Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 218054 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #1110 on: May 06, 2013, 08:52:42 am »

Griff:
I was never suggesting voting for TolyK, all I'm saying is leave the killing of Sheep to the town vig, and use your vote to kill a target who won't die anyway. 

Okay, I see what you mean now.  I say since I'm so sure he's scum, why leave anything to chance.

Meanwhile, town vig?  Until the vote reset, you were voting TolyK.  Why is he suddenly town?

If he does flip Mafia and the game doesn't end... I guess the most likely scenario is that TolyK is a SK.  He's awfully vocal about his abilities to be a SK, but it's certainly possible.
If he really is your only other read, then I challenge you to no-vote rather than vote for the one person we can use to judge TolyK by.  Or, preferably, get a jump and lynch your next possibility in the off chance that sheep is not scum, you know, because it won't matter if you're right and we've killed the only scum left.  If Sheep somehow survives the poison we can hammer him in the morning.

See above comment.  If Sheep is town (he isn't) then everything I know about this game is wrong and I will have to totally reread.  That's more effort than I want to put in right now.

Again, here's inconsistency in your read.  If you think Sheep is sure enough scum that you want to hammer him in the morning if he lives, why not just lynch him now?

Quote me where I insulted anyone over not voting Sheep.  Also, why do I seem scummy?
You mean when you weren't drunk?
I understand that people can be wrong.
This pretty much seems to sum up your attitude on our attempting to get reads on other targets than Sheep.  You also pressured Tiruin into voting for Sheep by essentially repeating that she shouldn't target TolyK. 

Well, that was meant to be more snarky than insulted, so sorry if I insulted you.  But I don't at all apologize for getting people to vote my way.

You seem scummy because you accepted Hapah buddying you without comment; and didn't press him on his ability, I feel if you were town that should have left a bad impression on you; but if you were scum you might accept it as something you could shrug off later if he were lynched.  You seem like you absolutely know that you're right, but aren't taking the time to re-examine your read.  You seem to be trying to pressure enough people to get a hammer, which you'll be clean in because you voted for Sheep first this time around.  And mostly you're trying to waste a town lynch on somebody who is 95% garunteed to die without needing a lynch.

You also never gave us a straight reason for your weird voting D1; which was dropped after Hapah's claim cleared you.

I didn't see it as something that needed to be heavily pursued.  Neither did you, since you didn't mention it on your next post.

You think I wanted to get in at the ground floor of a lynch?  That's a bit silly, since I first voted him the previous day.  But if it bugs you that much, I will gladly unvote and put the hammer vote on Sheep myself if enough people vote him.

I don't see what kind of explanation that needs that hasn't already been said.  I wanted Ford to hang.  Not enough people were voting him and there was a three-way tie, so I voted NQT to break it.  He voted Ford to save himself, and I went back to Ford, my original pick.  What else are you looking for?

I couldn't read Hapah through sheer lack of content, and I already said that.
And I'm thinking that as you were the one being buddied you probably should have called him out on it to see his reaction.  Reads don't just happen, you need to make them happen.

I tried to read Hapah and came up with nothing.  I asked this question because the three of you were my top picks for scum after Sheep.  Hapah's flip just made things simple.
Yeah you did, then you minimized my case and ignored my suggestion that you prod him more.  Admittedly he DID quit right then so you may had been waiting for him to give you his reads; but you NEVER questioned his claim to his face.  You only ever said that it's not a guarantee that you were town; which is EXACTLY the amount and type of distancing I expect scum would treat other scum with.

See above.

Toaster cont.:
Also, why do I seem scummy?
Another thing:  You are the only person who has made absolutely no claims about their abilities.  I think I've made the second least, and I've at least informed everyone that I had nothing to do with the lack on NK's and that I've not targeted anyone either night.  You are also apposed to the concept of a mass-claim; which makes me a suspicious about what your abilities are that you spend so much effort to hide them.

So then:  Do you have anything to do with the lack of night-kills?  Does part of the reason you are SO sure that sheep is scum have something to do with your abilities.  Is the reason you're opposed to a mass-claim related to a mechanic based weakening of your abilities or is it that you have something that you feel would serve town better if kept secret?

I don't know anything that would directly benefit the town, but I can offer one piece of evidence as to why there haven't been any nightkills.

Night 2 I used a one-shot ability that let me gain certain abilities used on me that night.  Web was of course a bit evasive as to what I could and could not copy, but I gathered that I could copy regular night actions but not one shots.

