Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 46482 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Vote Phase 2 - A loss of Majesty
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2013, 11:19:35 pm »

Yes.  I was asked to claim all of my actions.  I claimed all of my actions.  There was exactly one of them.

I've played enough games to know when it's best to argue yourself off the block and when it's best to let yourself be lynched.  Now's a good time to go, because when I flip town it'll hand town the scumteam.

You didn't answer my question yet :/

What, you mean where I answer it here?

My argument that Hapah looks scummy is about the same as Solifuge's.  At the end of D1 I was pretty sure Soli was town and was sort of at a loss once Dariush had kicked it, so I looked at his points.  The point about Hapah attacking without any drive seemed accurate.  Also, the sheer amount of time he consistently kept people hanging on his arguments... that seemed odd.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2013, 11:34:06 pm »

Toaster, I just found this:
Ford
UI's claim really says nothing about his alignment. Whether vig, SK or scum, he couldn't avoid being caught, and he would have claimed the same.

Say what now?  What do you mean "couldn't avoid being caught?"
Umm...he can't vote. Because he killed Solifuge. Did you read Soli's PM in the OP? That's why everyone was voting and asking for votecounts at the beginning of the day?

If he could have found a way to make himself vote using a day action, he would have done so. Logically, he only claimed because he had no other choice. Even if he's town, it still isn't beneficial to him or to town for him to claim.

Leafsnail:
the Deathsword->Vector voteblock comes down to pure WIFOM.
Not entirely. Deathsword's "multivote" ability made his the most important one to remove for Vector to have a chance.

Vector:
I've played enough games to know when it's best to argue yourself off the block and when it's best to let yourself be lynched.  Now's a good time to go, because when I flip town it'll hand town the scumteam.
How can you be so certain of that when you don't even understand what happened last night?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 17, 2013, 11:36:00 pm »

Have you even been paying attention to all of the "if x y and z happens then thus and such must be lying?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 17, 2013, 11:39:44 pm »

Hmm...sorry, missed that in my skim. Now done a re-read.

So given your attitude, the only saving grace here is when you know when to throw down the glove. Giving up in the hopes that we'll reconsider, given Hapah and LS' accusations, including DS'...unexplained vote?

PFP Ford; Vector

Leafsnail:
the Deathsword->Vector voteblock comes down to pure WIFOM.
Not entirely. Deathsword's "multivote" ability made his the most important one to remove for Vector to have a chance.
I'm not that really sure about DS' claim. He's claiming this, with his only explanation being a weak prod at my powers because I can change a vote chit. He hasn't explained why he's voting vector unless we go by assuming...

Call me disappointed if my suspects are town (except Vector, because PR Hapah)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 17, 2013, 11:45:38 pm »

Uh... no, letting myself be lynched because it is the thing that will best help town.  Seriously, why don't you understand this?  I'm not submitting because I think that somehow you're going to let me off (why, that wouldn't be very townish, now would it!), I'm submitting because I'm not going to waste everyone's energy and ruin their LYLO by casting doubt every which way.  My lynch is the one that gets town the most hard data in a fairly tossed-up game; therefore it's the right one.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 17, 2013, 11:46:47 pm »

Vector: Here's some things you've said:
This is a game with heavy power roles, so the second, more educated guess would be that there's some sort of interaction I don't understand.  So, I probably would turn to behavioral analysis, not to role interactions.
Yeah, statistically unlikely, but what would you think in my place?  It doesn't have to be multiple redirects, it could be something else... all I'm saying is, I'd be confused.
You're also offering multiple, inconclusive explanations. You've pointed at Hapah, but not at Leafsnail (who would have to be lying), and even then you discredited that choice as unlikely because it's out of sorts for him.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 17, 2013, 11:47:52 pm »

Uh... no, letting myself be lynched because it is the thing that will best help town.  Seriously, why don't you understand this?  I'm not submitting because I think that somehow you're going to let me off (why, that wouldn't be very townish, now would it!), I'm submitting because I'm not going to waste everyone's energy and ruin their LYLO by casting doubt every which way.  My lynch is the one that gets town the most hard data in a fairly tossed-up game; therefore it's the right one.
:/

Alright. Shifting your vote onto yourself to seal it. PFP

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 17, 2013, 11:51:56 pm »

. . . Ford, are you stupid?  Yes, there's probably some interaction I don't understand, OR Leafsnail is lying, OR something else.  There are a number of possibilities here.  Why should I have to pass you a conclusive explanation?  I don't have one, because I don't have some sort of omniscient view into the game!

I pointed a finger at Hapah last night.  Given the SNAFU we're in right now, I don't really know what happened.  Is Leafsnail lying?  Did someone do something that gives my role a random effect?  I don't see why I should have to summarize everyone else's arguments about Leafsnail and who's lying and who isn't.  It's a waste of my time.

But if I stay alive, the confusion effect will be even worse.

