Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217964 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #1080 on: May 04, 2013, 12:15:21 pm »

Ahem.  Anyway, yes, you shouldn't lynch TolyK because you should lynch Sheep.  TolyK is just being dumb, while Sheep is being scum.

Tiruin:  It's almost like you're searching for reasons to vote TolyK, despite your heavy attacks on Sheep.  Why is this?

...Is this the reason for your two-post outburst back there?

You've played with me long enough to know I take the time to spell/grammar check my posts.  What else would make you think I would come in here and face-keyboard out a couple posts like that?

Massclaim:  No need, since I strongly suspect Sheep is the only scum left.

Ranger:
Toaster: Why do you think Hapah wanted us to see you as town? Do you think he did something else to you instead?

To build town cred.  I have no idea if he actually actioned me at all.  It's within the realm of possibility that he actually did truth test me, but I doubt it.  I don't know what or if he did to me, and I don't really care.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 04, 2013, 12:29:49 pm »

Ahem.  Anyway, yes, you shouldn't lynch TolyK because you should lynch Sheep.  TolyK is just being dumb, while Sheep is being scum.

Tiruin:  It's almost like you're searching for reasons to vote TolyK, despite your heavy attacks on Sheep.  Why is this?

...Is this the reason for your two-post outburst back there?

You've played with me long enough to know I take the time to spell/grammar check my posts.  What else would make you think I would come in here and face-keyboard out a couple posts like that?
If TolyK is dumb, Sheep dies anyway due to poison. What's your side to it?

On the grammar part...
DONT;C'F FUICKING VOTE TOLYK
I think it came off to me as an urgent post-distress thing. Didn't know the context of how it came about so I interested the most pertinent thought- 'Alarm'.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 04, 2013, 06:26:45 pm »

Tiruin: I guess you're mostly right. I won't revote you for now. I feel like I've gotten to a point where I think I have to vote you, and that's something I don't want.

But hang on... you're voting to poison me... but you don't think I'm scum?

Darnit I feel people are only acting on the posts on the page they see instead of going back to read the intentions and motives of the person in question. Whatever, too busy now.
I kind of do this because looking back through 70 pages is really daunting.

Also, why are you so convinced TolyK is the cause of the lack of night kills when we have several other explanations? Why can't you see a town poisoner?

Why don't you kill them both, and then get lynched. Best scenario is that if you're scum...well, one scum poisoner down. If you're town, then conclusions draw into matters on conjunctions--are your targets scum or town? We're decided and debated for more than enough days, the general consensus is in suspicion on TWS due to his antics...While I am suspicious of you because of your antics (and that I'm really against poisoners being town...), the proposition above seems fairly reasonable to me.

Toaster:
Toaster:
Sheep:
Your case on me is a crap case. No, I'm not going to give any reasoning for why it is. I'll just say it's a crap case, and it should be good enough for people, right? Granted, there's not much wording around that vote, but that's not the only place I showed my suspicion. Also, it had a whole lot more reasoning than your previous two votes for me.

Okay, then I won't unvote you.  Not like I was likely to anyway, but hey.
That was me poking at you saying my vote on ZU with a crap vote without expanding on it.
Still haven't explained this.

But yeah, TheWetSheep is totally scum and you should all be voting for him.
Tiruin:  Why are you voting TolyK over Sheep?
TheWetShee[ is scum vote him
Why can't you conceive the idea that others don't agree with your scumpicks?

This is around the point I finally read over Zrk2's interactions and realize that Sheep is scum.  I voted him on a simple vote to provoke a reaction, but I'm already convinced.
Did you get a telling reaction? If you're already convinced, why only give your case now?

Also, why are you not pressuring me?

Vector: So far, you haven't voted or FoSed any (flipped) scum ever. Why is that? Also, I just went trawling through your recent posts. I detect an activelurk:

Unless I missed any, you do not have a single post with much substance for five pages. You do, however, have a bunch of little posts that don't say much at all. In fact, this is your most recent large-ish post. Are you busy or activelurking or both?

People voting to not antidote me: Can you give your cases please?

