Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217961 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #660 on: April 16, 2013, 03:21:38 pm »

NQT:  Then I feel no urge to unvote you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 16, 2013, 03:51:02 pm »

Vector:
Nope, I didn't receive a PM.

I'll assume you're referring to my comment.  Interesting.  I can't think of a way to get such a read without either you lying or another ability affecting the read.  It could be a framing type of ability, but I'm not sure how such an ability would mess up a tracking type of read.  There is always the possibility of a anarchist type of ability, but I would think Web wouldn't use one after KotM 3 an how so many people hated it. 

NQT:
Hmm.... Alright I suppose.

You never did answer why you originally planned on targeting yourself with this ability.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 16, 2013, 03:56:51 pm »

In regards to the Multi-Player truth check: Wait, wouldn't Web just make these statements based off of the picked players statement with their known knowledge given to them by Web? Are we allowed confirmation of this Web?

Time for my answers to questions.

Tiruin: I mentioned the Sly Elf as it is being assumed that Hapah's ability is like the childs. I speculated that there may be someone akin to the Sly Elf that all they're statements are seen as truth since there is someone who can check truth. Never can tell in BYOR's. And abilities that affect the Mod isn't that out of the question. And my change in attitude change, It may come with understanding the game better and how to play, or i'm just smartening up from Day 1. Also, lets stop making Flavor posts with video game related content, Web makes it all go bad.

Zrk: Takes the ability of a dead player... You must have another ability that lets you find this out, and did I just give Zrk the chance of taking NQT's lovers ability if he dies by stating the name? I also look forward to your explanation of your vote on Tiruin tomorrow. Also, i've been quiet lately? How is making an inspection claim quiet exactly?

Hapah: So we're going to get someone to state that they, along with 2 other people, are town and see what your results are... I hope your town dude, because everyone seems to be trusting you on this.

Sheep: Your use of your Protection from Night abilities, does it go on into the following day for Day Actions or just for the night?

Griff: I think i've got a possible solution below but i hope it works like we think and not on that players knowledge.

I have a proposition for everyone, lets all state that we, and 2 others, are town. Heck, lets all make 3 statements like that of town other people you think are town with you and let Hapah decide his choice.

I, along with Tiruin and NQT, are Town.

I, along with Tiruin and Toaster, are Town.

I, along with Toaster and NQT, are Town.

More in about an hour, gotta finish up the school day before i post more. PPE: Toaster
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 16, 2013, 04:01:27 pm »

Re: The Vector case:
I guess the question now is: Zrk2 are you surprised that Vector claims she didn't target you?  Why do you think she's claiming such?  What do you think happened last night?  Do you think NQT may have read whatever it was (I'm assuming a PM but for all we know it was a thread) that he got the information from incorrectly?

I'm inclined to believe that even if they were both scum, neither of them would gain from blatantly lying, so SOMETHING happened.  Do you know what?

Ranger
Hapah already said he can only get a truth read from Toaster, so there is no point in us all making such a claim.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 16, 2013, 04:05:35 pm »

Griff: ...oh... Dang... Well... Only my first statement holds any merit then at the top of my post:
In regards to the Multi-Player truth check: Wait, wouldn't Web just make these statements based off of the picked players {just Toaster now} statement with their known knowledge given to them by Web? Are we allowed confirmation of this Web?
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 16, 2013, 04:25:51 pm »

ZU
NQT: If you think one of them is scum, why don't you report the results now? Also if one of them were scum, why wouldn't they not kill you and keep their cover?
I've answered these questions to others; in short: 1, I'm not yet certain. 2, That's entirely certain, hence 1.

Toaster
NQT:  Then I feel no urge to unvote you.
So what you're saying is that despite the fact that my claims have been independently verified, and that my previous withholding of information have been shown to be purposeful and pro-town, you'd like to see me hang because I don't roll over to your overt role-fishing?

Griff
You never did answer why you originally planned on targeting yourself with this ability.
Sorry, I thought I did. I wanted to eithe rbe part of a mason team, or blackmail scum into not killing me. Despite the risks, I thought it'd be a good move for my game. Turned out not to be possible, and I'm not unhappy with my picks.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 16, 2013, 05:07:37 pm »

Truth-telling abilities cannot find out information if the one being asked does not know.

Silly, people.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 16, 2013, 05:12:04 pm »

... Well dang.  Is it to late to target Web with that ability?

I'd be happy just getting a solid read on Toaster otherwise.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 16, 2013, 05:13:03 pm »

PFP

But MAGIC, Wuba! Magic.

Any objections to me going with the straight-up role confirmation?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 16, 2013, 05:40:34 pm »

Edit:
ZU
NQT: If you think one of them is scum, why don't you report the results now? Also if one of them were scum, why wouldn't they not kill you and keep their cover?
I've answered these questions to others; in short: 1, I'm not yet certain. 2, That's entirely possible, hence 1.

