Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217742 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #1020 on: May 02, 2013, 11:16:55 am »

OK. Tiruin is almost certainly scum. First, she thinks it's fairly reasonable to kill three players in one foul swoop when there are probably at most two scum remaining and it's not likely Toly would have poisoned a fellow scum if he isn't town. Killing three people just for the off-chance to catch one is pretty lousy odds:

Why don't you kill them both, and then get lynched. Best scenario is that if you're scum...well, one scum poisoner down. If you're town, then conclusions draw into matters on conjunctions--are your targets scum or town? We're decided and debated for more than enough days, the general consensus is in suspicion on TWS due to his antics...While I am suspicious of you because of your antics (and that I'm really against poisoners being town...), the proposition above seems fairly reasonable to me.

And then she wants to know my lovers picks-- just like Zrk2 had done before her:

Why do you panic about the reason on your valuable information, yet you don't disclose who you lover'd?

For your info, I'm not panicking: it's just that the info I've given is helpful to town if I'm dead. Saying who the lovers are at this stage only gives a clearer target for scum come the night.

Did you say Hapah knows something just because he's replaced out and so can't confirm or deny what you're saying? Or is it because he's scum too?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 02, 2013, 12:40:39 pm »

Okay, NQT.  It's time for you to fully claim everything, all in one nice concise post, because I think you're lying.  If you want to leave off the lovers, go ahead, but I want 100% of everything else- including ability names.

Why?

As I am an Affection Mage, my night ability is to spread affection for me to one person. That person then can't kill me that night. I didn't claim this before as I believed it would make me a greater target for attack by scum (who might have, for example, tried to safely kill me by leading a day lynch), and the information gained wasn't quite enough to incriminate anyone. But as I'm facing potential lynch-by-proxy, this is no longer such a consideration.

Night 1, I targeted Vector.

- Last night Vector targeted Zrk2. Whether this was her own choice or someone redirecting her I couldn't say; it's also possible that she was redirected to him but didn't actually use a power. What it does mean is that if Vector is scum then either she didn't use her scumkill last night or Zrk2 was protected. Hopefully, if Vector is town then this gives her some useful information. Or if someone else targeted Zrk2 or Zrk2 has some power that allows him information or powers from people that have targeted him, then this might be useful to know.

Reconcile these statements, loverboy.  Also, you've claimed, among other things, that 1) the loverification is one ability 2) the fact the lovers can't kill you is another ability 3) you have an ability to make people unable to kill you 4) you have three abilities.  I think you're getting your lies mixed up.

You have one chance to resolve all this before I break you.

Griff:  Let me go reread him and I'll get back to you- this needed to be posted straight away.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 02, 2013, 01:16:53 pm »

Toaster- I was afraid someone would bring that up. Thus far I've tried to only reveal as much of the truth as I can without giving too much away to scum. But okay: here's the reconciliation.

The Bigger Claim

I have three abilities. One is a lovers one shot, one is an auto-protect, all as previously described. The third ability wasn't work quite how I described:

Ability 1: One-shot lovers ability as described earlier
Ability 2: Night ability targeting two people, redirecting the actions of one to the other
Ability 3: Auto ability protecting me from my targets night kills: permanently in the case of ability one, temporarily in the case of ability two.

Night One, I targeted Zrk2 to Vector. It's pretty embarassing but I got it muddled in my head and claimed it happened the other way round and I only realised when I was rereading my sent messages the other day (by which time the damage had been done). This still means that Vector could have targeted me with an NK and if she did it wouldn't have worked. It also means that if Zrk2 used his NK, it would have hit Vector. She has soft claimed that it wouldn't have killed her.

Night Two, I targeted Griffionday to Tiruin. This means that Griff probably didn't use an NK last night. Tiruin could have attacked me or Vector in the night and depending on the truth of Ranger and Vector's claims, this could account for the lack of an NK.

So you see the essential of what I was saying was true, but I'd obscured the exact mechanics.

I didn't want to full claim before because I was hoping to lull scum into a false sense of security (what with my lack of a lynch vote) and use my redirect to turn them against each other as the game went on. I can still do that if you don't kill me or TolyK today. My combination of powers means that functionally I am like a cop: if I redirect scum and it kills the second target I know they're scum; and functionally I'm like a limited doctor: if my second target attacks me, I am protected. That's the truth of it. Any questions?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 02, 2013, 01:30:52 pm »

PFP
Toaster
Griff:  Let me go reread him and I'll get back to you- this needed to be posted straight away.
Take your time, I'm working off of a hunch that I'm not 100% sure will clarify anything.

Tiruin
My bet is on a revive ability of some kind, as Web said that such an ability is no good if the other abilities are revealed.  There was also ZU's (?, need to double check) claim of an ability that was supposed to be able to copy abilities if he knew the name.
Web said where?
Here:
Revives: Don't use them if they revive after role flip, or if you do, use them veeeeery carefully. See BYOR 5.5 for how NOT to use them.
No role flip: no reason to restrict the use of revive.

TolyK
TheWetSheep(k)
notquitethere(a)

Just as a preference I'd prefer not to be poisoned in the night at least not until we get a more complete ability claim from you, but if you insist on continuing down your statistical list that's your prerogative.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 02, 2013, 02:41:39 pm »

Please, for the love of God, DO NOT USE RED UNLESS YOU'RE VOTING, RANGERCADO.

Tiruin's blood pressure is slightly above normal.

TolyK summons Earth. Wow, that's incredibly lame.