Everybody: If I'm alive for the night, who should I give votes to? I can give one to myself, or one vote to two others. I'm thinking Griffionday and NQT; Griff because I trust both him and his judgement and NQT because he doesn't have a vote already, and I trust him quite a bit.

NQT: If you were given a vote could you use it?

Another Question For Everybody: What do you all think of Hapah's claimed truth-telling ability?

Again, please tell me if I missed stuff.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 04, 2013, 07:05:02 pm »

Okay, i promised reads and am feeling better so lets see what i can find.
Vector hasn't done too much this game but has said she was busy multiple times. Although not being very active, she has answered any question posed to her and i see no scumminess from her. Lean-Town

NQT is who i see as the most towny. I got a town answer from my day inspect, and despite multiple claims that mess with everyones minds, he's been very forth coming about his actions and hasn't made any scummy posts to me. Town Read

I haven't found much good or bad from Toaster. Hapah's possible truth teller ability was used on him and he said he was town. Despite Hapah being Scum, i don't see anything scummy with toaster. Lean-Town

Griff has been a null read for me since Day 1, but today he has shown himself to be quite towny. He has been hunting well today, and hasn't made any scum tells i can see. Lean-Town

Tolyk's poisoning claims and rather carefree play these last few days has been a topic of arguement for a while now. Despite this, i can't see him being scum. Aside from the joking tone he has taken, nothing scummy pops out to me of his actions. If he weren't Town, i would say he was a jester of some sort, or an SK with arsonist-esque abilities. Mid point between Lean Town and Third-Party.

Sheep has appeared scummier and scummier as this day has gone by since he Hammered ZU yesterday. His actions have been unconvincing and his hunting today has been terrible. I would suggest leaving Tolyk alive and voting someone else as if Tolyk is telling the truth, we're letting sheep die to poison. Scum Read

Tiruin was my top towny pick for Day 1 and most of Day 2. Day 3 has shown a change. She has become scummier and scummier, with NQT's claim and my claim. I trust NQT and have seen no reason not to see Tiruin as scum today. Scum Read
I'm all for a massclaim today or Day 4.

I'll be back in an hour or so, I need to go eat some dinner.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 04, 2013, 07:20:43 pm »

I dunno, maybe folks should try being less scummy next time?  I voted and FoSed the people who I thought were guilty.  That happened to not include two scum players, but on the other hand I also pretty much missed Imiknorris outside of RVS.  My scumdar is kind of fucking up this game.

Seriously, dude, for more than the past five pages I have been waiting to lynch TolyK, because I think he is scum (either another serial killer or the last mafioso).  Yes, there are a lot of little posts answering people's questions and no big cases or whatever, but I've posted my reasons throughout and I've done my questioning today.

And as for why I'm not writing big block posts: I am, yes, extremely busy and don't feel like using my copious lack of free time to exclusively trawl through the backwaters of this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 04, 2013, 07:45:27 pm »

Been a long day (up at six; 12 hours later still on my feet and several left to go), just felt the need to correct Tiruin on one point:

Nope: as TolyK said, if he dies Sheep and NQT will not die. 
If I die in any way, the people I poisoned don't die (poison stops working). If I get lynched, then NQT and TWS will live.
which is part of why I've not voted him: he's no longer able to end the game tomorrow, so I don't quite have the urgent need to off him and can go with the scummiest. Who is... I don't know; I recall it being you but it could have been Ranger for all I know.  (LONG day.)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 04, 2013, 07:59:54 pm »

Griff: ...I don't recall you ever saying you found me scummy... Ever...
[/quote]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 04, 2013, 08:54:18 pm »

Sheep:
Toaster:
Toaster:
Sheep:
Your case on me is a crap case. No, I'm not going to give any reasoning for why it is. I'll just say it's a crap case, and it should be good enough for people, right? Granted, there's not much wording around that vote, but that's not the only place I showed my suspicion. Also, it had a whole lot more reasoning than your previous two votes for me.

That was me poking at you saying my vote on ZU with a crap vote without expanding on it.

What have I not explained, exactly?

I understand that people can be wrong.

This is around the point I finally read over Zrk2's interactions and realize that Sheep is scum.  I voted him on a simple vote to provoke a reaction, but I'm already convinced.
Did you get a telling reaction? If you're already convinced, why only give your case now?

