Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 46479 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Vote Phase 2 - A loss of Majesty
« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2013, 04:20:46 pm »

In a separate paragraph, detail how [your claim] this helps find scum. At all. Either you've just outed yourself to them, or are scum and are trying some kind of strange gambit I cannot understand why.

I might ask the same to you. How did your claim help with finding scum?
TBH, this attitude is also what is making me go along with Vector's pseudo-claim that Hapah did in Deathsword.

It helps due to their response. I already stated how - psychologically, while scum know that the switcher has a chance of targeting town, they'd be adverse, or apathetic to the results unless they're pretty much lax with how they guard being caught out.

You're evading my question again. Answer it. I mean, you show no note of PFP/too busy to post, so I'm assuming you're just being lazy.

You said that your top scumpicks are Vector, followed by me. Everyone else = you're too busy to read. To define, you've tunneled on me D1 and what have you come up with now?

DS: Can you vote someone that isn't Vector, and request a votecount?
If you don't mind, I'll test it on you: Hapah
>It works.
What can you derive from this, DS?

Meph: Will your votecount show people who can vote, but whose votes are not substantial? Meaning that they hold no weight in the end, just that they can vote?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2013, 04:41:45 pm »

Yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2013, 08:12:40 pm »

@Tiruin: Expect my case on/by Monday.  I have a lot of work this weekend, though I'm quite well, thank you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2013, 09:11:34 pm »

Ford
UI's claim really says nothing about his alignment. Whether vig, SK or scum, he couldn't avoid being caught, and he would have claimed the same.

Say what now?  What do you mean "couldn't avoid being caught?"

Urist I:
Okay. Tiruin, you are Vector's partner.

1) You're voting Leafsnail because of what you assume his ability to be.
2) Your reason for not voting Vector is stupid, barely coherent, and makes you look desperate for a reason to not vote her.
3) Why would I take credit for someone else's kill?
4) Solifuge popped in after several days of not posting, voted Dariush for a meh-at-best reason, accused you of fakeclaiming, and promised to post more later (which he never did). Once Dariush flipped town, Solifuge reeked of scum who just wanted to get D1 over with.
5) Why are you recommending people unvote while simultaneously demanding I vote?
6) Why are you trying to cast doubt on Hapah?

So why are you voting Tiruin instead of Vector?

Tiruin:
Unvote btw

So if vector is scum, UI can't be an SK?
...I discarded the idea of an SK due to the opening flavor due to the 'they'. Seeing the second paragraph gives hints to NKs...and I put that out as flavor.

There were no flavor hints to a SK in the first one either.  This isn't a bastard mod- just play it straight with all possibilities on the table.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2013, 10:57:56 pm »

The first Totem Mafia had an SK. I guess you weren't aware of that?
SKs aren't as much of a priority to deal with as mafia members anyway.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 17, 2013, 07:07:12 am »

Toaster: I'll take both of these.
Urist I:
So why are you voting Tiruin instead of Vector?
Because I'm voteless due to killing Solifuge (his role is in the OP), and this votelessness is reflected in the votecount. As my vote has no power today, I voted Tiruin to make my point (also because she was the one demanding I vote to prove it).

Hapah:
UI: To satisfy my curiosity, could you give me the flavor of your kill?
I found Soli in the middle of a clearing, snuck up behind him, overpowered him and put him in a choke hold until he went limp, then he disappeared from the Spirit Realm and that goddamn bird showed up and stole my voice.

Tiruin: I think I see the problem.
The logic is obvious. If Hapah's lying, he's up for death row tomorrow for somehow getting a scum result on Vector. Vector didn't claim any line of Miller. And unless she was affected by a "when I'm inspected, I turn up scum regardless of my alignment" action (check the flash mafia @ BM link...its a role which tags others as scum if they're inspected during the night), then there's nothing else than can be done. 1 Stranger down.
This is WRONG. I told you why it is wrong already. It would have been obvious if you had read the first posts of the day. Vector claims to have redirected Hapah's inspect to Deathsword. If she's telling the truth, then Hapah's scum result is on Deathsword, not Vector. This is why Vector is voting Deathsword. This is also why Deathsword is accusing Vector of fakeclaiming.