I got one ability: an Antidoc ability that turned protections into kills.  From the flavor and ability name, I'm about 99% sure that Hapah used it on me, given it sounded pretty damn alchemical.  Think about it- claim someone as town, then try to kill people that protect him.

I didn't claim it right away because I wanted to see if I could catch someone in a lie.  Now that Hapah is gone it's less useful.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 06, 2013, 08:58:07 am »

PFP
No, I'm not voting yet. If you want, I can vote you before I decide who to vote for the end of the day.
I don't get what you mean with "two--cases on each"...
...*Tiruin facepalms.

If I want? Until you decide?

Ugh. So lax. Not even interested in using your vote. Is scum indeed. Doesn't detail posts, states in generalities and moral questions as defense.
The bolded sentence means, "If you'd prefer, I can put a vote down before I muster up evidence."
I prefer you decide on your own choices...like, you're fully relying on that bloody poison you're touting. Reminds me of the same tactic you did when we were scumbuddies...scumming it up blatantl-
And I'm thinking Tiruin for now, reasons when I get home.
>_>

Reasons when you get home.

You know, you had a lot more days to get those reasons.

I hate my blood pressure.

I believe it's a two way tie...
Oh look. It's 9:51pm, monday here.

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.
Guess what.

PPE

[...]
I got one ability: an Antidoc ability that turned protections into kills.  From the flavor and ability name, I'm about 99% sure that Hapah used it on me, given it sounded pretty damn alchemical.  Think about it- claim someone as town, then try to kill people that protect him.
O_o

You've got one ability...that Hapah gave. Um. Really?

TolyK has only voted ONCE, everyone. Check Griff's link!!

Probable votecount:
TheWetSheep: Toaster, Tiruin
Toaster: Griffionday
notquitethere:
TolyK: Vector
Tiruin: RangerCado, TolyK
RangerCado:
Griffionday:
Vector:

Not voting: NQT

>_<

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 06, 2013, 09:07:48 am »

Tiruin:  Day ends in about 12 hours from this post.

And it's less that Hapah gave it to me and more like I copied it off him when he wasn't looking.  I don't even know for sure that he gave it to me- it's just highly likely.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 06, 2013, 09:10:33 am »

But...that was a day action, inferring from Hapah's attitude then, and yours was a one-shot N2 ability.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 06, 2013, 09:25:46 am »

Waitaminute.

Night 2 I used a one-shot ability that let me gain certain abilities used on me that night.  Web was of course a bit evasive as to what I could and could not copy, but I gathered that I could copy regular night actions but not one shots.

The bolded part makes little sense- you'd have to aim right and by my thinking, I've never been targeted by anyone (cep't NQT's claim).

Also, could you at least expound more? There'd be much to talk about-given the lack of information those who haven't claimed are saying...

Nextly, I notice the past tense. 'Turned' protections into kills, huh? If so, then Griffy should've died N1 if I was targeted (doubt that, nobody targets me >_>). Judging by that knowledge, that means I resetted Hapah's one shot at the time (N2), and if it was a day action, he might've used it on someone else D3.

...Bleh, I'm still protecting my target tonight. Doubt he picked me.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 06, 2013, 09:31:59 am »

Just a quick post before school:

Tiruin:
I think you're scum. I think TolyK is scum. I'm pretty confused.

So why not lynch Sheep today (or anyone besides TolyK?)  That'll kill off Sheep and you can worry about TolyK later (or more accurately not at all because the game will be over.)

What flavor of scum do you think they are?  You suspect five scum?
...Four scum is outrageous. Five is just wrong. If this is an exaggeration, then I'm curious why :/

TheWetSheep. Get to stating things right.

That quote's from Toaster, Tiruin. There was a part addressed to me above the quoted part, but I don't see how what you say connects.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 06, 2013, 09:46:46 am »

PFS

See my queries to you.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 06, 2013, 10:26:16 am »

Tiruin:
That's because it only counts the votes after Web modkilled Hapah....

But...that was a day action, inferring from Hapah's attitude then, and yours was a one-shot N2 ability.
Nope; Hapah always had claimed it was a night action.

Toaster:
Okay, I see what you mean now.  I say since I'm so sure he's scum, why leave anything to chance.

Meanwhile, town vig?  Until the vote reset, you were voting TolyK.  Why is he suddenly town?
I'm trying to recreate the game as you claim to see it (everyone town or at least not anti-town) to better search your actions for inconsistencies with your reads.  In this case I feel that once you are certain that Sheep is scum it would make sense to let TolyK kill him and start looking for more scum, because it is completely possible that there is more than 4.