I wanted to blindside you and provoke some sort of reaction that might give up your scumbuddy.  Didn't really happen, but got lucky with Hapah.  I didn't expand on it then because, again, wanted to blindside you.  Then you hammered before I could do anything else that day.

Because you're scum and scumhunting you is done?  The next step is getting everyone else to realize it.  Speaking of...

Tiruin:

Unless he gets lynched.

If I die in any way, the people I poisoned don't die (poison stops working). If I get lynched, then NQT and TWS will live.

I am pretty damn sure that we have one mafioso remaining.  I'm convinced that Sheep is mafia.  I suspect that there are no other anti-town third parties.  As such, I believe that when Sheep dies the game will be over in a town victory.

If we lynch Sheep, he dies.  If we lynch TolyK, Sheep lives.  If we either no-lynch or lynch anyone but TolyK, Sheep dies if TolyK doesn't antidote him, which I damn sure hope he doesn't.  As such, if we lynch anyone but TolyK the game should end.

Therefore, lynching TolyK is the worst move we could make.  QED.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 04, 2013, 10:23:39 pm »

I just got something better than a DS to post with when i don't have computer access, Thank armok for multiple tabs, finally!
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 04, 2013, 10:54:31 pm »

I feel like uni requirements are killing me rather than anything :S

...Yeah. On that note regarding TolyK/TWS - while I did read TolyK's reply, that memory of his answer didn't kick in when I replied to Toaster regarding it.

Tiruin was my top towny pick for Day 1 and most of Day 2. Day 3 has shown a change. She has become scummier and scummier, with NQT's claim and my claim. I trust NQT and have seen no reason not to see Tiruin as scum today. Scum Read
I'm all for a massclaim today or Day 4.
Details, handsome.

You trust NQT on a probability in order to explain the lack of NK. Anything otherwise would lead to me being town for you judging by my inferring your checks on D1/2. If I've become scummier because of NQT's action on me - detail hit. Hit me with what you've got.

Because...really? That's all you can come up with?

Been a long day (up at six; 12 hours later still on my feet and several left to go), just felt the need to correct Tiruin on one point:

Nope: as TolyK said, if he dies Sheep and NQT will not die. 
which is part of why I've not voted him: he's no longer able to end the game tomorrow, so I don't quite have the urgent need to off him and can go with the scummiest. Who is... I don't know; I recall it being you but it could have been Ranger for all I know.  (LONG day.)
Tyvm >_>

Tiruin: I guess you're mostly right. I won't revote you for now. I feel like I've gotten to a point where I think I have to vote you, and that's something I don't want.

Darnit I feel people are only acting on the posts on the page they see instead of going back to read the intentions and motives of the person in question. Whatever, too busy now.
I kind of do this because looking back through 70 pages is really daunting.

Also, why are you so convinced TolyK is the cause of the lack of night kills when we have several other explanations? Why can't you see a town poisoner?

Why don't you kill them both, and then get lynched. Best scenario is that if you're scum...well, one scum poisoner down. If you're town, then conclusions draw into matters on conjunctions--are your targets scum or town? We're decided and debated for more than enough days, the general consensus is in suspicion on TWS due to his antics...While I am suspicious of you because of your antics (and that I'm really against poisoners being town...), the proposition above seems fairly reasonable to me.

Toaster:
Toaster:
Sheep:

Vector: So far, you haven't voted or FoSed any (flipped) scum ever. Why is that? Also, I just went trawling through your recent posts. I detect an activelurk:

Unless I missed any, you do not have a single post with much substance for five pages. You do, however, have a bunch of little posts that don't say much at all. In fact, this is your most recent large-ish post. Are you busy or activelurking or both?

People voting to not antidote me: Can you give your cases please?

@Case:
...See my reads on you back then. Flaily flailing flails. The reset-votecount also makes this come off to me as your chance to revote others.

...Mainly, I'm voting TolyK over his antics, and the idea that the poisoner replaces the NK (mafiakill-type?) That, or until we can get everyone's actions out, then we can start talking.

