'd be a good idea to lynch me, and neither did confirmed town players Leafsnail, Irony Owl or Lenglon. Where was the quick on-off on the Irony wagon? I stayed on until the end and regretted it. Can you not just make things up please. Also, you never said your wincon. You've admitted to being third-party, so what do you want out of this game?

Shakerag
Sounds defensive, NQT.  If you're town, then you'd want us to have more information (as we're the uninformed majority).  Also, if you've been on the up-and-up with us, then we shouldn't have any cause to find any faults with the info you'd provide, yes?
No, it's offensive. Look, I'll ask a round of questioning to everyone and then I'll fess up who I really investigated and what I learned once everyone has answered those (and any logical follow-up) questions. Also, you know what I am so stop pissing around and vote someone genuinely malicious.

So here goes:

Shakerag— what were your relations with Lenglon's shoemaker?

Birdy— explain the business about wet and dry coopers.

Hapah— where were you on the evenings preceding the witch hunt?

Toony— where's your wife right now?

ZU— why did you say you weren't from Brittany? The setting text that displayed when you 'died' said you were a Breton. I can believe you weren't really dead (the text at the time said as much), so did you dream while you were in your coma?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 07, 2013, 06:19:01 pm »

To the best of my knowledge, I am not from Brittany. My role PM doesn't mention Brittany at all. But that doesn't mean I'm not a Breton. I think it has to do with "LeBreton" means "the Breton". My ancestors were probably from Brittany. I had no dreams.

No, I just should stop posting from my phone: I'm always more fiery on the phone. When I sit down in front of the computer I calm down a bit and think a bit more about how I phrase things. I really don't think it'd be a good idea to lynch me, and neither did confirmed town players Leafsnail, Irony Owl or Lenglon. Where was the quick on-off on the Irony wagon? I stayed on until the end and regretted it. Can you not just make things up please. Also, you never said your wincon. You've admitted to being third-party, so what do you want out of this game?
I don't think its a good idea to lynch you either. The on was yesterday where you did some analysis stuff and concluded IO was obviously scum, now he's confirmed town after he flips. I already claimed my wincon D2. I never claimed third party; now who's making stuff up.  :-\

It seems to me that the witches and malifecars are players and the 'demons' are the manifestations of their power.
Except Solifuge was a demon.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 07, 2013, 07:09:47 pm »

Solifuge was a dark child. Dark children aren't necessarily 'demons'. It sounded troubling but we've no indication that there were more than one one of them. You said you were Tiruin's counterpart, didn't you? How else am I supposed to take that? Can you link where you claimed or restate what you said? And of course Irony Owl is now confirmed town: what point are you trying to make?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 84