Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217854 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #1125 on: May 06, 2013, 01:34:01 pm »

Griff:
Toaster:
See above comment.  If Sheep is town (he isn't) then everything I know about this game is wrong and I will have to totally reread.  That's more effort than I want to put in right now.

Again, here's inconsistency in your read.  If you think Sheep is sure enough scum that you want to hammer him in the morning if he lives, why not just lynch him now?
Fair; most likely SK outside of TolyK then?

Uh... Vector?  My read on her is also blurry due to her low activity.  My gut has pinged on her a bit, but it's also mislead me on her before.

See above.
Sorry if I'm being obvious, but where above?

I didn't see it as something that needed to be heavily pursued.  Neither did you, since you didn't mention it on your next post.

I don't know anything that would directly benefit the town, but I can offer one piece of evidence as to why there haven't been any nightkills.

Night 2 I used a one-shot ability that let me gain certain abilities used on me that night.  Web was of course a bit evasive as to what I could and could not copy, but I gathered that I could copy regular night actions but not one shots.

I got one ability: an Antidoc ability that turned protections into kills.  From the flavor and ability name, I'm about 99% sure that Hapah used it on me, given it sounded pretty damn alchemical.  Think about it- claim someone as town, then try to kill people that protect him.

I didn't claim it right away because I wanted to see if I could catch someone in a lie.  Now that Hapah is gone it's less useful.
Since Tiruin doesn't seem to be up to reading completely, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hapah claimed his action was a night one-shot.
This ability (from what I understand) turns any protects on the target into kills; not changing the doctor ability.
This ability probably dissipated on Hapah's death, if it didn't after the night.

This is correct except the last sentence- per a clarification from Web, it's a permanent change.  So yeah, please don't protect me.

I take it the reason you (Toaster) didn't automatically call Hapah out was because he claimed a one-shot?

Eh?  He claimed a one-shot N1 and nothing N2.  I fired my ability N2.

Ranger:  Sweet.

TolyK:  Those aren't actually reasons to vote someone.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 06, 2013, 02:44:25 pm »

Just got a bit of time.

NQT: I actually used it before Hapah's flip when the candidates were just Tolyk and Sheep. The flip really spread everyones votes after that but i thought i may as well say not to waste your votes on Tolyk.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 06, 2013, 03:45:15 pm »

5 hours till lynch with the votes still at a 3-way tie between Tiruin, Tolyk, and Sheep.
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 06, 2013, 03:45:56 pm »

NQT:
That's interesting RC, on account of the fact that since the Hapah flip TolyK hasn't even been the main lynch candidate.
I'm sorry, but that is actually completely wrong: Both Tirun and Vector voted for TolyK shortly after Hapah's flip meaning he was the lead until Tiruin switched.

Toaster: Unvote
Alright, I'm satisfied for now, thank you for your tolerance of my pressure on you.

I've thought about it for a bit now... and I actually think I agree that the best route is for us right now is to lynch Sheep.  This is of primaraly because of my paranoia of TolyK being able to force the game into MYLO if we're wrong on our second target.  I was going on his word that the poison faded, then I realized we can only trust him if he is in fact town so....  TolyK, as we seem to be set on lynching Sheep do you have any problem antidoteing everyone (yes; sheep included)?

Wuba:
How many votes are required for hammer?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 06, 2013, 03:48:01 pm »

Griff: I think its 5 still since there are eight of us but it may be 4
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 06, 2013, 04:33:53 pm »

Griff, OK shortly after the flip TolyK was once again the lead, but since the beginning of the weekend he has not been. Ranger says he made his decision before, which makes sense I guess but if I had that ability I would have claimed the moment I used it. Too convenient to claim it afterwards. The whole think smells faintly of a scum gambit-- if Toly is lynched in the night now and flips town Ranger will come off from the day smelling of roses.

Five votes for the hammer, I'm certain.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 06, 2013, 07:44:45 pm »

Tiruin:
See my queries to you.
This?

Toaster: You didn't explain why my vote on ZU was a "crap vote".

Tiruin: Why claim night-action immunity? Because it was a one-shot, so the information couldn't benefit scum anymore, and it could certainly benefit town.
And you didn't answer my questions on what you were trying to do. You shifted views pretty fast an-

...You know what, fine. If TolyK is scum and a poisoner, bah.
What was I trying to do by claiming, you mean? Or by using that ability? I've answered both already. But anyway:

First: Give town information. Since nobody else had claimed anything that gave reasons for no NK, I thought I would. It was a 1-shot, so the information couldn't really benefit scum.

Second: I thought there was a high probability I would die. My reasons for this may have not been founded, but that's what I thought.

I shifted views pretty fast? On what? The link is to one of your posts.

I don't see at all how TolyK comes into this thing.