I mean, with ~8 people or so, we've got 1 scum. 2 scum looks far too powerful despite the presence of an SK (from observation: We've got 1 one-shot. 1 multi-ability. 1 Auto.) each.

Toaster If the game doesn't end when TWS dies? I'm all for that sort of point, but my suspicions lie on TolyK given his style...If I may use his words, its cheerful. Too cheerful for a man with one hand on a biotoxin, and the other on the antidote.

I mean, for someone with such a power, he'd be more attentive at least. Or in the least, more serious :/

Though I do get your point. When we see multiple townies die of poisoning...something which I can't stop for some reason (though seeing my semantics @PM, I didn't ask if I can protect people already poisoned from dying. I asked if I can protect them from poison, which could come off as protect from being poisoned. Future-present)

...Just give me this time to sleep.

I think you're scum. I think TolyK is scum. I'm pretty confused.

One is, why would you claim a Night-action immunity D1? Second is the suspicion that TolyK has chosen those people as an easy-escape given that we've no proof of their poisoning but his word--it can act as a scapegoat given that there's nothing else to back it up [lack of NKs also prodding that notion]. Three was the newbie card--if you were with Hapah/Zrk, they'd at least be advising you on how you scumhunt. You tunneled and dug into a mountain, in circles regarding your case on me, and now you step back despite your case on me being lying; something which you couldn't clarify in a reasonable enough way.

I can't see a town poisoner because...poisoner. If something like that exists, I'm changing my worldview...but, poison?! A Town poisoner? BYOE and all, That's my thoughts regarding it. It could easily be a fakeclaim as arsonist or whatnot...

Yeah, sleep. I'll get my thoughts into more order soon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 04, 2013, 10:58:12 pm »

Also, my role PM's words. It details things on wounds as opposed to direct kills or whatever. Stuff such as 'recover from wounds' or 'healin' em up', stated non-verbatim...

I can't heal poison, and I doubt that restating it in the most definite way to Web would give a different answer by how he answered me. But...I can heal wounds...While this may come off as nice flavor, just giving out the idea. Anyone know they're wounded?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 04, 2013, 11:08:56 pm »

Tiruin: i have said why i think your scum in previous posts already, the reads post is just an in general thing. And isn't NQT technically heartbroken because of Ford's death?

NQT: Could you ask Web to see what the exact ramifications are of Ford's death? Are you heartbroken?
[/quote]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 04, 2013, 11:18:19 pm »

Tiruin:

So why not lynch Sheep today (or anyone besides TolyK?)  That'll kill off Sheep and you can worry about TolyK later (or more accurately not at all because the game will be over.)

What flavor of scum do you think they are?  You suspect five scum?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 04, 2013, 11:40:46 pm »

Toaster: You didn't explain why my vote on ZU was a "crap vote".

Tiruin: Why claim night-action immunity? Because it was a one-shot, so the information couldn't benefit scum anymore, and it could certainly benefit town.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 05, 2013, 02:39:22 am »

Tiruin: i have said why i think your scum in previous posts already, the reads post is just an in general thing. And isn't NQT technically heartbroken because of Ford's death?

NQT: Could you ask Web to see what the exact ramifications are of Ford's death? Are you heartbroken?
Yeah, you've said it. That's pretty obvious. Why you say so isn't. You've never expounded on the belief on NQT's claim and you're riding it to judge me scum without stating your intention behind it.

Why why why. That's all I ask. You don't deliver.

Toaster: You didn't explain why my vote on ZU was a "crap vote".

Tiruin: Why claim night-action immunity? Because it was a one-shot, so the information couldn't benefit scum anymore, and it could certainly benefit town.
And you didn't answer my questions on what you were trying to do. You shifted views pretty fast an-

...You know what, fine. If TolyK is scum and a poisoner, bah.

Tiruin:

So why not lynch Sheep today (or anyone besides TolyK?)  That'll kill off Sheep and you can worry about TolyK later (or more accurately not at all because the game will be over.)

What flavor of scum do you think they are?  You suspect five scum?
...Four scum is outrageous. Five is just wrong. If this is an exaggeration, then I'm curious why :/

TheWetSheep. Get to stating things right.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 93