Jesus christ, you're an annoying little fucker.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 17, 2013, 11:56:17 pm »

I have one question for you, Hapah: Can you tell us about when those two posts were written?
The early hours of the 16th. And I had problems with some bits too, but I thought it best to post the whole thing than to try to clean it up.

(And being a Medium is a first for me. I kinda like it! Funny thing is, Sol is a lot more chatty in the deadchat than she was in the game, lol)

PPEx6: (Goddamn you guys are chatty for it being midnight)

Vector: I suppose we will see what happens! At least you'll still be able to talk if you flip Town *coughcoughDocshelpmeoutherecough*

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 17, 2013, 11:58:21 pm »

Sol is a dude >_>

We are just having all of the gender confusion up in here.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 17, 2013, 11:59:01 pm »

fffffFFFFFFFF I don't know any of you new (to me) guys/gals, lol.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 18, 2013, 12:16:29 am »

. . . Ford, are you stupid?  Yes, there's probably some interaction I don't understand, OR Leafsnail is lying, OR something else.  There are a number of possibilities here.  Why should I have to pass you a conclusive explanation?  I don't have one, because I don't have some sort of omniscient view into the game!

I pointed a finger at Hapah last night.  Given the SNAFU we're in right now, I don't really know what happened.  Is Leafsnail lying?  Did someone do something that gives my role a random effect?  I don't see why I should have to summarize everyone else's arguments about Leafsnail and who's lying and who isn't.  It's a waste of my time.

But if I stay alive, the confusion effect will be even worse.

... *raised eyebrows*

Your justifying your apathy by claiming it will help town find scum ... except you can't explain how that's going to happen ... or what gives you reason to believe that, especially when there are multiple conflicting explanations and you haven't openly endorsed any of them.

It may not be your job to summarize other's arguments, but I asked YOU why YOU thought your lynch would lead to catching the scumteam, especially in light of your own apparent confusion on the matter. You haven't voiced support of anyone's theories, or helped criticize arguments to refine them. If anything, you've done your best to spread greater confusion by hinting at even more complex shenanigans.

Jesus christ, you're an annoying little fucker.
Could you also call me cute? That would just about make my day. :)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 18, 2013, 12:36:43 am »

Blow it out your ass.  I'm not apathetic; I've gone from depressed to sick to in mourning and I am just really fucking tired.

It doesn't matter how much I explain stuff, or how clearly, apparently--you will persist in saying that I didn't specify, that I didn't state, that I didn't clarify.  It's all there!  It's all in my other posts!  Learn to read, you putrid upstart!  Your pedantry isn't getting you anything, it's just wasting everyone's time!

No, I am not openly endorsing an explanation I HAVE NO WAY OF VERIFYING.  What would you have me do, ask for a fullclaim from everyone in order to find out just precisely how things got messed around?  Not at this stage of the game!  First of all, if we mislynch someone else today (likely, given how D1 went) then it will probably be LYLO and, if I die then (this would be the most prudent course of action), it's GG and the scum wins.

I have not hinted at "more complex shenanigans."  I have explicitly refused to entertain any particular theory, and as such I refused to muddy the waters.  You can't have it both ways, Ford.  You can't have me both endorse one of the nebulous scenarios over any other AND clarify the situation.

I don't know what's happening.  You need to accept that and move on.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 18, 2013, 12:53:33 am »

...that is entirely not what I was saying. I'm deeply sorry. I was not meaning to imply that you were being lazy or apathetic now. That's clearly understandable given the circumstances.

I'm going to back off now because this has gone beyond the scope of the game and I'm not comfortable with continuing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 18, 2013, 01:21:04 am »

PFP again

fffffFFFFFFFF I don't know any of you new (to me) guys/gals, lol.
No wonder I was confused on who you were talking about XD

But really. Only Vector and I are girls here. The rest of you are male. That much is obvious.

Anyway...I've just had a passing thought - ahead of time, y'know, to save debate for later on - Hapah: You sure you aren't one of those false positive cops? Its in the FlashMafia, wherein a cop will return either a vice-versa style result on town/scum (= scum/town respectively), or an all scum no matter who you are paranoia-type?

Because really. I truly do believe Vector doesn't have that much courage to pull up what she's saying right now to be scum. To use meta, she isn't doing what she was before (I mean, it was a long time before and her return-post in another game helps back it up). I'm really not feeling much onto Vector other than doubt at the current what-just-happened set up.

She's not claiming miller. She's not claiming anything else but 'I redirected Hapah onto DS'. Putting in the LS variable, we've something to talk about.

@Hapah: Please, tell the truth in your next post. An answer to the above, and preferably what you think about your role - is there anything hinting a paranoia case about you? Just curious here.

Also...forgive me if I'm wrong but where does it say the total # of scum are, Vector? Judging by how you say its LYLO in your post there...I just saw the vague "some of you" - I'm under the assumption that there are 3, to be exact.

...I'm asking this because Solifuge also says there are 3 scum...I can't for the love of me see anything giving the exact # out there in Meph's posts.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30