See above comment.  If Sheep is town (he isn't) then everything I know about this game is wrong and I will have to totally reread.  That's more effort than I want to put in right now.

Again, here's inconsistency in your read.  If you think Sheep is sure enough scum that you want to hammer him in the morning if he lives, why not just lynch him now?
Fair; most likely SK outside of TolyK then?

Because it's wasteful?  Please know I'm about 95% sure that TolyK was not redirected; and 100% sure if Sheep is the only scum (he kept trying to show he used a double vote last night, just a bad string of luck caused him to not be able to prove it).  I only mention that as a possibility as if he is town as he claimed, scum could use that to their advantage to create a delayed kill.

Well, that was meant to be more snarky than insulted, so sorry if I insulted you.  But I don't at all apologize for getting people to vote my way.
For the Snark was a Boojum, you see.

I didn't see it as something that needed to be heavily pursued.  Neither did you, since you didn't mention it on your next post.
Because I was locked in tunneling mode on ZU... and it seems I tend to have a delayed reaction to responding to buddying.

You think I wanted to get in at the ground floor of a lynch?  That's a bit silly, since I first voted him the previous day.  But if it bugs you that much, I will gladly unvote and put the hammer vote on Sheep myself if enough people vote him.
That would not in any way change my opinion of you, so no need if you insist on killing Sheep by lynch.

I don't see what kind of explanation that needs that hasn't already been said.  I wanted Ford to hang.  Not enough people were voting him and there was a three-way tie, so I voted NQT to break it.  He voted Ford to save himself, and I went back to Ford, my original pick.  What else are you looking for?
That pretty much answers that.

See above.
Sorry if I'm being obvious, but where above?

I don't know anything that would directly benefit the town, but I can offer one piece of evidence as to why there haven't been any nightkills.

I didn't claim it right away because I wanted to see if I could catch someone in a lie.  Now that Hapah is gone it's less useful.
Since Tiruin doesn't seem to be up to reading completely, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hapah claimed his action was a night one-shot.
This ability (from what I understand) turns any protects on the target into kills; not changing the doctor ability.
This ability probably dissipated on Hapah's death, if it didn't after the night.

I take it the reason you (Toaster) didn't automatically call Hapah out was because he claimed a one-shot?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 06, 2013, 10:32:21 am »

I need sleep :/

But...yeah. My mistake. However, Hapah used that thing he did on Toaster NIGHT ONE. Not night two--Day 2 was where those antics came about and he claimed night truth action, day inspect that one post action.

If what Toast says is true, then someone else targeted him and he's...uhh, not one of the people who had claimed.

I'll be sleeping the sunset away...Most probably.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 06, 2013, 11:06:02 am »

Hey WEB, can we get a votecount before day end?

Tiruin: You didn't put sheep's votes into your count.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 06, 2013, 11:42:36 am »

PFP- just a friendly reminder that it is a three-way tie if we're believing Sheep's claim to be able to double vote.

Sheep, why didn't you use this ability on the other days?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 06, 2013, 11:47:36 am »

Okay, this may be a bad time to claim right now and may get my killed but i'm going to go out and say it anyway

Tolyk is currently invulnerable to any offensive action taken against him during the Day, including lynching. I believe that Tolyk isn't scum and i'm not losing another Townie to us mislynching.

Cue backlash of claiming this with 10 hours left.
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 06, 2013, 11:49:35 am »

just remembered, i will be unavailable to answer questions in about 8 minutes for 3 hours. (i hate school sometimes) So i'll try to answer everyones crys of outrage then.
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 06, 2013, 12:25:03 pm »

That's interesting RC, on account of the fact that since the Hapah flip TolyK hasn't even been the main lynch candidate.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 06, 2013, 01:23:16 pm »

>_>

Reasons when you get home.

You know, you had a lot more days to get those reasons.

a) TWS really went for you the first day. You were tunneling me, which is mostly why.
b) You seem very determined to kill me. I know this isn't a scumtell, but it's a reason, in my eyes.
c) You've been acting scummy all day.

Three main reasons.

Quote from: Tiruin

Probable votecount:
TheWetSheep: Toaster, Tiruin
Toaster: Griffionday
notquitethere:
TolyK: Vector
Tiruin: RangerCado, TolyK
RangerCado:
Griffionday:
Vector:
Yep, I've only voted twice, with one being an RVS, and another being a pressure vote.

Bah too much to do IRL. :/
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 93