Seriously, what is it about Vector's claim that you can't understand? Why is it that every single time you bring it up, you ignore her claim and always talk about how she targeted Leafsnail? (hint: it's probably because she did, you know she did, and you aren't considering her fakeclaim)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 17, 2013, 12:21:55 pm »

Weekend, so I'll make this post quick. I have a message from Solifuge from THE GREAT BEYOND. Oh, wait, it's just the campfire outside. They're making S'mores.

Also note that the portion of my role is Medium, not Editor-In-Chief. As such, you are getting these pretty much as they are. I personally disagree with some points, but I include them for completeness sake. There was also a post pertaining to Deathsword, but I felt it was a bit premature and so I have not included it here. Grab a snack, you're gonna be here a minute.

Spoiler: Post 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Post 2 (click to show/hide)

Let me know if you have any questions.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 17, 2013, 05:09:39 pm »

What sort of bizarro universe is he living in where Tiruin was my top suspect yesterday and I'm not voteless today?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 17, 2013, 06:24:37 pm »

Okay, one of my relatives just died, so I'm going to be sloppy about this:

My argument that Hapah looks scummy is about the same as Solifuge's.  At the end of D1 I was pretty sure Soli was town and was sort of at a loss once Dariush had kicked it, so I looked at his points.  The point about Hapah attacking without any drive seemed accurate.  Also, the sheer amount of time he consistently kept people hanging on his arguments... that seemed odd.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 17, 2013, 08:38:22 pm »

I'm inclined to believe that Tiruin is town.  I still don't see his claim coming from scum and his doubt looks fairly reasonable.

Deathsword I feel torn on.  The scum must know that Vector can't be saved today, so the Deathsword->Vector voteblock comes down to pure WIFOM.  There's also the fact that Vector tried to push blame on him this morning, but claiming a redirected inspection to a scumbuddy is a gambit I can see Vector pulling (it makes sense in a way - it could potentially spin a guilty inspection into towncred).

What sort of bizarro universe is he living in where Tiruin was my top suspect yesterday and I'm not voteless today?
The thing is now I look at it I really can't see any town reason why you'd want to kill Solifuge.  You've manufactured a reason today but I'd expect to see some evidence for it beforehand.  I'd still rather lynch Vector first since that'll help establish whether she was attempting to mafiakill me last night, but if it looks like she was using another action I'm going for you next.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 17, 2013, 08:54:46 pm »

The Counting Stones
Deathsword: Vector
Hapah: Deathsword
Vector: Captain Ford, Hapah, Leafsnail, Toaster

Day ends ~5pm pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 17, 2013, 10:48:50 pm »

Hapah:
I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone posting from the afterlife. It's pretty cool.

I have one question for you, Hapah: Can you tell us about when those two posts were written?

Solifuge:
I can't really follow the first part of your argument. You seem to be saying that UI knows what Leafsnail's ability actually is, but wouldn't that imply he's on a scumteam with Leafsnail, not Vector?

Tiruin stopped voting for Vector, and switched to Leafsnail?
Tiruin was never voting for Vector.

Weird, it's almost as if the scumteam weren't expecting my role power when they targeted me last night, and they had to come up with an explanation on the spot.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Urist Imiknorris:
You might not have a vote, but that's exactly what you did. Remember saying: "I want to vote Vector. Tiruin, please make it so." Then you later rounded on Tiruin with "You're the scums."

For me, the nail in the coffin is that Vector never denied taking an action on Leafsnail. Her only response after Leafsnail's revalation was "I don't know why people are suddenly all murder-happy." I would think a townie would have been more insistent about their innocence, and would have put some actual effort into trying to expose the people who framed her.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2013, 10:53:41 pm »

For me, the nail in the coffin is that Vector never denied taking an action on Leafsnail. Her only response after Leafsnail's revalation was "I don't know why people are suddenly all murder-happy." I would think a townie would have been more insistent about their innocence, and would have put some actual effort into trying to expose the people who framed her.