Vote Count
------------------------
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere -
RangerCado - Hapah,
TheWetSheep - Toaster,
Tiruin - RangerCado,
Toaster -
TolyK - Tiruin, Vector, TheWetSheep,
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, Griffionday,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Hapah needs a replacement. Probably won't get one at 1000 posts. Guess I'll have to modkill.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 02, 2013, 02:43:11 pm »

TolyK
TheWetSheep(k)
Right now I abstain on NQT.

Griff:  On Hapah:

Here is his first real D1 content.  There's not really any meat in here, though.  In fact, all he votes D1 is his borderline RVS vote on UI.

D2 he does his truthtell trick on me.  Afterwards, he gave Ranger crap about his claim issues, eventually voting him.

D3 he revotes Ranger over issue with his claim, then requests replacement.

Verdict:  Too hard to read by way of lack of content.  Seems to be honest about being really busy RL, which would excuse his active lurking.  Beyond that, there's really not much detail on him.

PPE:  Oh man, modkill threat.  I'll feel silly if digging that up was in vain.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 02, 2013, 02:44:22 pm »

If you haven't noticed, I am not actually going down the list. That's a psuedo-statistical list, you happen to be at the top. But I'll more likely do one of the next three "down".

4 voting for an TWS kill (counting Toaster) and 3 for an NQT save, as far as I can tell.

I didn't want to full claim before because I was hoping to lull scum into a false sense of security (what with my lack of a lynch vote) and use my redirect to turn them against each other as the game went on. I can still do that if you don't kill me or TolyK today. My combination of powers means that functionally I am like a cop: if I redirect scum and it kills the second target I know they're scum; and functionally I'm like a limited doctor: if my second target attacks me, I am protected. That's the truth of it. Any questions?
This... well, it seems pretty solid, tbh.
Who would you plan to Redirect-check this night, if TWS dies and one person (you pick, or for each one) gets lynched today?

PPE:
TolyK summons Earth. Wow, that's incredibly lame.
:P

PPE2:
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 02, 2013, 02:51:34 pm »

It seems that NQT forgot about his no-vote thing.
Forgot to bold NQT's name for him to answer my question in a post above.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 02, 2013, 02:53:29 pm »

And what's with these 504 errors?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 02, 2013, 02:55:58 pm »

Forum has had some 504 error issues for a month now; where have you been?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 02, 2013, 02:57:59 pm »

Not so frequently. Almost made me quadruple-post. ;(
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 02, 2013, 03:14:49 pm »

TolyK
Who would you plan to Redirect-check this night, if TWS dies and one person (you pick, or for each one) gets lynched today?
If TWS dies and town follows my suggestion to lynch Tiruin and worst case scenario both turn out to be town, I'd seriously review what was going on in the thread. I'd probably action Vector, but I couldn't really say (and even if I could, would telling scum now who I'd target really be in our interests?) Basically, a lot rests on the flips. Potentially, we've got three upcoming: Sheep, the lynch-pick and Hapah (if/when he's modkilled), then tomorrow we've got the results of the night actions- whether there was a kill etc.

I told the complete truth before about the no vote thing. It was a big surprise to me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #1032 on: May 02, 2013, 03:21:59 pm »

Vector:
Vector, if I were scum, who would it make sense for me to be on a scum team with?

I'm not willing to look for team interactions until we've lynched someone and had them flip scum.  This is a bucket of WIFOM served up on a porcelain plate.

We've got a dead mafioso- what happened to looking for scum teams?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 02, 2013, 03:53:10 pm »

Toaster:
PPE:  Oh man, modkill threat.  I'll feel silly if digging that up was in vain.
This actually answers my suspicion nicely, so thanks for the reply.

Tiruin:
TheWetSheep, NQT (I'm leaning on saving the lover) however, I've a proposition to think about.

Why don't you kill them both, and then get lynched. Best scenario is that if you're scum...well, one scum poisoner down. If you're town, then conclusions draw into matters on conjunctions--are your targets scum or town? We're decided and debated for more than enough days, the general consensus is in suspicion on TWS due to his antics...While I am suspicious of you because of your antics (and that I'm really against poisoners being town...), the proposition above seems fairly reasonable to me.
So you don't want to him to kill NQT, but you want him to kill NQT... What?

"Let's lynch you and let two others die!" Yes... totally reasonable proposition.

Interesting. So you (Ranger) go with the most obvious idea without any backing proof but NQT's word. There's one catch though.

I targeted Hapah N2. Bloody hell. Whether he confirms or denies it, that'll seal my fate. You two are drawing conclusions from...
Ranger's case on you is absolutely conjecture, and pretty much rubbish; as I'm sure your aware.  Why then does your fate hinge on his confirming or denying your ability having targeted him?  Also, you don't have to answer, but what ability did you use that will give him notice of your target?

Ranger:
After you were given a pass for lying to the town your scum hunting has deteriorated significantly. 

Just because it's possible for some set of circumstances to explain why if a player were scum they wouldn't have gotten a night kill DOES NOT indicate they are scum: or even if they ARE scum, that they acted in that fashion.  For all we know scum decided not to night kill to cause wifom and set up alibis; please present an ACTUAL case against Tiruin.  You can use your hypothesis to help explain events, but you need more.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #1034 on: May 02, 2013, 04:07:43 pm »

We've got a dead mafioso- what happened to looking for scum teams?

What happened is that I have four papers and a final to deal with over the next two and a half weeks, for a sum total of about ~60 pages of writing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 93