I can't see a town poisoner because...poisoner. If something like that exists, I'm changing my worldview...but, poison?! A Town poisoner? BYOE and all, That's my thoughts regarding it. It could easily be a fakeclaim as arsonist or whatnot...
Wait... so your reason is "poisoner". Why can't he be town? "Poisoner". Ah... I see. Except, it's just like a vig. Why is it so different? And if you're so sure he's not town, why aren't you voting him?

NQT:
Sheep, why didn't you use this ability on the other days?
It's a night action. I used the action immunity one N1, this one N2.

I'll probably be here the rest of the day. If there is a tie nearing the end, I'll unvote so that I'll be lynched. Does this sound reasonable?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 06, 2013, 07:53:17 pm »

Oh, just my two cents.

If you're so convinced I'm scum, I think we should lynch Tiruin and let me die of poison. The reason I'm not voting her now is that I'm waiting for him to answer, but I still think she's the most likely candidate, and I'll probably return at least one of my votes to her at the end of the day.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 06, 2013, 07:57:26 pm »

Sheep: I believe Tiruin went to bed. Theres an hour left in the day give or take so if your going to change your votes, do it now.
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 06, 2013, 08:13:13 pm »

PFP - depressed. Stuff. Why didn't day end.

>_>

Reasons when you get home.

You know, you had a lot more days to get those reasons.

a) TWS really went for you the first day. You were tunneling me, which is mostly why.
b) You seem very determined to kill me. I know this isn't a scumtell, but it's a reason, in my eyes.
c) You've been acting scummy all day.

Three main reasons.
...TolyK

Bloody bad reasons. You never detail anything.

Ooohhhh yes, I'm very determined to kill you--for reasons I stated. It isn't a scumtell, but in your eyes, anyone who wants to kill a lazy person who relies on their 'poison power' regardless of scumhunting anyone...which you actually lack, details said person as scum.

Hey wait, that's me and Vector who were voting for you before! That explains it, huh. You were leaning on me and Vector because we were voting for you.  You only address my query and not hers yet we stay on the same boat regarding you?

FOR SHAME.

> a. Not much sense. Did you read what I was doing? No. You act on what the vote lies on and not the context of the intention or action on what the person does. What did my vote sticking on you entail? Tunneling? No. That's a one-sided lie on your part.

Wuba:
How many votes are required for hammer?
- Semi-hammers in effect. Days last on a soft 48 hours, unless a majority is voting for any player or No Lynch. If a player is hammered, continue to talk or socialize until I finally get around to posting.

= 8 players, 4+1 = 5 still.

TWS
Oh, just my two cents.

If you're so convinced I'm scum, I think we should lynch Tiruin and let me die of poison. The reason I'm not voting her now is that I'm waiting for him to answer, but I still think she's the most likely candidate, and I'll probably return at least one of my votes to her at the end of the day.
Bloody hell. Are your pronouns right? Oh yes they frickin' are.

And yeah, I'm scum because people only look at superficial reasons. I applaud Toaster, Vector and Griffy for at least thinking first before posting and trying to look back in the thread, because judging based on recent posts for the only reason is quite...

Ugh.

Wait... so your reason is "poisoner". Why can't he be town? "Poisoner". Ah... I see. Except, it's just like a vig. Why is it so different? And if you're so sure he's not town, why aren't you voting him?
I love how people keep on pressuring the 'Y U NO VOTE HIM INSTEAD OF ME IF UR SURE BLAH BLAH'. It's because I'm looking at both of you in the same manner. TWS for newbie scumflailing. TolyK for being a blithering idiot. No offense to either but that's what I'm seeing, reeking of scum.

PS. If I get lynched, whatever. Game will continue. I advise you people to realize that.

> I protected Griffy N1.

> I resetted Hapah's one-shot N2.

> I declared my auto in the thread. You people look for it because [-PROFANITY-]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 06, 2013, 08:16:13 pm »

Day hasn't ended because it still has 44 minutes to go.

Also for fuck's sake, DO NOT LYNCH TOLYK!  This is Sober Toaster talking!

Extend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 06, 2013, 08:16:33 pm »

Wait no. TheWetSheep.

Just realized you never detailed the reasons behind why I was lying. That was your CASE for the entirety of TWO days. Something which you haven't addressed.

Follow the link. Follow the question marks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 06, 2013, 08:17:37 pm »

PPE Toaster. Argh. Extend.

44 minutes...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 06, 2013, 08:18:09 pm »

Cancel Extend.   Don't care if you're voting Sheep.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 06, 2013, 08:19:03 pm »

Also, note Sheep is on.  He's waiting until the last moment to make sure the lynch goes his way.  I'm sure he'll come up with some silly reasoning for an 11th hour vote change.

I've seen it happen before and lose town the game.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 93