. . . I thought that would be made clear by virtue of my explaining multiple times what all of my actions were last night.  No, I did not take an action on Leafsnail.  Being insistent about my innocence is pointless because if I'm alive at LYLO without having become a confirmed townie, then it's going to cause a lot of heartache for the town.  So, to be totally frank, I think we're better off if I get lynched now so at least the air gets cleared a little.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2013, 11:13:15 pm »

. . . I thought that would be made clear by virtue of my explaining multiple times what all of my actions were last night.  No, I did not take an action on Leafsnail.  Being insistent about my innocence is pointless because if I'm alive at LYLO without having become a confirmed townie, then it's going to cause a lot of heartache for the town.  So, to be totally frank, I think we're better off if I get lynched now so at least the air gets cleared a little.
*blinks* Huh? I would think that proving your innocence would make you pretty much ironclad. A defeatist attitude like this really only makes sense if you're scum, and thus any effort you put forth would ultimately prove fruitless.

And what do you mean "all" of your actions? I'm pretty sure you only claimed one.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2013, 11:16:16 pm »

PFP

You didn't answer my question yet :/ Well...given your IRL state, we've still got time.

Tiruin: I think I see the problem.
The logic is obvious. If Hapah's lying, he's up for death row tomorrow for somehow getting a scum result on Vector. Vector didn't claim any line of Miller. And unless she was affected by a "when I'm inspected, I turn up scum regardless of my alignment" action (check the flash mafia @ BM link...its a role which tags others as scum if they're inspected during the night), then there's nothing else than can be done. 1 Stranger down.
This is WRONG. I told you why it is wrong already. It would have been obvious if you had read the first posts of the day. Vector claims to have redirected Hapah's inspect to Deathsword. If she's telling the truth, then Hapah's scum result is on Deathsword, not Vector. This is why Vector is voting Deathsword. This is also why Deathsword is accusing Vector of fakeclaiming.

Seriously, what is it about Vector's claim that you can't understand? Why is it that every single time you bring it up, you ignore her claim and always talk about how she targeted Leafsnail? (hint: it's probably because she did, you know she did, and you aren't considering her fakeclaim)
I'm going to try to point the main problem in your thesis here with one word.

Leafsnail.

You forgot the leafy snail right there in the equation - while I guess you didn't think I already thought about your proposition, there was a snail in the works, making it all the more complicated. Somehow, you're insinuating that I'm along the lines of defending Vector when I did state my stance on her.

Humor me. If I'm Vector's buddy, explain why in the world we'd be targeting the same target during the night?

Dat Hapah.
You know I really admire you as a player but there's something wrong with Solifuge. Spoiler: Post 2, Paragraph 4 to 5, Subsections 1 and B, Clause 1).

How...are you so sure about all that? Vector bussing her team, LS lying to save his team...That would put everyone to the axe later on. It's just like how you outed me in your debut. Simple logic O_o

Though I do have to agree. UI and DS putting...weird cases on me. "I'm scum because I've a weird vote switcher power" and "Yer Vector's partner for the following reasons"

...I mean, UI usually pays more attention unless he's under pressure, IMO. Just let me say this that I'm very weary about the scumteam's powers in which that - given the game = broken by a situation as this, they've a backup power. Now, this last paragraph is fully due to how I see Meph's games (Like that one part wherein I was an unlynchable ghoul in one good game and everyone else took the bone Heh. Bone.[<3 Bookthras for his honor there])

Anyway, enough with my PFP rambling.

Vector: If you're town, then either LS is a dirty snail along with Hapah (the latter is very impossible given how he presented his medium case); we've something akin to an anarchist (50% action everywhere!); UI is a Vigilante with some sort of maligned viewpoint or just scum hiding his own NK with the lines of "Kill Solifuge for weak reasons" and "why would I kill him and claim if..."

If only I knew the terminology for those cases :/

My condolences Vector.

Deathsword I feel torn on.  The scum must know that Vector can't be saved today, so the Deathsword->Vector voteblock comes down to pure WIFOM.  There's also the fact that Vector tried to push blame on him this morning, but claiming a redirected inspection to a scumbuddy is a gambit I can see Vector pulling (it makes sense in a way - it could potentially spin a guilty inspection into towncred).
DS isn't answering my question on why he's voting Vector though. UI seems to be answering for him - but that's just my opinion.

Vector, if nothing much comes up by dusk tomorrow [My 5am Wednesday = 5pm Pacific time], I'll be shifting either your vote onto yourself or UI/DS according to whom I view most suspicious, in descending order. DS mostly due to how he posts...Lacking reasoning.

PPE: Ford.
She did only claim one. Redirect.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30