Urist Imiknorris- what do you think of Ranger's inspect claim?

Vector, if I were scum, who would it make sense for me to be on a scum team with?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 16, 2013, 06:31:52 pm »

Also your role (based on your current claim) seems a looooooooooot more complicated than mine. Hmmm....
What makes your role so simple?  Does your role become more complex as the game goes on?
It is a standard power role. No.

Questions for Tiruin:
Tiruin is obviously still scummy and I will get a better post together after my midterm tomorrow, but for now
Why do you call BYOR a "nonstandard" game? What constitutes a "standard" game?

RangerCado needs to respond to this:
First: One thing has been confirmed, he can't vote. It doesn't show up on the list so for one reason or another, he's telling the truth there.
Second: I just investigated NQT (got the results after the vote count, and yes i could use it during the day). Unless there is something screwing with my results, he's town.
Third: Considering he openly admitted to giving lovers to 2 people, it is plausible that if one is scum or third party, they want him dead but can't and that Sheep is lying.
Fourth: I haven't seen anything scummy from NQT's posts since the Lovers fiasco which leads me to believe my results.
1. Ok.
2. Hmm... day inspect. Never seen that one before.  :o
3. Why would a scum made-lover want to kill NQT? Why does this mean Sheep is lying?
4. LOL!

Anyways the basic points on why I think Tiruin is scum is
1. No real suspicions
2. Lack of voting. Tiruin voted TolyK for the majority of D1 and then did an OMGUS on Ford.
3. No pressure, no scumhunting.

1. I didn't see your intention to scumhunt because it didn't look like you intended to scumhunt. Making conversation is not assertive and very weak.
2. "Sensing the feelings" sounds like a hippy ritual. Also you never had any sort of case on TolyK or Ford.
3. How am I being obstinate about it? Also the bolded part makes no sense. Yes that case was based on a quick skim. Everything you did was covered in "weak questions/minimal pressure". Reads below. Not much really.
4. Meh. Still not going to speculate cause I have no idea.
5. Meh.

...Please tell me that was all flavor... Because if that wasn't, i think someone just sealed my fate.
This is kinda interesting.

So what you're saying is that despite the fact that my claims have been independently verified, and that my previous withholding of information have been shown to be purposeful and pro-town, you'd like to see me hang because I don't roll over to your overt role-fishing?
First part doesn't mean much. Second part is kinda iffy. Third part is ok I guess, but I don't really see the rolefishing.

Scum to town:
Tiruin
notquitethere
Toaster
Griffonday
Urist Imiknorris
RangerCado
TheWetSheep
Vector
Hapah

Null Reads:
The Soldier
TolyK
Zrk2
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 16, 2013, 06:50:54 pm »

ZU: If a scum got lovers from him, killing NQT would keep him from telling us who he gave lovers as NQT is probably keeping a close eye on their posts for any scumminess... maybe thats why Zrk seems so cautious with his posts... As for why sheep is lying, i should have worded that better. I mean't that he may be lying or he was mistaken as we apparently have 2 people who could have survived the night kill... that we know of.
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 16, 2013, 07:38:42 pm »

Vector, if I were scum, who would it make sense for me to be on a scum team with?

I'm not willing to look for team interactions until we've lynched someone and had them flip scum.  This is a bucket of WIFOM served up on a porcelain plate.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 16, 2013, 08:07:27 pm »

Vector
I'm not willing to look for team interactions until we've lynched someone and had them flip scum.  This is a bucket of WIFOM served up on a porcelain plate.
Sure, clear analysis can only follow from a scum flip- I agree. Do you think I'd be a better candidate for a lynch than anyone else? Are my actions more consistent with me being scum than anyone else's? It's fine if you honestly come to these conclusions, but I'd like to know that you've thought it through. From where I'm standing it looks like you've lazily parked your vote on me and are now waiting for me to hang without further examination of the facts. For someone that I'm otherwise reading as town, this doesn't look good.

(Also, I'm sorry my info about your targeting wasn't helpful- if you're sure you didn't action anyone last night then perhaps we have a redirecter?)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 16, 2013, 08:16:09 pm »

I'm quite sure I didn't target anyone last night, and your apology for being unhelpful is quite unnecessary.

I'm short for time and haven't had a chance to reread since the beginning of D2, but just to get some of this out of the way before I reread this evening... I feel like all of this rigamarole about your role, the active-lurking, the lack of actual data you put out feels a little bit. . . I don't know, staged?  I realize this sounds crazy, but I occasionally wonder if you lovers'd anyone at all.  It'd be an interesting ruse.

And beyond that, you hear you've got an affection for Ford, so... you kill Ford.  Why?  That doesn't seem logical.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 93